What's new

Salman Rushdie takes on Imran Khan over 'immeasurable hurt'

nop it wasnt anything near to a slap...

if you do the maths...
you will know how many nonmuslims were kulled by muslims...and how many muslims were killed and still being killed by non muslims...
there is no comparison......
What does this comparison has to do with what I was talking about?

Let me repeat,
We all should criticize terrorists rather than jumping to hate a guy who writer fictional stuff. That's what Mr Rashadie is saying my friend.

Agreed so due his opinions hence the entire nation of pakistan and members here detest rushdie....

You misunderstand. We do not detest Rushdie. Instead, we have utter contempt for a man who is entirely predictable and unoriginal, an attention seeker, like a circus animal who will do what people want so he can get his reward.

I don't know when Imran Khan developed such a liking for Islam & Muslims, which he is showing now in Pakistan, considering the playboy he was.

Imran Khan has never denied his past, and has never claimed to be a saint. His position, a principled one, is that OUR citizens deserve due process instead of just being droned to death -- yes, even the bearded or burqa'd citizens deserve due process.

Thank God he is speaking out because, otherwise, the cause of Pakistani citizens' rights would be hijacked by religious extremists. The other, pseudo-secular, extremists like Paracha and Hoodbhoy, supplicating for a Western pat on the head, would gladly slaughter their own compatriots just for daring to have a beard or to wear a headscarf.

You misunderstand. We do not detest Rushdie. Instead, we have utter contempt for a man who is entirely predictable and unoriginal, an attention seeker, like a circus animal who will do what people want so he can get his reward.
Well this can be applied to Mr Khan instead. he wants to win the election, so he got to do some stunts. Now come on, you do understand it. Nothing works better than religious agenda in Pak. And Mr Khan is aware of that. This was an amazing opportunity for him and he used very rightly as you guys seem to be falling for it.

I don't know when Imran Khan developed such a liking for Islam & Muslims, which he is showing now in Pakistan, considering the playboy he was. So I agree with Salman Rushdie a bit. I have no problems with Imran Khan or what he believes in, but I hate double faced & hypocritical people.

Bilal as you rightly identified hipocracy this is quiet a routine on our end Imran had all the fun he enjoyed women and boozing when young , now he is old and no longer interested he therefore wishes to talk to Taliban and extremists as he is ok with their idealogy it doesnt affect him or his family.

Imran Khan has been quite consistent with his Pro-Muslims and Pro-Pakistani stance for the past 10 years now.

I don't know how pro-Pakistan he is, maybe he is better than the PML-N & PPP people, but he is the kind of person that just goes with the "flow". His going to the enclave would not cause Muslims immeasurable hurt. He is quite simply toying with the emotions of the Pakistani people for cheap attention. It is a good publicity stunt, because he is trying to present himself as a good Muslim acceptable to all.

it is my first time i'm writing about Rushdie...have heard so much about him so went ahead & sow some youtube video's on net specially when he compares india & pakistan...man what a guy?????????

actually he is doing what all so called intelectual's want to show the world ...that is they are so above from the normal people's understanding of liberty , justice & relegion....man i get confused when i read or hear such stuff...in short he is saying what his master's want to hear ...just look at the audiance reation in that video??????

but ye rushdie larkion ke mamle me bara lucky hai ....pehle pdma ..ab koi aur hai shayad.....

@boris

You get fun when you see other people dying in the hands of other people ... Dohh

Such a retard and mentally unstable you are

Look at Turkey, The Satanic Verses is not even banned there, does it make them any less of a Muslim? I mean its just a fictional novel, critique it, debate about it, and get over it:cheesy:

This was just Imran Khan playing to the radical Islamist votebank.
Banning books in this age of internet is lolzzz
you could get all the info on internet in the form of e-books

He is an Indian he is just a face, it is fanatic RAW which has always been behind such regular evils coming out of Indians against minorities.

Where is Christian is being killed extrajudicialy in India for eating beef!

RAW is desperate to save regime of Asif Ali Zardari, by hook or crook.

Iranians can attack Israeli people in India and Saudi ambassadors in Pakistan, Bangladesh & US but failed in case of Rushdee!

Go fool your self!

batman you are PDF's very own Zaid hamid .. lol

I see another version of Robert Bales in the making :lol:

@Topic: I really do not approve having a bounty placed on Rushdie's head by those bigoted Iranian mullahs. I don't know, not much of an opinion about him.

I mean, I've read The Satanic Verses myself. It was boring like hell. The man's a weird attention seeker if you ask me.
How did you go beyond first few pages? I dont believe you. :)
I have read Taslima's translated Lajja, she is much more reader friendly.( I mean whoever translated)

He is an Indian he is just a face, it is fanatic RAW which has always been behind such regular evils coming out of Indians against minorities.

I don't think RAW actually commands authors to write inflammatory material for trolling/flaming.

Where is Christian is being killed extrajudicialy in India for eating beef!

For eating beef? Really? :blink:

RAW is desperate to save regime of Asif Ali Zardari, by hook or crook.

Iranians can attack Israeli people in India and Saudi ambassadors in Pakistan, Bangladesh & US but failed in case of Rushdee!

Go fool your self!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

How did you go beyond first few pages? I dont believe you. :)
I have read Taslima's translated Lajja, she is much more reader friendly.( I mean whoever translated)

Don't know/don't care about Taslima.

I've read The Satanic Verses. It was boring. That's all. Although, I've heard Midnight Children was good.

I see another version of Robert Bales in the making :lol:

@Topic: I really do not approve having a bounty placed on Rushdie's head by those bigoted Iranian mullahs. I don't know, not much of an opinion about him.

I mean, I've read The Satanic Verses myself. It was boring like hell. The man's a weird attention seeker if you ask me.

Many other less famous Indian writers like Chetan Bhagat , MJ Akbar write good books and articles ..

Satanic verses was **** .. That book sold well only because of the criticism by Muslim clerics .
In fact that book hardly had anything anti Islam except few paragraphs

I don't think RAW actually commands authors to write inflammatory material for trolling/flaming.

For eating beef? Really? :blink:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Don't know/don't care about Taslima.

I've read The Satanic Verses. It was boring. That's all. Although, I've heard Midnight Children was good.

Lol. Seriously? Not even secretly read her books? I would be really curious if a big deal is made about a book.
Are you too ashamed to confess.

Many other less famous Indian writers like Chetan Bhagat , MJ Akbar write good books and articles ..

Satanic verses was **** .. That book sold well only because of the criticism by Muslim clerics .
In fact that book hardly had anything anti Islam except few paragraphs
I think very few of us can understand Rusdie or MF Hussain.
At least that is how I look at my inability of understanding their works.
If so many people are going ga ga about their literary works or paintings, there must be something good?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom