What's new

Saudi Arabia has started building the world’s biggest botanical gardens

Continuing with part 3 of those 25 photos in total. See post 74 and 75 for more information.

19080ae-18973it-24.jpg

19282uk-26.jpg

19082ae-18976it-27.jpg

19083ae-18977it-28.jpg

19084ae-18978it-29.jpg

http://www.paghera.com/uk/macro-proj...ens-riyadh.asp

http://www.paghera.com/uk/summer-201...ens-riyadh.asp

19271uk-03.jpg

Another vanity project for the Saudis.

Sometimes I wonder these projects which are designed to change the landscape of Saudi Arabia from a dry desert region into a much more greener lush region aka Europe is a tacit acknowledgement that the West is better and its better to modify Saudi Arabia to geographically look like the West.

Another vanity project for the Saudis.

Sometimes I wonder these projects which are designed to change the landscape of Saudi Arabia from a dry desert region into a much more greener lush region aka Europe is a tacit acknowledgement that the West is better and its better to modify Saudi Arabia to geographically look like the West.

:lol:

What are you talking about? KSA has mountains in the abundance (almost half of the country), tropical areas, forests, largest palm groves in the world, valleys, volcanic areas, beautiful deserts (sandy, rocky, highlands), ancient cities and villages and modern cities and towns and some of the best coastlines in the entire world which are several thousand km long.

Exploring Saudi Arabia's marine wonderland

This is a botanical garden with local wildlife and plant life. What the hell has this to do with trying to change the landscape of Riyadh and nearby areas who are nice as they are? (deserts, steppe, valleys, highlands etc.)?

Riyadh has such "botanical" gardens the size of certain regions in Europe naturally each year out in the open around Riyadh…

Riyadh Desert Saudi KSA Spring
by Life-Style, on Flickr

by Life-Style, on Flickr

Is Europe trying to recreate tropical areas like parts of KSA, Africa etc. when they built zoos and botanical gardens? Or is Europe trying to copy our tropical Red Sea coastlines/sea when they built aquariums with sharks etc.?:rofl:

161684001.jpg

List of Red Sea sharks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arabs have built botanical gardens since time immortal. It's part of our culture to built such things in open spaces. Ever seen what legacy and kind of World UNESCO Heritage Sites that we left in Spain, Portugal (Al-Andalus) and Southern Italy?

Poor trolling attempt. Really poor, bro and what a strange post to write.

Did you even bother to read this thread? Or what this botanical garden means?

Last edited:
:lol:

What are you talking about? KSA has mountains in the abundance (almost half of the country), tropical areas, forests, largest palm groves in the world, valleys, volcanic areas, beautiful deserts (sandy, rocky, highlands), ancient cities and villages and modern cities and towns and some of the best coastlines in the entire world which are several thousand km long.

Exploring Saudi Arabia's marine wonderland

This is a botanical garden with local wildlife and plant life. What the hell has this to do with trying to change the landscape of Riyadh and nearby areas who are nice as they are? (deserts, steppe, valleys, mountains etc.)?

Riyadh has such "botanical" gardens the size of certain regions in Europe naturally each year out in the open around Riyadh…

by Life-Style, on Flickr

by Life-Style, on Flickr

Is Europe trying to recreate tropical areas like parts of KSA, Africa etc. when they built zoos and botanical gardens? Or is Europe trying to copy our tropical Red Sea coastlines/sea when they built aquariums with sharks etc.?:rofl:

161684001.jpg

List of Red Sea sharks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arabs have built botanical gardens since time immortal. It's part of our culture to built such things in open spaces. Ever seen what legacy and kind of World UNESCO Heritage Sites that we left in Spain, Portugal (Al-Andalus) and Southern Italy?

Poor trolling attempt. Really poor, bro and what a strange post to write.

Did you even bother to read this thread? Or what this botanical garden means?

What are you talking about?

I have lived in Saudi Arabia.

