What's new

Saudi Arabia warns Iran: Will not tolerate threats to Gulf state

Yep, the more intelligent people will realize that agni V is a threat to China, not pakistan. India already had whole pakistan within range before..

Yes, at present, pakistan's major problem is its oil dependency. Also the gas fields which pakistan uses are almost 30+ year old and may have gotten to the end of their useful life. Pakistan has to search for new oil and gas sources domestically or maybe overseas so that it is not dependent on imported oil. Also, its oil infrastructure should be protected using high tensile strength concrete like that of Iran's. Offshore drilling like Iran does at north sea can also be considered.

At present state, Pakistan is suited well for a short and sharp conflict with, say India. But according to my assessment, cannot fight a full scale conventional war longer than 30 days due to energy dependency.

Which is why Pakistan is pressing on with the IP pipeline project to be completed despite American and Saudi pressure to abandon it. The IP pipeline is necessary for the assurance of un-interrupted supply of gas and electricity which will enable our dependency on Gulf oil to decrease considerably allowing us to allocate more oil for strategic and military purposes.

Infidels, Indians, Idiots - synonyms.

That's why they 'think' Egypt was defeated in 1973.

I hope you can read Arabic,
Very interesting article has got revealed for the first time by the Soviet foreign minister Vladimir Vinogradov 1967 to 1970 and USSR ambassador in Egypt 1970 to 1974, talking about Egypt role in 1973 war,

Enjoy yourself...:pop:
??? ?????? ???????? - ????? ?????? | ???? ?????? ???? ???? ????? ????? ??????? - ??????????? 1973 ???? ?????? ????

Iran is fighting to regain its sphere of influence lost during Qajar and Pahlavi eras:

It always amazes me how delusional the Iranian leadership can be. They are about to be incinerated by the US but are still dreaming about regional domination.

Last edited by a moderator:
It always amazes me how delusional the Iranian leadership can be. They are about to be encenerated by the US but are still dreaming about regional domination.

It's not like the mullahs aren't getting results. They turned Iraq, a country that was attacking Iran with chemical weapons, into an ally, some say a puppet, state in a matter of a decade. They created Hezbollah in Lebanon and got them to win seats in the parliament, all while oil was around 10 dollars a barrel (when Hez was created) and Iran was almost bankrupt. In Afghanistan Iran has the unconditional support of the Northern Alliance. Armenia is extremely close to Iran. Tajikistan, despite not sharing a border with Iran, is becoming very close as well (mainly thanks to the fact that tajiks speak the exact same language as Iranians and are ethnically Persian). In Bahrain, the mullahs are only being held back by the Americans, nothing more. Most recently, Iran and Egypt, two former enemies, are starting to open up embassies in each other's countries and have economic relations.

So they're getting results, even under constant pressure, multiple rounds of sanctions and without nuclear weapons.

You have a habit of throwing out ironic and confusing statements. They're not delusional in the least bit.

“If you done it, it ain't bragging.”

It's not like the mullahs aren't getting results. They turned Iraq, a country that was attacking Iran with chemical weapons, into an ally, some say a puppet, state in a matter of a decade. They created Hezbollah in Lebanon and got them to win seats in the parliament, all while oil was around 10 dollars a barrel (when Hez was created) and Iran was almost bankrupt. In Afghanistan Iran has the unconditional support of the Northern Alliance. Armenia is extremely close to Iran. Tajikistan, despite not sharing a border with Iran, is becoming very close as well (mainly thanks to the fact that tajiks speak the exact same language as Iranians and are ethnically Persian). In Bahrain, the mullahs are only being held back by the Americans, nothing more. Most recently, Iran and Egypt, two former enemies, are starting to open up embassies in each other's countries and have economic relations.

So they're getting results, even under constant pressure, multiple rounds of sanctions and without nuclear weapons.

You have a habit of throwing out ironic and confusing statements. They're not delusional in the least bit.

“If you done it, it ain't bragging.”
I am not denying that Iran has a powerful influence in the ME, but what I am saying as long as we are around it won't turn to regional domination. Also, If it wasn't for big satan Iraq and Afghanistan would still be very hostile to Iran, so please don't claim that as an achievement of yours. As for Bahrain, we stepped in not the US. Furthermore, you know as well as I do that Hezbollah will seize to exist the moment the FSA control Damascus.
So, what I am saying is giving the fact that your about to be incinerated, your obsession with maintaining these fragile alliances is at the very least unjustified.

Indeed, all US military invasions recently (Iraq and Afghanistan) has been very beneficial to Iranians. The shia sphere of influence today governs Iraq, Lebanon (hezbollah), Syria and Afghanistan. Soon to come (inshallah) - Bahrain. Is this the same Iran which was on the verge of falling apart in the 80s? :no:

Must admit, without United States' led invasions, the Shia sphere of influence wouldn't have been so great today. Iran has something to be grateful to the US despite the seeming hostilities. :cheers:

While at the same time, US keeps playing a "stick and carrot" game with the Arabs.

I am not denying that Iran has a powerful influence in the ME, but what I am saying as long as we are around it won't turn to regional domination. Also, If it wasn't for big satan Iraq and Afghanistan would still be very hostile to Iran, so please don't claim that as an achievement of yours. As for Bahrain, we stepped in not the US. Furthermore, you know as well as I do that Hezbollah will seize to exist the moment the FSA control Damascus.
So, what I am saying is giving the fact that your about to be encenerated, your obsession with maintaining these whimsy alliances is at the very least unjustified.
More nonsense.

The Americans destroyed Saddam and his party, but they didn't help the Iranian mullahs to get control of Iraq now did they? It was the mullahs who jumped in and within a matter of months had all the pieces in place. As I said, a decade before that the Iraqis were at war with Iran and were attacking Iran with chemical weapons. A decade later, Iraqis were answering to Iran. In the next coming years, the highest ranking Ayatollah in Iraq will be replaced by either an Iraninan grand ayatollah or an Iranian backed Iraqi ayatollah.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/04/06/iran-eyes-spiritual-leadership-iraqs-shiites.html

Iran is promoting a conservative cleric close to its supreme leader as a possible successor for the aging spiritual leader of Iraq's Shiites, a move that would give Tehran a powerful platform to influence its neighbor, according to figures close to Iraq's religious leadership.

In Afghanistan, Iran even helped the Americans by forcing the Northern Alliance to help the Americans overthrow the Taliban. The Northern Alliance was Iran's chess piece long before the Americans entered the picture. Today, the Afghan National Army is almost entirely made up of Northern Afghans and has very little Pashtun nationality.

In Bahrain, Iran is afraid of the Americans and their aircraft carriers that are parked in Bahrian, nothing more. By simply helping the shia clerics morally and financially, Iran will buy time and stir up trouble time to time. Military action has never worked.

Hezbollah has 12 seats in the Lebanese parliament and has 2 cabinet members. Furthermore, their military wing is even stronger than Lebanon's actual military and can make a coup in an instant (as they did a couple of years ago).

In Syria, Iran has never had any sort of control. We have always been a supporter of Assad, nothing more, nothing less. With him gone, Iran will lose an ally, but not control, mainly because we never had any control over Syrian politics. For the mullahs, only control matters and we see this in every neighborng country.

Hezbollah has 12 seats in the Lebanese parliament and has 2 cabinet members. Furthermore, their military wing is even stronger than Lebanon's actual military and can make a coup in an instant (as they did a couple of years ago).
Even Hezbollah leaders know that they won't survive without Syrian support. In fact, one of their leaders said that Hezbollah in order to survive after Assad, they will need an alliance with Israel!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Iran and Saudi should step back and think for a second that any hostilities between them benefits whom?

Middle East is already in a lot of trouble as is and there is surely no need for the people of the middle east to
suffer because they have lunatics ruling there respective countries.

People who want saudi and iran at each others throat are the same people that would have loved to keep iran and iraq fight in a never ending death match to hell.

Must admit, without United States' led invasions, the Shia sphere of influence wouldn't have been so great today. Iran has something to be grateful to the US despite the seeming hostilities. :cheers:

It is true. The American invasions of the Middle East, as horrific as they were, gave a great deal of geopolitical strength to Iran.

Those invasions also served to keep America occupied, which was extremely beneficial for both China and Russia as well. It allowed China time to build up our economic power, and allowed Russia the time and space to rebuild its geopolitical power.

I think this past decade will be remembered as the "turning point" for American hegemony in the world.

It is true. The American invasions of the Middle East, as horrific as they were, gave a great deal of geopolitical strength to Iran.

Those invasions also served to keep America occupied, which was extremely beneficial for both China and Russia as well. It allowed China time to build up our economic power, and allowed Russia the time and space to rebuild its geopolitical power.

I think this past decade will be remembered as the "turning point" for American hegemony in the world.

Yes, assessing US invasions over the past decades or so, I have come to the conclusion that US policy significantly differs from what it is actually being portrayed in the media.

Basically their policy is to increase the Shia sphere of influence while at the same time show "stick and carrot" to the Arabs to keep them pacified. Words lie, actions do not.

Yes, assessing US invasions over the past decades or so, I have come to the conclusion that US policy significantly differs from what it is actually being portrayed in the media.

Basically their policy is to increase the Shia sphere of influence while at the same time show "stick and carrot" to the Arabs to keep them pacified. Words lie, actions do not.

That's possible. It's also possible that the USA has simply overstretched the boundaries of their capabilities, and are helping Iran/China/Russia out of sheer carelessness rather than by intention.

Or maybe it's just that the tides of world geopolitics are changing.

One thing is for sure. America isn't willing to destroy themselves completely, by directly attacking Iran on behalf of Israel.

Back
Top Bottom