What's new

Salman Rushdie Knighted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me the number of Muslims who believe their religion is not the best in this forum. Show me the number of Muslims who believe their religion is not the only truth. It's a mindset indoctrinated from the time when you chaps were kids. It's hard to change.

What are u studying for? Just wondering!!! Doctrate in theology???

What are u studying for? Just wondering!!! Doctrate in theology???

I'm currently studying "Understanding Wimmens Mind : A Qualitative Study" taught by Guru Yogi Shri Neoji. :smokin:

AsSalam oAlaikum.
Personally I dont see what the fuss is all about. Pakistan has no jurisdiction on what Britain does. They have reservations about Rushdi and have expressed them. The fact that the British have knighted him is adequate evidence of the importance they place on your feelings. They are not going to back down. So leave it at that and move on. Rushdi will answer to his sins just like you and I . So worry about yours rather than worrying about him.
It is incredible that we tend to raise objections about everyone and everybody, but never look into our own culture and society and try to root out the corruption within. Kill the Bastard who orders mass rape of a woman for a crime not of her own doing, or the man who kills his daughter as an honour crime, or marries her off to the Quran, or keeps his labour,s wife and children into forced confinement and rapes them. Leave Rushdi alone to face his own deeds.
waSalam
Araz

AsSalam oAlaikum.
Personally I dont see what the fuss is all about. Pakistan has no jurisdiction on what Britain does. They have reservations about Rushdi and have expressed them. The fact that the British have knighted him is adequate evidence of the importance they place on your feelings. They are not going to back down. So leave it at that and move on. Rushdi will answer to his sins just like you and I . So worry about yours rather than worrying about him.
It is incredible that we tend to raise objections about everyone and everybody, but never look into our own culture and society and try to root out the corruption within. Kill the Bastard who orders mass rape of a woman for a crime not of her own doing, or the man who kills his daughter as an honour crime, or marries her off to the Quran, or keeps his labour,s wife and children into forced confinement and rapes them. Leave Rushdi alone to face his own deeds.
waSalam
Araz

How right you are Hon Araz. No one can put a ban on "Thoughts". Basically it is a culture of intolerance. I have read the book 'satanic verses' and I think it is a stupid book written only to start a controversy and making money out of it. It is a very badly written book and if there was no Fatwa, no one would have bought it.

Whether any one is knighted in a different country is a matter of that country. I personally hate Salman Rushdi and think he is a true charlatan. But if he is knighted so what. No sweat off my back and no reason to lose any sleep over it.

I'm currently studying "Understanding Wimmens Mind : A Qualitative Study" taught by Guru Yogi Shri Neoji. :smokin:

You forgot Neoji has a qualitative and QUANTITATIVE study....lol
And about Women's mind, there is male living who Knows the truth

Show me the number of Muslims who believe their religion is not the best in this forum. Show me the number of Muslims who believe their religion is not the only truth. It's a mindset indoctrinated from the time when you chaps were kids. It's hard to change.

Look around ur self or even u who thinks eastern religions like Hindu or Buddhist are the best. So whats wrong if Muslim says that his religion is the best? Why don't u have any problem when Cristian say the same? In other thread Joye is trying his best to prove how superior Hindus are since they were the ones who got to Europe and not other way around.

AsSalam oAlaikum.
waSalam
Araz

Dear Araz,

A very intelligent and contructive post.

Regards

In other thread Joye is trying his best to prove how superior Hindus are since they were the ones who got to Europe and not other way around.

You only have to comprehend what he has written before deciding to make a point to me.

Understand what is written in plain English. Is that very difficult ?

Look around ur self or even u who thinks eastern religions like Hindu or Buddhist are the best.

Sorry. I do not see the vast majority praying five times a day announcing that their God is the only God.

You only have to comprehend what he has written before deciding to make a point to me.

Understand what is written in plain English. Is that very difficult ?

Sorry. I do not see the vast majority praying five times a day announcing that their God is the only God.

Because Hindu religion is different thats why there are millions of Hindu gods. And many Hindus also pray everyday and majority of them do disgusting things in name of praying unlike 5 namaz a day.

majority of them do disgusting things in name of praying unlike 5 namaz a day.

But the majority of them accept the truth of other faith. Muslims don't. That and your religiosity is increasing chances of conflict between the worlds of faith day by day.

Gentlemen let us not let this thread descend into "my religion is better than yours". The moment it becomes uncivil, It gets closed.

Can we get back to Rushdie and Reformation of Islam.

We can do "Disgusting Hindus" in some other thread

As far as awards go methinks giving a Knighthood is a little too generous.

An MBE maybe but not as far as a Knighthood.

I dont care what Salman Rushdie wrote, at times i feel he is sub-standard.
But he is definitly an ICON for free speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom