What's new

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ask a wrong question to a wrong person, the chances are that you will always get a wrong answer. If you want to know anything about celestial objects you seek the expertise of an astronomer or physicist. You go to a mullah if you want to be sure that marrying a minor girl or spanking your wife’s butts for whatever reasons is in compliance with Sharia Law.

@nair @levina Where are you? Do you approve this? Lets see if you show the same moral courage @RescueRanger showed in the other thread and stopped trolls from trolling.

"Some people are repeatedly asking 'What harm do this man's belief's cause'. There is a limit to being disingenuous, and these jokers have surely crossed it".

Look at the language? and they are dreaming of becoming a super power! Pathetic!

Condolences my friend. Must have been a difficult time for you.:( Hopefully you feel better now.

He is still around. Just not here anymore.:woot:

Well, I am fine I guess. The problems I have are small compared to those millions of others face.

I am actually not a fan of any NFL team (should I pick 1 team it would probably be the Giants) I just recall you being from Philadelphia and is Pittsburgh not nearby? So I imagined that you might be a Steelers fan.:cheers:

Thank you brother. it certainly was, but I'm now doing much better.

Regarding Ellis, I have very fond and funny memories of you telling him a few times that he was a Vietnamese mental patient who was obsessed with arab and middle eastern affairs :lol: How is Yzd khalifa? He still around?

Yes, I'm from Philadelphia, which is a little over 300 US miles from Pittsburgh. Not a Steelers fan though. I'm a fan of my hometown team the Philadelphia Eagles. but you were very close though :)

he is right. very revolutionary thinking. muslim countries need more genius like him. indeed very good going.

Agree with you that the logic is stupid, but then every country has its own share of morons...... Let us not involve religion on it.....

Did he use any Quranic or sunnah reference to justfy his opinions? The answer is NO. But we all know why this news is picked up by zealous anti-islamic media outlets- to simply bash islam & muslims and compare Islam with other religions like Christianity. Its also a very overt attempt to malign the scholarly community of islam based on the statements of some cleric who is not even that known. This thread should be closed IMO as it is inevetebly leading to bashing of islam & muslims.

This is not a laughing matter. People actually believe these devils.

How is his statement devilish? U know the guy personally?

Thank you brother. it certainly was, but I'm now doing much better.

Regarding Ellis, I have very fond and funny memories of you telling him a few times that he was a Vietnamese mental patient who was obsessed with arab and middle eastern affairs :lol: How is Yzd khalifa? He still around?

Yes, I'm from Philadelphia, which is a little over 300 US miles from Pittsburgh. Not a Steelers fan though. I'm a fan of my hometown team the Philadelphia Eagles. but you were very close though :)

Well, that's great to hear.

:lol:

Elis was a mysterious individual and funny as hell. I can best describe him as some kind of robot.:woot:

I think that Khalifa called it a day.:o:

USA is a huge country after all. I don't know that much about NFL. I prefer NBA which I know much more about. Lakers fan here.:guns:

@nair @levina Where are you? Do you approve this? Lets see if you show the same moral courage @RescueRanger showed in the other thread and stopped trolls from trolling.

"Some people are repeatedly asking 'What harm do this man's belief's cause'. There is a limit to being disingenuous, and these jokers have surely crossed it".

Look at the language? and they are dreaming of becoming a super power! Pathetic!

I have no idea which post you are referring to , But then one guy's post in PDF and India becoming super power,how can you relate both?????? You had a different logic when it was to do with that cleric.......

I have no idea which post you are referring to , But then one guy's post in PDF and India becoming super power,how can you relate both?????? You had a different logic when it was to do with that cleric.......
Typical!

Typical what? do check the posts above (let us drop our prejudice) ......... and you havent replied me with the logic behind his post and india becoming super power?

You remember I told you about the RAND report regarding Islam ? One of their suggested plans is whenever they see a guy like this make a stupid comment they would spread it throughout media make them look fools and show ppl that this is popular and they are all like that. specially if they were "Wahhabi" meaning Saudi.
But let them do what ever they want.
They are loosing
Plus let's ask this guy what he thinks

View attachment 194134

Even if an obscure bearded guy sneeze in KSA or any part of the muslim world - it becomes headlines. The objective of west is very clear here. They want use such isolated incidents to degrade the scholarly community of the muslim world so that when credible scholars say something that goes against their interest, then they can be maligned. The r not trying to hide it anymore. Recently UK passed laws that can essentially be used to criminalize basic islamic practices.

Last edited:

I just realised that I gave a like to the post that you've quoted.
I agree to what the member had to say. Such religious scholars (be it from Islam, christianity or Hinduism) influnece their followers.
What he had to say today might sound very harmless, but let me remind you that each drop makes an ocean. So this statement counts too.
Can you imagine what would happen if tomorrow this guy were to say that vaccination is not good for your child??

Most prolly you got offended by the words "these jokers", which I interpretated as "religious scholars" as the post continues to detail how the clergies have been making fatuous statements.
I'm sure the member did not pull a blanket statement on all the muslims.

Some people are repeatedly asking 'What harm do this man's belief's cause'. There is a limit to being disingenuous, and these jokers have surely crossed it.

From what I understand, the clergy does have a say in how a lot of common, devout people lead their day to day lives - especially in the Middle East. Imagine them taking guidance from someone like him. I can recall two recent opinions/rulings/judgments from Saudi clerics - about women driving and making snowmen.
Saudi cleric condemns snowmen as anti-Islamic| Reuters
Saudi cleric says women drivers risk damaging their ovaries

It is not hard to imagine a similar obscurantist claiming that polio vaccine is a plot of render muslims sterile. I know for a fact that in parts of India (Uttar Pradesh for one), Muslims resisted getting their children vaccinated - and yes, this was well before the Osama/CIA business. I think the same is true for Pakistan as well - resistance against polio vaccinations dates back to well before 2011. If this isn't harm, I don't know what is.

and they are dreaming of becoming a super power! Pathetic!
Now did you have to taunt us??

No one know who this guy is.. So ppl are trying to make us look fools cuz unknown person said something isn't related to religion.
Ok let's listen to major Shia scholars say regarding religion and fatwa. Specially that those fatwa affected the life of millions of Shia baby girls
Can you say something against Khomeini ? @haman10

Agree with you that the logic is stupid, but then every country has its own share of morons...... Let us not involve religion on it.....
i did not intend to criticize any religion. but its pathetic to see some people are defending that cleric. so its good for them to have more such cleric.

@haman10 where are you ? Why did you run away ? In the video Khomeini says shia can sleep with babies but no intercourse! Can you deny it in the streets of Tehran ? You got the book name number and page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom