What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

I thought advantages of being able to supercruise without afterburners increases endurance, not having to dump fuel into the afterburner. I suppose it's more to do with engine output than with design. Is there any information as to when China will complete WS-13E - that extra 1,000lb of dry thrust might push FC-31 to Mach 1.5-8
Supercruise do not decrease endurance that much as afterburning.But it still decrease endurance/range significantly comparing to economic cruise.
Advantage of supercruise :
1 it will increase the speed of the weapon you fire. So you can hit target further and quicker. Especially when you use a parabola-trajectory missile or gliding guided bomb.
2 engage and disengage quickly. it may outran enemy‘s missile, or precisely speaking reduce its effective range.

I do not know any information about WS-13E. Engine is probably the most difficult sub-system of all.

I doubt it can push FC-31 to mach 1.5 without afterburning.

Supercruise do not decrease endurance that much as afterburning.But it still decrease endurance/range significantly comparing to economic cruise.
Advantage of supercruise :
1 it will increase the speed of the weapon you fire. So you can hit target further and quicker. Especially when you use a parabola-trajectory missile or gliding guided bomb.
2 engage and disengage quickly. it may outran enemy‘s missile, or precisely speaking reduce its effective range.

I do not know any information about WS-13E. Engine is probably the most difficult sub-system of all.

I doubt it can push FC-31 to mach 1.5 without afterburning.

I understand. Such a great design with dual engines, looking forward to seeing project progress into production.

What difference are you to those you complain about. None in my books, you're just as petty.

Turkey has accumulated more than you know; 1980s F-16 production in Turkey.
you are as clueless :lol:````I dont even know where to start to educated someone has no basic knowledge of how aviation and complicated industry works. Turkey is nobody in this field, its a fact, cant change by few licensed production line as you cluelessly claimed

Last edited by a moderator:
FC-31 V1.0 spotted during final assembly ... spotted in a CCTV documentary on the J-15.

FC-31V1 in primer.png

http://tv.cctv.com/live/cctv2/sd/index.shtml

Back
Top Bottom