What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

Today Eurofighter Typhoons number 317 and 318 have arrived.

Welcome home :)

BIwx5YmCAAAMwft.jpg:large

Today Eurofighter Typhoons number 317 and 318 have arrived.

Welcome home :)

BIwx5YmCAAAMwft.jpg:large

I believe that the RSAF recieved another two a few weeks ago is that true?

Also, do you think the RSN is going to build up its own Air Force?

@Yzd Khalifa

I believe RSN must not buy the Super Hornets.

Rafale: if you HAVE to buy from the west.

J-16: If the want long range maritime area denial capability.

JF-17 Block III: If they want Restricted maritime area denial capability WITH numarical advantage and faster turn around time.

JSF: Wont serve your needs for a ,maritime role.

Su-35: Ideal, should bears be willing to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Sup bro?

@Yzd Khalifa

I believe RSN must not buy the Super Hornets.

Rafale: if you HAVE to buy from the west.

J-16: If the want long range maritime area denial capability.

JF-17 Block III: If they want Restricted maritime area denial capability WITH numarical advantage and faster turn around time.

JSF: Wont serve your needs for a ,maritime role.

Su-35: Ideal, should bears be willing to sell.

I know someone in the RSN he's currently studying at the UAFA, he told me that the RSN is seriously considering the F/A 18 Super Hornets for some reasons. The issue was that when the Iranain Navy announced that they're going to build an AC for their navy, our MOD was concerned and decided to fallow suit. As such, the F/A 18 was the best condidate that could match their needs, Im sure that the PN has been consulted in this regard, if you know what I mean ;).

As for the French DR, we signed two Memorandum of Understanding Agreement, the first was in 05, while the second was signed in 10. The issue was that when KSA signed its first contract with the BAE for the 72 Typhoons, the UAE will pick the DR. Disappointingly However, the UAE chose to go after the Typhoons, yet, the UAE didn't sign the contract with the BAE up to this day.

Nowadays, and due to the current climate, KSA is seriously considering the DR, but that depends on the outcome or the Syrian crisis, as far as my knowledge is concerned.

Regarding China, KSA imports weapons from the PRC, additionally, China offers its military equipments to aplenty of nations and specifically in the ME. Personally, I think it's a great idea that the RSN might look into decisively.

When it comes to the JF-17, I think the SNG will be interested in it, keep in mind that they have been testing Al-Khalid tanks for a quite some time.

It's highly unlikely that KSA will consider purchasing weapons from Russia, especially when they're backing up the ruthless thug -Assad -.

In fact, we tried to lure them with some deals for the sake of the Syrian people, these deals include the T-90 tanks, S-400s, as well as MiG-35s, but it didn't work out unfortunatly :(.

@Yzd Khalifa

The issue with the Super hornet is not technology. Boy they are fine machines!....however putting all eggs in one basket is never a good idea. I for one, my friend would love to see a fully integrated GCC+Pakistan Navy, under a single rotating command structure. Remember my words by 2025 India WILL be a naval threat to GCC not just to Pakistan, it will become imperative to have a joint Naval fleet, with 2 carrier groups, diesel electric subs and our nuclear sub as a cherry on the top,something we cant afford to have an operate on our own but jointly a massive naval power fleet is a plausible possibility.

@Yzd Khalifa

The issue with the Super hornet is not technology. Boy they are fine machines!....however putting all eggs in one basket is never a good idea. I for one, my friend would love to see a fully integrated GCC+Pakistan Navy, under a single rotating command structure. Remember my words by 2025 India WILL be a naval threat to GCC not just to Pakistan, it will become imperative to have a joint Naval fleet, with 2 carrier groups, diesel electric subs and our nuclear sub as a cherry on the top,something we cant afford to have an operate on our own but jointly a massive naval power fleet is a plausible possibility.

The RSNF will not be getting air assets beside the Helis they have now. They have marine supporting Helis, and Anti-Sub and S&R Helis.

The RSAF also takes care of the anti-maritime role.

@Yzd Khalifa

Couldn't agree more. All I'm looking forward to seeing Gwadar Port fully operational, and granting Pakistan an observe membership in the GCC.

The RSNF will not be getting air assets beside the Helis they have now. They have marine supporting Helis, and Anti-Sub and S&R Helis.

The RSAF also takes care of the anti-maritime role.

Have you read my post #1342 ? :/

@Yzd Khalifa

Why 2025?

Indian Navy is currently strongest Navy of Indian ocean (If you count US out). What is going to change by 2025 that IN would start posing a threat to those countries, to whom it could still pose a threat?

'
I know someone in the RSN he's currently studying at the UAFA, he told me that the RSN is seriously considering the F/A 18 Super Hornets for some reasons. The issue was that when the Iranain Navy announced that they're going to build an AC for their navy, our MOD was concerned and decided to fallow suit. As such, the F/A 18 was the best condidate that could match their needs, Im sure that the PN has been consulted in this regard, if you know what I mean ;).

Iran could construct AC. Making something has never been a issue with Iran. The point is how effective it would be?

Going by the precedence, they are going to weld a deck on a container ship and call it a day.

Do you believe that you may face a genuine AC threat from Iran some day?:what:

Regarding China, KSA imports weapons from the PRC, additionally, China offers its military equipments to aplenty of nations and specifically in the ME. Personally, I think it's a great idea that the RSN might look into decisively.

When it comes to the JF-17, I think the SNG will be interested in it, keep in mind that they have been testing Al-Khalid tanks for a quite some time.

It's highly unlikely that KSA will consider purchasing weapons from Russia, especially when they're backing up the ruthless thug -Assad -.

Small problem with this arrangement.

China uses Russian engines to power it's Aircraft ( Including jf-17) and would require NOC from Russia to supply Saudis with anything.

Also the homemade WS-17 Engine of china is problematic as it need to be changed after every 500 hour compared to 3000 hrs for a russian engine.

'Sup bro?

As for the French DR, we signed two Memorandum of Understanding Agreement, the first was in 05, while the second was signed in 10. The issue was that when KSA signed its first contract with the BAE for the 72 Typhoons, the UAE will pick the DR. Disappointingly However, the UAE chose to go after the Typhoons, yet, the UAE didn't sign the contract with the BAE up to this day.

N

Whoa, when did this happen? I could not find any links or news articles on this.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom