What's new

Saudi Arabia ‘Vision 2025’: Soaring ambitions

Mosa, you're acting like a victim on a Pakistani forum. How brave of you. The history that you arabs and us Iranians have is very well documented.
Let's reverse roles. Imagine if in the 6th century a bunch of desert dwellers had came to your fertile lands and raped and pillaged a modern civilization in the name of Mohamad. Why should we Iranians have any respect for you?

Why are you surprised that we don't like you? Frankly I'm shocked that you would even expect us to like you lol

Past is the Past theres noting you can do cept move on.

So Iranians are out for revenge? And it is not about Islam at all. Interesting.
revenge has nothing to do with it. It's a form of resistance. Until we gain the right to leave Islam (right now it's illegal) and practice our native culture, we will be forced to rebel against the arabization process that has been going on for all this time. Very simple no?

The Pahlavis pretty much re-introduced Iranians with their pre-Islamic history. The mullahs came during a time when Iranians were debating their Islamic identity (liberal Iranians). Today most liberals and nationalists are convinced that arabic culture is the source of all that is negative in Iran.

revenge has nothing to do with it. It's a form of resistance. Until we gain the right to leave Islam (right now it's illegal) and practice our native culture, we will be forced to rebel against the arabization process that has been going on for all this time. Very simple no?

The Pahlavis pretty much re-introduced Iranians with their pre-Islamic history. The mullahs came during a time when Iranians were debating their Islamic identity (liberal Iranians). Today most liberals and nationalists are convinced that arabic culture is the source of all that is negative in Iran.

so whats the solution ?

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I've heard many say that Iranians created shiism so they would not be sunni's like the rest of the arabs was it true ?

so whats the solution ?

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I've heard many say that Iranians created shiism so they would not be sunni's like the rest of the arabs was it true ?
shia Islam began in the arab world not Iran. As to why the Safavi dynasty decided to force shia Islam on Iran, I don't know. Never bothered reading that part of the history.

shia Islam began in Lebanon not Iran. As to why the Safavi dynasty decided to force shia Islam on Iran, I don't know. Never bothered reading that part of the history.

Whats your opinion on the current politics in Iran you favor a secular state or islamic democracy that Mousavi wants ?

Whats your opinion on the current politics in Iran you favor a secular state or islamic democracy that Mousavi wants ?
mousavi doesn't want a secular democracy. He simply wanted to practice the right that the majority of Iranians gave to him (presidency of Iran). He is a lot more liberal than Nejad but he still represents the current regime. He served as Iran's PM under Khomaini's rule. Iran's political system is a theocratic dictatorship with a hint of democracy here and there (voting for your representitives on a provincial level for example).

Of course, like most Iranians I want a secular federal system. More importantly I want the right to change my religion (so does the vast majority of my family).

I've met alot of Iranians in the UAE Shia's, they were pretty moderate just wanted Iran to have less religion in state affairs, however the Iranians i've met in the USA were atheists or wannabe zoroastrian, also most I've met think there white when they look as brown as a Pakistani or Arab some dark as indians. Iranians I've met in Gulf states and Iran seem pretty ok with Arabs, however the ones in the USA are a different story.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

mousavi doesn't want a secular democracy. He simply wanted to practice the right that the majority of Iranians gave to him (presidency of Iran). He is a lot more liberal than Nejad but he still represents the current regime. He served as Iran's PM under Khomaini's rule. Iran's political system is a theocratic dictatorship with a hint of democracy here and there (voting for your representitives on a provincial level for example).

Of course, like most Iranians I want a secular federal system. More importantly I want the right to change my religion (so does the vast majority of my family).

If you live in Canada why can't you change your religion ? you have family in Iran ?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Are you in favor of restoring the Shah ? lol I've heard Pahlavi son wanting to overthrow the mullahs so he could restore the Shah.

Religion is a belief, so you if what you're seeking is religious rights, then I can understand. Anyways how can you blame Arabs for taking over Iran, when the Persian Empire did the same to most of the middle east/central asia/ south east asia? Your Persian Empire was not strong enough to resist, so that makes Iranians today, hate Arabs?

Anyways, I'm not trying to flame, it's just that I'm sure you can even see the hypocrisy in this.

I've met alot of Iranians in the UAE Shia's, they were pretty moderate just wanted Iran to have less religion in state affairs, however the Iranians i've met in the USA were atheists or wannabe zoroastrian, also most I've met think there white when they look as brown as a Pakistani or Arab some dark as indians. Iranians I've met in Gulf states and Iran seem pretty ok with Arabs, however the ones in the USA are a different story.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

If you live in Canada why can't you change your religion ? you have family in Iran ?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Are you in favor of restoring the Shah ? lol I've heard Pahlavi son wanting to overthrow the mullahs so he could restore the Shah.

Im a citizen of Iran. I don't want to be considered a muslim as I don't believe in Islam, simple.

Nobody wants a return of the monarchy. That would be idiotic. Even the pro shah Iranians don't want that. Heck, even the son of the ousted shah doesn't want that. They all want to have the monarchy serve a symbolic role in Iran (same as many Euro countries) and I am pretty much in favor. For 2500 years we had a monarchy and I like to have them serve a symbolic role in Iran (like the system you see in GB, Canada etc...).

Religion is a belief, so you if what you're seeking is religious rights, then I can understand. Anyways how can you blame Arabs for taking over Iran, when the Persian Empire did the same to most of the middle east/central asia/ south east asia? Your Persian Empire was not strong enough to resist, so that makes Iranians today, hate Arabs?

Anyways, I'm not trying to flame, it's just that I'm sure you can even see the hypocrisy in this.
religion is a belief and I don't believe in Islam. Why should I be called one? Same with my family.

Who's blaming arabs? I clearly explained that the hate is a form of resistance against "arabic culture." And Iranian kings never forced Zoroastrianism on their subjects (except the Sassanids). What does hypocracy have anything to do with anything I said? Did I blame the arabs for trying to exert influence on Iran at the time? I simply explained why Iranians don't like arabs.

And don't forget that the hate is completely mutual.

religion is a belief and I don't believe in Islam. Why should I be called one? Same with my family.

Who's blaming arabs? I clearly explained that the hate is a form of resistance against "arabic culture." And Iranian kings never forced Zoroastrianism on their subjects (except the Sassanids). What does hypocracy have anything to do with anything I said? Did I blame the arabs for trying to exert influence on Iran at the time? I simply explained why Iranians don't like arabs.

And don't forget that the hate is completely mutual.

So the Persians never forced their culture on anyone?

Also I think the Mongols crippled your civilization worse than the Arabs possibly could have.

Im a citizen of Iran. I don't want to be considered a muslim as I don't believe in Islam, simple.

Nobody wants a return of the monarchy. That would be idiotic. Even the pro shah Iranians don't want that. Heck, even the son of the ousted shah doesn't want that. They all want to have the monarchy serve a symbolic role in Iran (same as many Euro countries) and I am pretty much in favor. For 2500 years we had a monarchy and I like to have them serve a symbolic role in Iran (like the system you see in GB, Canada etc...).

Ok I respect your beliefs ''I simply explained why Iranians don't like arabs. And don't forget that the hate is completely mutual.''
fair enough I understand where this comes from, It's best to move on, almost every civilization has done this attacked one another , if Iranians done like Arabs I'm fine with that noting to lose.

Ok I respect your beliefs ''I simply explained why Iranians don't like arabs. And don't forget that the hate is completely mutual.''
fair enough I understand where this comes from, It's best to move on, almost every civilization has done this attacked one another , if Iranians done like Arabs I'm fine with that noting to lose.

btw, forgot to mention.
When we Iranians talk about arabs we always mean Persian Gulf Arabs not Iraqis, Lebanese, Syrians etc...

btw, forgot to mention.
When we Iranians talk about arabs we always mean Persian Gulf Arabs not Iraqis, Lebanese, Syrians etc...

Should have been more clearer sir, I got many Iranian friends Muslim, Christians etc etc your comments did offend me when you said Iranians don't like arabs, thanks for clarifying that up, however I don't think Gulf Arabs are bad I disagree with the leaders, I like the people, anyway Long live the Iran-Arab Friendship.

btw, forgot to mention.

Oh so it was just us....okay lol.

I guess me being of the tribe affiliated with the one who conquered Persia will not settle with you well then huh?

Back
Top Bottom