What's new

Saudi Arabia ‘Vision 2025’: Soaring ambitions

islamic countries like iran, pakistan and SA should look to support each other in matters of economy.

iranian/saudi arabian rivalry is very bad for islamic world.

look at it this way, the more we invest and help each other the stronger our unity, understanding and bonds become - and since we will have a vested interest in one anothers future the harder it comes form the wess to attack us, because saudis should make no mistake, once the oil runs out there will be humanitarian wars in your country like libya!!!

the shia/sunni split is the single worst fault line in the islamic world, both sides need to recognise the similarities instead of TINY differences, else they will take themselves and everyone else down with them, wake up!!

Well done SA, you guys will be the best and leading muslim nation by 2025.

They should be head of muslim block with the wealth and knowledge they have.

Iran would had easily had one the best economies on this planet, along with one the best military if the shah was still around, but the argument the mullas show is that iran now is very self sufficient and detached from the west while the shah was the opposite. iran always has a bright future regardless of our leaders..our people are great and smart.

I joined an Iranian defense forum some time ago thought about doing my part and bridging the gap between us maybe I offered them a hand in friendship in return I was called a "lizard" "an Arab" which i found later is an insult "mud house dweller" "camel fuccker" among many more extremely racist insults that I could not go on anymore " also being banned on the stupidest of things" so instead I joined here.

I used to have no problem with Iranians and I still don't but that is an experience that will be hard to forget. I am sorry if this seems out of place but just something I wanted to say.

Indeed I was a hater of SA, however the Country is noting like what I heard, Saudi's started Industrialization in 1996 so they have come a good way, Mosa what would have happened if Faisal Lived longer and Fahad didn't come to power ?

Indeed I was a hater of SA, however the Country is noting like what I heard, Saudi's started Industrialization in 1996 so they have come a good way, Mosa what would have happened if Faisal Lived longer and Fahad didn't come to power ?

The same thing that is happening NOW....only it would have happened much sooner.

Indeed Saudi will greatly benefit from Solar Energy, Syria as well we have alot of Sun, Solar, Wind, and Nuclear are the Future for the middle east.

Under the baath party Syria got stronger, however our economy was fvcked, hafez carried alot of reform and it helped in the society however the Economy is one of the Major problems in Syria, if Syria had a stronger Economy we could produce alot of good Scientists, Engineers, build our Own Fighters, Warships, Tanks...... Only thing prevented Syria's Greatness was the Economy.

Mosa, I compared your country to IRan because I wanted to show you that you're not even beating a country that is under 4 rounds of UN sanctions, has been under these sanction for 32 years and exports 1/4 of the oil that you export. To succeed you must be realistic. Why are you talking about beating Western European economies when you can't even beat Iran's economy?

Here's the graph again
iranvsksa.png

btw, Iran is part of the "next 11" while SA is not. I really don't understand where your chest beating is coming from.
"The Next Eleven (or N-11) are eleven countries—Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, and Vietnam—identified by Goldman Sachs investment bank as having a high potential of becoming, along with the BRICS, the world's largest economies in the 21st century. The bank chose these states, all with promising outlooks for investment and future growth, on December 12, 2005."

Next Eleven countries
Developed country

South Korea: Advanced economy (both CIA and IMF), High-income economy,[2] Very High human development, High-income OECD member, Developed market (in: Dow Jones index, FTSE index, and S&P index),[3] Full democracy, Development Assistance Committee member, G-20 major economies, Four Asian Tigers, KORUS FTA, European Union-Korea FTA, Visa Waiver Program participant, APEC founding member, ASEAN Plus Three founding member, EAS founding member

Newly industrialized country

Iran: Upper-middle-income economy[4], High human development, Islamic Republic, OPEC and GECF founding member, ECO member, Group of 15 member, Developing 8 Countries

Mexico: Upper-middle-income economy,[2] High human development, OECD member, Advanced Emerging market,[5] Flawed democracy, G-20 major economies, G8+5 member, NAFTA, APEC member

Turkey: Upper-middle-income economy,[2] High human development, OECD founding member, Advanced Emerging market,[5] Hybrid regime, G-20 major economies, EU Customs Union, ECO member, EU associate member

Philippines: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Flawed democracy, G20 developing nations, APEC founding member, ASEAN founding member, EAS founding member

Developing country

Egypt: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Regime in transition, G20 developing nations, CAEU founding member, COMESA member, ENP member

Indonesia: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Flawed democracy, G-20 major economies, APEC founding member, ASEAN founding member, EAS founding member

Nigeria: Low-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Frontier market,[6] Flawed Democracy, AU member, OPEC member

Vietnam: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Frontier market,[6] Authoritarian regime, APEC member, ASEAN member, EAS founding member

Pakistan: Low middle income economy[7] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Hybrid Regime, G20 developing nations, SAARC founding member, ECO member, Developing 8 Countries.

Least developed country

Bangladesh: Low-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Frontier market,[6] Flawed Democracy, SAARC founding member, Developing 8 Countries

Iran is a model of how it is self sufficient even with Sanctions, the Iranian economy is doing good even with Sanctions, Syria if it had a better economy, then would could produce great scientists, thinkers, etc etc, I salute both Iran and SA.

Mosa, I compared your country to IRan because I wanted to show you that you're not even beating a country that is under 4 rounds of UN sanctions, has been under these sanction for 32 years and exports 1/4 of the oil that you export. To succeed you must be realistic. Why are you talking about beating Western European economies when you can't even beat Iran's economy?

Here's the graph again
iranvsksa.png

Look at the lnk I provided and then come again.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

btw, Iran is part of the "next 11" while SA is not. I really don't understand where your chest beating is coming from.
"The Next Eleven (or N-11) are eleven countries—Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Turkey, and Vietnam—identified by Goldman Sachs investment bank as having a high potential of becoming, along with the BRICS, the world's largest economies in the 21st century. The bank chose these states, all with promising outlooks for investment and future growth, on December 12, 2005."

Next Eleven countries
Developed country

South Korea: Advanced economy (both CIA and IMF), High-income economy,[2] Very High human development, High-income OECD member, Developed market (in: Dow Jones index, FTSE index, and S&P index),[3] Full democracy, Development Assistance Committee member, G-20 major economies, Four Asian Tigers, KORUS FTA, European Union-Korea FTA, Visa Waiver Program participant, APEC founding member, ASEAN Plus Three founding member, EAS founding member

Newly industrialized country

Iran: Upper-middle-income economy[4], High human development, Islamic Republic, OPEC and GECF founding member, ECO member, Group of 15 member, Developing 8 Countries

Mexico: Upper-middle-income economy,[2] High human development, OECD member, Advanced Emerging market,[5] Flawed democracy, G-20 major economies, G8+5 member, NAFTA, APEC member

Turkey: Upper-middle-income economy,[2] High human development, OECD founding member, Advanced Emerging market,[5] Hybrid regime, G-20 major economies, EU Customs Union, ECO member, EU associate member

Philippines: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Flawed democracy, G20 developing nations, APEC founding member, ASEAN founding member, EAS founding member

Developing country

Egypt: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Regime in transition, G20 developing nations, CAEU founding member, COMESA member, ENP member

Indonesia: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Flawed democracy, G-20 major economies, APEC founding member, ASEAN founding member, EAS founding member

Nigeria: Low-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Frontier market,[6] Flawed Democracy, AU member, OPEC member

Vietnam: Lower-middle-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Frontier market,[6] Authoritarian regime, APEC member, ASEAN member, EAS founding member

Pakistan: Low middle income economy[7] Medium human development, Secondary Emerging market,[5] Hybrid Regime, G20 developing nations, SAARC founding member, ECO member, Developing 8 Countries.

Least developed country

Bangladesh: Low-income economy,[2] Medium human development, Frontier market,[6] Flawed Democracy, SAARC founding member, Developing 8 Countries

Many things changed since 2005.....

Yes Iran is doing Great, if the USA trys to invade Iran I will go iran and defend it, Only thing I ask for is Iranian women not to much is it ? :enjoy:

Look at the lnk I provided and then come again.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Many things changed since 2005.....
you're now grasping at straws.
Nothing has changed since 2005. Look at that chart again. From 2005-2009 Iran had a higher growth than SA so what changed? Goldman Sach's original report regarding the BRICs back in early 2000 talks a lot about the future and it gives a ton of different lists, KSA is in none of them (top 25).

Again, get back down to earth. Beat Iran first then think about beating Western Euro countries. I have said this many times, the industrial capacity of KSA is the same as Chad. The proof is in the fact that even with 4 times the oil exports, you can't beat sanction hit Iran. Some people say that the mullahs love to talk but I would argue that the Saudi monarchy has a bigger and better propeganda machine.

Back
Top Bottom