Except for the Southern mountaineos region of Al-Abha rest of Saudi Arabia is just desert.

There is the Rub-Al-Khail which is the Empty Quater, which is all desert.

Love how you ignored all my facts when I exposed your idiotic post with FACTS. I was even so friendly to visualize some of them.

Great, the Rub' al-Khali forms the Southeastern part of KSA and almost nobody lives there and it is never included although it is quite a unique and beautiful environment that have attracted world famous natural photographers from across the world since it became known to the world.

Sand Dunes, Rub al Khali

The Sand Dunes of Rub al Khali | Amusing Planet

Post 410 in this thread below;

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 28

@Mosamania

@WebMaster @Horus @Chak Bamu @Oscar @Jungibaaz @Fulcrum15 @Emmie @Manticore @jaibi

Please deal with off-topic/idiotic posts/trolling.

Don't get me involved in these kind of conversations please.

for me it is idotic..

I would build solar plants as many as I could do.. now that SA is exporting Oil it could also export power..

different kind of solar plants ... wind energy and so on.. the more they have the more they can do and sell :D

with too much produced power I would build farms to get normal water from seawater..

this water is essential, they will need it.. the more water produced the better it is.. you could also plant everything you want to..

and than make gardens as much as you like :D

that would be my plan but hey.. its not my money they dont have my mentality.. :D

for me it is idotic..

I would build solar plants as many as I could do.. now that SA is exporting Oil it could also export power..

different kind of solar plants ... wind energy and so on.. the more they have the more they can do and sell :D

with too much produced power I would build farms to get normal water from seawater..

this water is essential, they will need it.. the more water produced the better it is.. you could also plant everything you want to..

that would be my plan but hey.. its not my money they dont have my mentality.. :D

Saudi Arabia building this Botanical Garden would be like Alaska building a Tropical Beach Resort.

A pure vanity project.

But heck, its not my money...let the Saudis waste it.

for me it is idotic..

KSA exports dozens of things from natural resources, minerals to food (meat, vegetables, fruits etc.).

KSA has started some of the world's biggest solar projects but as this industry is still at its relative infancy there is no major news yet. You forgot wind energy too.

KSA is home to over 1 million farms. Farms are not lacking. In fact nobody is interested in traditional agriculture anymore hence traditions such as rice production in the Eastern Province is now a dying breed.

KSA has still plenty of underwater resources and has some of the world's biggest destanilation plants in the world.

So nothing that you told is revolutionary with all due respect.

Lastly it seems to me that you are not aware of what this project is about. It's an indoor botanical garden that will work all year long. In and around Riyadh such botanical gardens cannot survive the summer months unless taken really good care of and no private person is interested in taking care of a botanical garden that is several million m² big. Hence this EXCELLENT project.

"Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs Prince Mansour Bin Miteb will perform the ceremony on Thursday at the site, which will be 2.5m square metres in size and will be one of the largest environment projects in the world, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported."

This project will earn itself in and money is not a problem.

What are you talking about?

I have lived in Saudi Arabia.

Except for the Southern mountaineos region of Al-Abha rest of Saudi Arabia is just desert.

There is the Rub-Al-Khail which is the Empty Quater, which is all desert.

Its called Abha not Al-Abha.:lol:

Its called Abha not Al-Abha.:lol:

This guy is completely clueless from past discussions. So don't bother and don't expect miracles as we say.:lol:

Now I am not surprised when I hear about migrants that have lived their entire life in KSA and despite that are yet not able to speak Arabic and yet to venture out of the city they were born in (Riyadh for instance) or region and now they are suddenly more experts then the locals and "able" to dispute facts put forward to them. Such people should be deported IMO or return to their country of origin. It is very good that they are unable to become citizens.

Amusing really.

Anyway let's return to the topic and just report off-topic posts/idiotic posts.

Last edited:
for me it is idotic..

@Mercenary go google "Saudi Solar" and then come back to me.

Back
Top Bottom