What's new

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the face of this Moron. he doesn't look like a normal human being. There is no harm in whatever he says about the earth but If he issues Fatwa to kill some one, it will definately very dangerous.

What a twisted ***** you are by the way, you start with personal attacks and end with something that is totally irrelevant here.

If you can believe ancient Indians traveled to Mars, and had planes flying all over India and were masters of plastic surgery, then accepting this hypothesis for debate should not have been a problem.

What a twisted ***** you are by the way, you start with personal attacks and end with something that is totally irrelevant here.

If you can believe ancient Indians traveled to Mars, and had planes flying all over India and were masters of plastic surgery, then accepting this hypothesis for debate should not have been a problem.
You watch; slowly but surely this thread will get transformed into yet another Islam bashing thread.

My question is very simple; how on earth his belief is affecting anything? Is this changing the fundamentals of Islam?

Do not post without understanding. I said that his claim about earth is harmless so no problem if he says that earth is stationary. The Fatwa of this type of Mullahs are dangerous and not their statement on earth.

You watch; slowly but surely this thread will get transformed into yet another Islam bashing thread.

My question is very simple; how on earth his belief is affecting anything? Is this changing the fundamentals of Islam?

No how is it related to Islam in any way? Except that Islam encourages you to research.

Well he is a cleric and there are people who follows or believes this guy...... so You dont mind if he tells a student that Earth doesnt revolve?
No I do not mind because he is a cleric, not a scientist. It will be fool of ME to follow a cleric for anything other than what he is an expert of i.e. theology.

Do not post without understanding. I said that his claim about earth is harmless so no problem if he says that earth is stationary. The Fatwa of this type of Mullahs are dangerous and not their statement on earth.

I clearly understood what you had written......................... there is a difference in Fatwa and hypothesis, and Fatwa or no Fatwa that comment of your's was totally irrelevant here.

No I do not mind because he is a cleric, not a scientist. It will be fool of ME to follow a cleric for anything other than what he is an expert of i.e. theology.

Now here you are missing something, They may not follow him based on his knowledge in science, but for what he is known for....... But when a person makes a statement like this, there are people who will believe this theory....... by the way we are not talking about rocket science,...... We are talking about common sense or general knowledge........

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun

839624-Untitled-1424152028-540-640x480.jpg

If a plane stops still in the air, China would be coming towards Earth, says cleric . PHOTO: ALARABIYA NEWS​

A Saudi cleric in a recent video rejected the theory that the Earth revolves around the Sun and claimed that the opposite is true, Al Arabia News reported.

His statements sparked a wave of social media remarks across the globe.

When a student questioned him about whether the Earth was stationary or moving, Sheikh Bandar al-Khaibari responded with “stationary and does not move.”

To support his theory, Khaibari quoted some clerics and chose to present some religious statements. He then used some visuals to further strengthen his argument.

Holding up a sealed water cup, he questioned “First of all, where are we now? We go to Sharjah airport to travel to China by plane, clear? Focus with me, this is Earth,” he said pointing at the sealed cup.

He then argued that if a plane stops still in the air, “China would be coming towards it in case the Earth rotates in one direction. If the Earth rotates in the opposite direction, the plane would never reach China, because China is also rotating,” he explained.

A wave of controversial remarks flooded social media, following the clerics video, so much so that a new hashtag began trending on Twitter: #cleric_rejects_rotation_of_Earth

Several Twitter users ridiculed the cleric for this notion.

In an interesting remark, one user tweeted: “What a coincidence that this would occur on Galileo’s birthday!”

Galileo was accused by the church for many of his beliefs including his support for the Copernican theory that the Earth and other planets revolved around the sun.

Saudi cleric claims Earth is stationary, does not revolve around Sun – The Express Tribune

Very true . And sun is revolving around earth. I can see the Sun going up and down every day ... :D

Reactions: zip
Now here you are missing something, They may not follow him based on his knowledge in science, but for what he is known for....... But when a person makes a statement like this, there are people who will believe this theory....... by the way we are not talking about rocket science,...... We are talking about common sense or general knowledge........

Then best way for you is to produce a counter argument against his "travelling to China by plane hypothesis"............... present something that proves him wrong. For the time being I am still thinking how to counter that.

People these days will believe anything, so why even worry if people believe him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom