What's new

Salman Rushdie Knighted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muslims always belittle and say blasphemous things about other religions, heck even some members of this board do it on a daily basis.

Why is it OK for a muslims to insult and question other religions while other religions cant do the same to Islam?
I didnt see the Pope calling for Dan Brown's Head.
If you dont like it, dont read it. If at all Allah of muslims is the real god and rest of the 5.5 billion people in the world believe is horsecrap; then i am sure salman rushdie will be questioned by Allah; and the mortal muslims of the world dont have to defend allah's honour cuz he is fully capable of doing it himself.

I just want to know that is Pakistan the only Muslim nation left in the World as there is no strong word from any other Muslim country.
If the Muslim Nation unite , It can make them feel in Hell by making this decision.

Dear Pakistani,

Maybe the other muslim countries have saner leadership who would prefer solving problems of economic development, poverty, mal-nutrition etc in their countries then to give publicity to a person like Sir Salman ?

Regards

Calling Death to a fellow human being is not freedom of speech,
its called inciting murder.

So we do not have total freedom of speech,there are constraints like you have said it makes sense that you should not be allowed to use the excuse of freedom of speech to incite murder.
If now i start insulting your mother i know you will not like it and i will get a reaction but does that give me the right to insult.
Yeah there is freedom of speech but it is only a problem when it it involves muslims.
The west talk a good story but they themselfs have sent people to jail for writing books that they do not agree with one example that comes to mind is david irving who was sent to jail for three years for writing a book that claims that gas chambers did not exist during the second world war.
In europe if you say the holocaust did not happin or was such a big as the jews make out you can get sent to jail.

dabong a Pakistani MP justifying suicide bombing is not free speech, issueng fatwas are not free speech because they demands actions.

issueing to murder someone by sliting throat is not considered as a free speech because that kind of free speech goes against another sould fundamental rights whereeas the book he wrote is against a non-living entity aka religion.

So we do not have total freedom of speech,there are constraints like you have said it makes sense that you should not be allowed to use the excuse of freedom of speech to incite murder.
If now i start insulting your mother i know you will not like it and i will get a reaction but does that give me the right to insult.

You can insult my mother all you like,Wether it is a right or wrong is moral judgement not a legal one but if you incite murder, then yes you have a problem. . There is always that line one shouldnt cross.
The same rushdie has insulted hindu's in his book of 1977 grimes, which was far far more than Satanic verses. Learn to be civilized, is the answer for all this.

Yeah there is freedom of speech but it is only a problem when it it involves muslims.

Dont give me the victim card,

The west talk a good story but they themselfs have sent people to jail for writing books that they do not agree with one example that comes to mind is david irving who was sent to jail for three years for writing a book that claims that gas chambers did not exist during the second world war.
In europe if you say the holocaust did not happin or was such a big as the jews make out you can get sent to jail.

He shouldnt have been sent to jail. I agree. but the gas chambers does exist. German records prove the number of jews killed. 6 million is no laughing matter. But he shouldnt have been sent to jail. Atleast they didnt do a FATWA on him. Muslims need reform in my opinion. Look at Aushwitz for gas chambers.

Dear Dabong1,

With due respect to your opinion,

Where does it say in Islam that to incite murder / suicide bombings is right ? All my muslims friends say no. Are they wrong ?

Saying Holocaust did not happen can only be challenged in Germany and not in the EU. Do you have any evidence to the contrary ? Please post the link to it if you have it.

Lastly Dabong1 most of your tirades are against Indians and India which constitute 1/6 of the population of the world just like china but 2/3of the world irrespective of caste, creed, color and country (including China and India) want a better world where costs are less and quality of life is better. Religion(it should belong in the 4 walls of everyones houses) will always be secondary and I hope it remains like that.

Regards

dabong a Pakistani MP justifying suicide bombing is not free speech, issueng fatwas are not free speech because they demands actions.

issueing to murder someone by sliting throat is not considered as a free speech because that kind of free speech goes against another sould fundamental rights whereeas the book he wrote is against a non-living entity aka religion.

A person praising suicide bombings is exercising there freedom of speech
The problem is that rushdie knows fully well that to most muslims the prophet mohammed pbuh is as dear to them as there own mother and father.Once you realize that you will understand more why muslims are angry at him.
I do not think that it is right to call for his murder.
The same way i think if it is okay for rushdie to have the right to free speech then so do the holocaust deniers or do we go to the exreme like the dutch and have political party for pedofiles?
There are limits to free speech and the the muslims will not let the boundaries of free speech be dictated to them by non muslims.

Read my post again, No hes not because hes directing violence againt LIVING ENTITY IF YOU CONSIDER EARTH TO BE A INERTIAL FRAME OF REFERENCE.

The book didnt claimed life of peoples, that one need to justify things that has claimed thousands of lifes among the same community or otherwise.

The problem is that rushdie knows fully well that to most muslims the prophet mohammed pbuh is as dear to them as there own mother and father.Once you realize that you will understand more why muslims are angry at him.
So what? I repeat So what? Any amount of dearness doesnt gives another right to question another countries fundamental right.

Its absurd and practicing forceful authority.
Have you read the book?

Did common Christians took street on Dan browns book? and asked his throat to slit and burned the flag of the country which he resides?

Good, but the wrong has been done.

The same way i think if it is okay for rushdie to have the right to free speech then so do the holocaust deniers or do we go to the exreme like the dutch and have political party for pedofiles?
There are peoples who denied holocaust, are Jews burning flags, effigies and calling for slit the throat of them?

There are limits to free speech and the the muslims will not let the boundaries of free speech be dictated to them by non muslims.
There is a dire necessity you understand what constitutes Free speech and what does not.

I have told you previously while I'm against this british decision but in 1989 when the book got released Muslims there were burning effigies and books etc as well, where were peoples like you condemning them then? or that is okay ? eh?

You can insult my mother all you like,Wether it is a right or wrong is moral judgement not a legal one but if you incite murder, then yes you have a problem..

From my knowlege if you insult something or someone that is loved by a person you will get a negative reaction,it might just be an argument or get more heated and end up with someone hurt.
Rushdie knew what the reaction of the muslims would be so it was incitment.And to my understanding under current british law which was not about when rushdie released his book he would have been charged.

There is always that line one shouldnt cross...
Yes for me it was when rushdie insulted the prophet

The same rushdie has insulted hindu's in his book of 1977 grimes, which was far far more than Satanic verses. Learn to be civilized, is the answer for all this.

If your okay with people insulting your faith that okay by me,bt myself it the person insulting my faith can not "Learn to be civilized" then expect negative outcome from me.

Dont give me the victim card,.

Theatre ends play in Sikh protest

Three police officers were hurt in struggles at the theatre
A play which led to violent protests among the Sikh community in Birmingham has had its run cancelled by the city's Repertory Theatre.
Three police officers were hurt during clashes after 400 demonstrators gathered outside on Saturday.
Protesters said Behzti, which depicts sex abuse and murder in a temple, portrayed the Sikh faith negatively.
The theatre said the "ugly" violence had caused free speech to be curbed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4112105.stm

How come we do not hear about this "riot" "policeman getting hurt" and "violence that caused free speech to be curbed"
If they where muslims doing the same thing now we would have wall to wall coverage.
Ps by the way the local muslim community fully backed the sikhs in there protest.

He shouldnt have been sent to jail. I agree. but the gas chambers does exist. German records prove the number of jews killed. 6 million is no laughing matter. But he shouldnt have been sent to jail. Atleast they didnt do a FATWA on him. Muslims need reform in my opinion. Look at Aushwitz for gas chambers.

Right or wrong but you get my point,David irving did not call for anyones murder but was still sent to jail so where is you freedom of speech.
He himself say that jews did get killed in Aushwitz but not by gas.

I thought i already told you about your father-mother theory, you can. Religion is also not beyond critisism. Maybe you care about your religion, Good. You want to be angry at him, be angry at him, you want boycott him in your premsis, do that. But the buck stops there. Calling for suicide attacks and murder IS NOT that. Yours or mine religion is not critisism.
Answer me this, How many times in this board itself, the members have insulted my religion. Did I call for suicide bombing the **** out of their asses. WHY only yours, when you clearly dont give the same respect to other people's religion.

Sanest thing you have said so far.

I dont think holacaust deniers should be jailed. But here you are arguing the validity of a book that you claim is given to by god. Which cannot be proved beyond reason, at most we can call it a fable to that off something that happened in the near past, we have video evidences of concentration camps, millions of eye-witness from the victims, liberators and people who did them. Gas chambers, number of people killed are meticously recorded in true german fashion. Why Europeans are jittery when it comes Holacaust? Not because it is jews, that is your thinking. But it is one of the worst things they have did ever, and it cannot be undone.
They killed 6 million innocent people inside gas chambers, shot them into mass graves in various places. they consider that the ultimate sin they have committed and ever since tried to redeem themselves. You as a muslim has the same right and equally treated as any christain or Hindu in Britain. Be thankful for that. Unlike in Saudi Arabia, where if a muslim die's they get 1 million, christain or jew 50,000 and Hindu 6666.60 rials. And you have the audacity to question secularism and democracy.
Islam and Muslims will be questioned and is not above critisim, while humanity is.

There are limits to free speech and the the muslims will not let the boundaries of free speech be dictated to them by non muslims

No, You cant. If you are not in a Islamic, you will and they will make sure that you adhere by their rules and regulations. Dont like it, Go back to Pakistan. Especially when you insult and criticize every other religion and advocate your way is the right way, then expect the same thing back.
Free speech is not dicatated by non-muslims. It is told by humanity where muslims are a part of that group.

From my knowlege if you insult something or someone that is loved by a person you will get a negative reaction,it might just be an argument or get more heated and end up with someone hurt.
Rushdie knew what the reaction of the muslims would be so it was incitment.And to my understanding under current british law which was not about when rushdie released his book he would have been charged.

So what if he knew, who gives the right to muslim ask for his head and murder for what he thought. I think Islam and all other organized religion is crap; now are you going to kill me. Rushdie can say what he wants. Dont like it dont listen. Yours is not some uber-religion which is beyond critism. By your contention Dan Brown should be locked up.

Yes for me it was when rushdie insulted the prophet

Deal with it, and move on. You dont have to protect god, he is more than capable of doing it himself.

If your okay with people insulting your faith that okay by me,bt myself it the person insulting my faith can not "Learn to be civilized" then expect negative outcome from me.

You can have a negative outcome, as long it does not amount to murder or violence, Your not going to suppress anybody else's point of view. If you presist on a negative reaction which amounts to violence, expect yourself to be locked up or for all you know a similar reaction. If you give me a violent reaction on me personally, expect the same back.

Theatre ends play in Sikh protest

Three police officers were hurt in struggles at the theatre
A play which led to violent protests among the Sikh community in Birmingham has had its run cancelled by the city's Repertory Theatre.
Three police officers were hurt during clashes after 400 demonstrators gathered outside on Saturday.
Protesters said Behzti, which depicts sex abuse and murder in a temple, portrayed the Sikh faith negatively.
The theatre said the "ugly" violence had caused free speech to be curbed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4112105.stm

How come we do not hear about this "riot" "policeman getting hurt" and "violence that caused free speech to be curbed"
If they where muslims doing the same thing now we would have wall to wall coverage.
Ps by the way the local muslim community fully backed the sikhs in there protest.

Wrong move by the British Government, I comment the Danish government for their commmitment to free speech.

Right or wrong but you get my point,David irving did not call for anyones murder but was still sent to jail so where is you freedom of speech.
He himself say that jews did get killed in Aushwitz but not by gas.

Wrong move, he shouldnt have been jailed.

I thought i already told you about your father-mother theory, you can. Religion is also not beyond critisism. Maybe you care about your religion, Good. You want to be angry at him, be angry at him, you want boycott him in your premsis, do that. But the buck stops there. Calling for suicide attacks and murder IS NOT that. Yours or mine religion is not critisism.
Answer me this, How many times in this board itself, the members have insulted my religion. Did I call for suicide bombing the **** out of their asses. WHY only yours, when you clearly dont give the same respect to other people's religion..

Have i ever insulted your faith?
Respecting other peoples faith is okay when they respect yours.
I have no problem with critisism of my faith just as long it is true and people are not confusing culture with islamic faith.
But what i will not tolerate are outright lies that are spread to create hatred.

I dont think holacaust deniers should be jailed. But here you are arguing the validity of a book that you claim is given to by god. Which cannot be proved beyond reason, at most we can call it a fable to that off something that happened in the near past, we have video evidences of concentration camps, millions of eye-witness from the victims, liberators and people who did them. Gas chambers, number of people killed are meticously recorded in true german fashion. Why Europeans are jittery when it comes Holacaust? Not because it is jews, that is your thinking. But it is one of the worst things they have did ever, and it cannot be undone.
They killed 6 million innocent people inside gas chambers, shot them into mass graves in various places. they consider that the ultimate sin they have committed and ever since tried to redeem themselves. .

So the europeans kill the jews and the muslims pay the price by having a jewish state on there lands.
They want to redeem themself's give them a part of germany.

You as a muslim has the same right and equally treated as any christain or Hindu in Britain. Be thankful for that. Unlike in Saudi Arabia, where if a muslim die's they get 1 million, christain or jew 50,000 and Hindu 6666.60 rials. And you have the audacity to question secularism and democracy.
Islam and Muslims will be questioned and is not above critisim, while humanity is..

You should also be grateful that you live in hindu country and that you are not going to be put in mass grave like the muslims or gujrat or kashmir.
Your stupid example of secularisim/democracy the two biggest causes of war in the last two hundred years is just plain stupid ....."audacity to question secularism and democracy." the only audacity carried out is your conclusion that secularisim/democracy bring peace.:cheesy:

No, You cant. If you are not in a Islamic, you will and they will make sure that you adhere by their rules and regulations. Dont like it, Go back to Pakistan. Especially when you insult and criticize every other religion and advocate your way is the right way, then expect the same thing back..

I was born in england so am not going back anywhere.

Free speech is not dicatated by non-muslims. It is told by humanity where muslims are a part of that group.

Free speech can not be dictated to muslims by non muslims...simple

Have i ever insulted your faith?
Respecting other peoples faith is okay when they respect yours.
I have no problem with critisism of my faith just as long it is true and people are not confusing culture with islamic faith.
But what i will not tolerate are outright lies that are spread to create hatred.

who are you to judge what is right or wrong. Criticsm can be founded or unfounded, you think it is wrong, go write a book. You propagate violence and suicde killings, you will taken down as per the law of land.

Why dont you go to Piccadilly circle tommorrow and shout for the suicide attack on rushdie; a british citizen mind you,
rather go shouting for his beheading. See what Happens. You wouldnt be posting here for quite some while. Aint that cheesy.

or another option

Go write a book about how wrong Rushdie is; nobody will even touch you. Or go write a satanic verses about the Bible or Gita; again you wont be touched. You cant be civilized like that, then dont be in a civilized country. Saudi Arabia would do fine...i think

So the europeans kill the jews and the muslims pay the price by having a jewish state on there lands.
They want to redeem themself's give them a part of germany.

Its as much a jewish lands as Muslim lands. They have far historical ties with than muslims. WHy are we going to Palestnian issue. Its another debate.

You should also be grateful that you live in hindu country and that you are not going to be put in mass grave like the muslims or gujrat or kashmir.
Your stupid example of secularisim/democracy the two biggest causes of war in the last two hundred years is just plain stupid ....."audacity to question secularism and democracy." the only audacity carried out is your conclusion that secularisim/democracy bring peace.:cheesy:

Those movements in America, France, India etc brought equality and justice.
Mass Graves in gujarat..lol..
All of that is just propaganda, you know it everybody knows it. ITs called a riot.

I was born in england so am not going back anywhere.

Then your alligience lies to england. Stand by it.

Free speech can not be dictated to muslims by non muslims...simple

Nope, it cant be. Free speech is dictated by PEOPLE and the laws of land. Muslims or non-muslims dont play any part there. All you see is Religion. As i said you dont like it, get out of there.

As far as I see muslims in britain seems to using their right to protest and FREEdom of Speech in a very civilized way.

33e4253477e25c11fb6584225323a2b0.jpg

68ca38f382dd3faa7aa469900959cbfc.jpg

What a compliment to your community those pictures are;
Maybe I am wrong you can say anything you want, if christains do this they will be arrested, but with muslims and their victim cards, guess they have more freedom than the christains.

Everything about murdering, butchering, slaying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom