SAMI, Spain's Navantia Plan Combat Management Systems Venture

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Monday, 18 February, 2019 - 10:30
download.jpg

A general view of the Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI) exhibit is seen during the International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates February 17, 2019. REUTERS/Christopher Pike
Abu Dhabi- Asharq Al-Awsat

State-owned Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI) signed an agreement on Monday with Spanish state-held shipbuilder Navantia to set up a joint venture to provide combat systems, the new partnership’s chief executive said on Monday.

The SANNI venture, the name of which stands for SAMI Navantia Naval Industries, will integrate and adapt Navantia’s combat management systems for Saudi navy corvette ships, said Antonio Barberan at the IDEX military exhibition in Abu Dhabi.

SAMI owns 51 percent of SANNI, with Navantia holding the remaining 49 percent.

In November SAMI and Navantia signed an agreement to jointly manufacture five corvettes for the Saudi navy.

SAMI Chief Executive Andreas Schwer told Reuters on Monday that the group aims to generate $10 billion in revenue over the next five years.

SAMI, owned by the Public Investment Fund, wants exports to account for 30 percent of its revenue by 2030.

The company, established in May 2017, seeks to localize 50 percent of military spending by 2030 as part of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s plan to diversify the kingdom’s economy away from oil revenue.

“By 2030 SAMI will be more than just a regional player. We will be a truly global player, to be among the top 10 companies,” Schwer said. “We won’t serve only the domestic market. We will generate 30 percent of revenues from export markets by 2030.”

He said Saudi Arabia has a $70 billion annual defense budget plus a $30 billion security-related budget from other ministries.

Schwer said SAMI had signed 19 joint venture deals with companies from Western Europe, the United States, Asia, and South Africa since 2018 and planned to sign 25 to 30 more in the next five years.

SAMI also planned to build a company in the kingdom as part of a joint venture with Abu Dhabi state investor Mubadala to build aircraft components for commercial and military uses. A foreign partner could join the venture.

“We are looking to acquire other existing assets as a technology provider,” Schwer said.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/art...vantia-plan-combat-management-systems-venture

“By 2030 SAMI will be more than just a regional player. We will be a truly global player, to be among the top 10 companies,”

So whats your project roadmap to put your defence company in global top10 just in 10 years? If there is one.

:double facepalm: :Laughoutofyourass: :feelpityforthosewhobelievethisshit:

Yea since I have seen your post. And your answer to my question is ?
Top secret and none of your business..
If you are not following events and can't understand what is going on.. just refrain from asking.. you can start by educating yourself about the Saudi Vision 2030 subject..

Shortly you have no road map :D

Can´t you see it, ther secret road map is 350 billion dollar over 10 years buying wit so called ToT from amreeka, thatd why they are talking about 2030 vision.

Can´t you see it, ther secret road map is 350 billion dollar over 10 years buying wit so called ToT from amreeka, thatd why they are talking about 2030 vision.
What with you 2 hating on Arabs, Turkey is buying technology everywhere. The T-129 is Italian, the Altay tank is Korean. But I don't give a **** so I don't bash you for it, you get it?

Do you want to be like Iranians and Kurds (both are Iranians to start with) with their inferiority complex trying to hate Arabs all day. I don't see Arabs talking or thinking about you that much, the obsession is one way.

What with you 2 hating on Arabs, Turkey is buying technology everywhere. The T-129 is Italian, the Altay tank is Korean. But I don't give a **** so I don't bash you for it, you get it?

Do you want to be like Iranians and Kurds (both are Iranians to start with) with their inferiority complex trying to hate Arabs all day. I don't see Arabs talking or thinking about you that much, the obsession is one way.

Most of Arabs don't have idea in the forum, most of you are her for politics not for the defence tech. So i am going to ask you, what is korean on the altay and italian on the t129:-)?

Turkey is not rich and dumb to be milked out.

Most of Arabs don't have idea in the forum, most of you are her for politics not for the defence tech. So i am going to ask you, what is korean on the altay and italian on the t129:-)?

Turkey is not rich and dumb to be milked out.

Most on this forum are just interested in military stuff with wikipedia information.

Altay is a licensed K-2 production and the T-129 is actually the A-129 (Italian). Even a monkey could see that and it's not my job to tell you in depth what specific links there are neither do I care to even find out.

Turkey is not dumb? Since when can can a country be dumb or smart, never seen any bright posts from you. You need Arabization together with all those other villager Turks in the Netherlands.

Most on this forum are just interested in military stuff with wikipedia information.

Altay is a licensed K-2 production and the T-129 is actually the A-129 (Italian). Even a monkey could see that and it's not my job to tell you in depth what specific links there are neither do I care to even find out.

Turkey is not dumb? Since when can can a country be dumb or smart, never seen any bright posts from you. You need Arabization together with all those other villager Turks in the Netherlands.

You should try to prove that Altay is a licence production other whise you will stay always a Arab like that. Like i wrote before you are not her for the defence tech but for miserable Arab politics. You are like a jew, complaining to a wailing wall.

We are her laughing at the article and not Arabs, that is what you make. If you make out that you will in the top 10 weapon companies in 10 years with no single cleu. Big statement for a country with out no industry. Nobody have wrote about Arab but you make the subject, you are the one with obsession or you have inferiority complex.

“By 2030 SAMI will be more than just a regional player. We will be a truly global player, to be among the top 10 companies,” Schwer said. “We won’t serve only the domestic market. We will generate 30 percent of revenues from export markets by 2030.”

You should try to prove that Altay is a licence production other whise you will stay always a Arab like that. Like i wrote before you are not her for the defence tech but for miserable Arab politics. You are like a jew, complaining to a wailing wall.

We are her laughing at the article and not Arabs, that is what you make. If you make out that you will in the top 10 weapon companies in 10 years with no single cleu. Big statement for a country with out no industry. Nobody have wrote about Arab but you make the subject, you are the one with obsession or you have inferiority complex.

You should not be talking. According to SIPRI's top 100 arms companies which I doubt you what that is. Aselsan is one of only two Turkish companies on the list and is a measly 61th in the world in terms of export revenue and the company on the list under even some fairly unknown companies so nothing to brag about there is there saying that Aselsan is 44 years old? SAMI has a good CEO who has experience doing his job and although 10 is a bit of a long shot they will surely get up in the ranks seeing that in two years many technologies have been imported and localized since the two years its been around.

About Altay, even if its not exactly licensed production it is still based 90% off of the K2 Black Panther in the same way as the F-2 is based off of the F-16 but not exactly the same. You making fun of his country is unintelligent as you and I both know who caused the failing of Iraq in the 2 decades since the Gulf war. America plain and simple but give it the time it will develop.

@damm1t @Oublious Do you think such behavior will be acceptable in TR section? will you agree if someone behaved like that?

@waz @The Eagle Any news for a Regional Mod for the ME section? or is it the same as 2 years ago and as Last year?
Everyone got theirs... so... yeah...

You should not be talking. According to SIPRI's top 100 arms companies which I doubt you what that is. Aselsan is one of only two Turkish companies on the list and is a measly 61th in the world in terms of export revenue and the company on the list under even some fairly unknown companies so nothing to brag about there is there saying that Aselsan is 44 years old? SAMI has a good CEO who has experience doing his job and although 10 is a bit of a long shot they will surely get up in the ranks seeing that in two years many technologies have been imported and localized since the two years its been around.

About Altay, even if its not exactly licensed production it is still based 90% off of the K2 Black Panther in the same way as the F-2 is based off of the F-16 but not exactly the same. You making fun of his country is unintelligent as you and I both know who caused the failing of Iraq in the 2 decades since the Gulf war. America plain and simple but give it the time it will develop.
SAMI CEO has said many times that SAMI is aiming overall to be among the top 25 arms manufacturing companies in the world by 2030..the context here is Naval technologies.. so aiming to be in the tenth position is quite sound since there are not that many countries on the global scene with top Naval technologies..

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom