What's new

SAMI, Spain's Navantia Plan Combat Management Systems Venture

You should not be talking. According to SIPRI's top 100 arms companies which I doubt you what that is. Aselsan is one of only two Turkish companies on the list and is a measly 61th in the world in terms of export revenue and the company on the list under even some fairly unknown companies so nothing to brag about there is there saying that Aselsan is 44 years old? SAMI has a good CEO who has experience doing his job and although 10 is a bit of a long shot they will surely get up in the ranks seeing that in two years many technologies have been imported and localized since the two years its been around.

About Altay, even if its not exactly licensed production it is still based 90% off of the K2 Black Panther in the same way as the F-2 is based off of the F-16 but not exactly the same. You making fun of his country is unintelligent as you and I both know who caused the failing of Iraq in the 2 decades since the Gulf war. America plain and simple but give it the time it will develop.

Nobody mentioned iraq, nobody really. Ther is no licence production of the Altay, Korean work was technical support and ther is nothing from the K2 used. A different tank, even better then the K2. The part what we are moking is a dumb statement and we are laughing at that. Of course ther should be a target, working on that target. Top 10 companies in 10 years, Aselsan have 44 years experiences and still not top10 like you wrote. We are talking the facts and not mocking about Arabs. You can read it from begin to end, i and other Turkish member never mentioned something about Arab or Iraq. Like that camelguy is looking for people to frustate.

SAMI CEO has said many times that KSA is aiming overall to be among the top 25 arms manufacturing companies in the world by 2030..the context here is Naval technologies.. so aiming to be in the tenth position is quite sound since there are not that many countries on the global scene with top Naval technologies..
You are right about that but I was thinking land, or air systems.

Nobody mentioned iraq, nobody really. Ther is no licence production of the Altay, Korean work was technical support and ther is nothing from the K2 used. A different tank, even better then the K2. The part what we are moking is a dumb statement and we are laughing at that. Of course ther should be a target, working on that target. Top 10 companies in 10 years, Aselsan have 44 years experiences and still not top10 like you wrote. We are talking the facts and not mocking about Arabs. You can read it from begin to end, i and other Turkish member never mentioned something about Arab or Iraq. Like that camelguy is looking for people to frustate.
You don't think saying "Coming from a country with no arms industry" is not talking about Iraq? The UK certainty has a robust arms industry so you can't be talking about them. Excuse me for jumping to obvious conclusions.

You are right about that but I was thinking land, or air systems.

You don't think saying "Coming from a country with no arms industry" is not talking about Iraq? The UK certainty has a robust arms industry so you can't be talking about them. Excuse me for jumping to obvious conclusions.
Well, Turkey has a good arms industry, it is at 65% self sufficiency.. but the guys here have some false pride or a complex when it comes to Arabs..and even Chinese.. but they become very modest when you talk about the US or the EU or even Russia..:lol:

@damm1t @Oublious Do you think such behavior will be acceptable in TR section? will you agree if someone behaved like that?

Oh come ooon I just asked a simple question. Why you guys overdramatising the situation? Did that guy even looked at the Top10 defence companies list once in his life? I will be honest, being in top 10 defence company list in just 10 years even if you buy some ToTs ( Note that no one will sell strategic ones ) is simply impossible with a immature defenfe industry. This not like opening a bakery. You got the point? Believing this and posting here is just laughable. No offence.

but they become very modest when you talk about the US or the EU or even Russia..:lol:

They have well-proven defence industry. Eveybody should now their place buddy. We are behind Usa, Russia, China and some European countries at most of the fields but advancing really fast. Can one of our companies be at top 10 one day? Unlikely. But Top25 is possible in some decades.

@waz @The Eagle Any news for a Regional Mod for the ME section? or is it the same as 2 years ago and as Last year?
Everyone got theirs... so... yeah...

I asked a while back, so waiting for movement. God help the guy who gets it lmao!

By the way this thread is about the Saudi joint venture with the Spanish firm. I will delete anymore off-topic stuff.

Well, Turkey has a good arms industry, it is at 65% self sufficiency.. but the guys here have some false pride or a complex when it comes to Arabs..and even Chinese.. but they become very modest when you talk about the US or the EU or even Russia..:lol:
ive noticed that too, whats up with that

IDEX-2019
Fincantieri is looking to increase its ties with the UAE and the wider region. Victor Besa / The National

s.jpg

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom