What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

The evidence just there, but u deny the truth !

1. FC-31 is a stealth prototype, it had been testing fly 3x years in the sky.
2. Current RD-93 more powerful than RD-33, and domestic WS-13 will be better.
3. FC-31 has the internal weapons-bay
4. FC-31 has low RCS shape-design like the F-35
5. FC-31 has modern LCD cockpit
6. FC-31 has body parts produced by 3D printing method, adopting whole body shaped produce-technology.
7. FC-31 has many parts used by composite materials, to reduce body weight.
8. Next year FC-31 v2.0 will add EOTS and other advanced optical sensors onboard.
9. China AVIC offered FC-31 official datas.

Judgement from above information, im sure FC-31 stealth fighter better than ur Mig21 or Su30 ... FC-31 design is successful in China (last left is to install WS-13 engines). When others busy in drawing their next-gen fighter CGI on the paper, here China's FC-31 had flied 3x years and soon updated to v2.0 out in next year.

FC-31 won't better than F-22 but won't behind the F-35A ... both r the stealth fighter at least the gap between FC-31 and F-35A much less than rest 2-gen/ 3-gen fighter vs F-35A.

"will" "is to install" "won't behind" can't count as evidences
official data is meaningless once it's not data in real test.
F35 isn't stealth just by its appearance but also its coating. We can't judge the same quality between 2 or not.
I believe that when FC-31 come into service F-35 would at some more levels of upgrade in about 2023
So it's not so meaning to make sure FC-31 ( still in running changes ) when it come into service better than F-35

I wont refer to J7, J8 or Mig-21 because that derails the topic
color%20fix.jpg

Last edited:
Stealth aircraft air intake is unique less direct flow where you can't see inside easily to prevent reflecting radar waves back to enemy radar. Also stealth aircraft is usually heavier with the internal bay door and RAM coating layers. Because of these 2 factors, stealth aircraft is slower. J31 has larger internal fuel tank allowing it to carry more fuel internally and i could carry heavier payloads than mig29. You look into overall.

I agree Mig-29 and FC-31 are in different platform and one can't be used as illustration for other as our friend cnleio attempt to ( just like F-117A can't even reach supersonic speed while F-18 is Mach 1.8 , using same twin engines)

Last edited:
"will" "is to install" "won't behind" can't count as evidences
official data is meaningless once it's not data in real test.
F35 isn't stealth just by its appearance but also its coating. We can't judge the same quality between 2 or not.
I believe that when FC-31 come into service F-35 would at some more levels of upgrade in about 2023
So it's not so meaning to make sure FC-31 ( still in running changes ) when it come into service better than F-35

I wont refer to J7, J8 or Mig-21 because that derails the topic
color%20fix.jpg
Did i say F-35 or FC-31 which is better ? No, i only mention no big gap between both stealth fighters ... so there's no big advantage like stealth fighter vs Mig21 or Su30.

Here same generation: F-22, F-35A, J-20A, T-50, FC-31A stealth fighters
Here big gap: Stealth fighter vs 2-gen/3-gen fighters
Another big gap: now U.S/China/Russia can produce & update stealth fighters, others waiting for it or waste their time.

Next year new updated FC-31 with EOTS and advanced optical sensors will out, watch out dude !
img.jpg

Last edited:
In brief, I just want to be informed the actual progress of the baby FC-31/J-31,
not best wishes.
My friend !!!

So 500 or 1200 of combat radius?
I remember we have no report on 31001 support that ( full loaded, full fuel )?
And it can because you said it can? simple like that?
I doubt about the fact that 31001 could done many things easily.

j31-fighter-jet-china-rd93-smoke-b.jpg

Which part of "combat radius differs due to loadout, mission requirement and altitude" did you not understand? It's not a fixed number, but mission dependent.

In brief, I just want to be informed the actual progress of the baby FC-31/J-31,
not best wishes.
My friend !!!

What wishes? All the sub-systems are there for the public to view at the Zhuhair Airshow, including weapons, radar and EOTS.

Next year new updated FC-31 with EOTS and advanced optical sensors will out, watch out dude !
View attachment 258825

Reduce using "will" and report when you really think that thing already in place. That strengthen your statement.

I'm in hope with J-31 more than J-20, but it seem that they put too little investment to J-31 project, so the progress is too slow. While someone claimed it fly 3x years in the sky, still there's not much improvement.

Everything we see is one 31001 and some more plastic prototypes in here or there in an attempt to get more foreign investment on the project. No money, very slow progress as I see.

Reduce using "will" and report when you really think that thing already in place. That strengthen your statement.

I'm in hope with J-31 more than J-20, but it seem that they put too little investment to J-31 project, so the progress is too slow. While someone claimed it fly 3x years in the sky, still there's not much improvement.

Everything we see is one 31001 and some more plastic prototypes in here or there in an attempt to get more foreign investment on the project. No money, very slow progress as I see.
LOL ... China focus on J-20 project coz its configuration better than FC-31 for PLAAF to against F-22 ... F-22 is immediate threat to China not F-35, PLAAF will equip more J-20A fighters than J-31A.
C29577315S0M_1000x500.jpg

Last edited:
2010年,韩冬作为型号常务副总设计师先后主持四个型号发动机的研制工作。他殚精竭虑、呕心沥血,带领团队顽强拼搏、奋勇攻关,攻克了一个又一个难题,创造了一个又一个奇迹。其中一型发动机配装某多用途四代飞机于2012年成功实现首飞,标志着我国成为继美国之后第二个同时研制2型第四代作战飞机的国家,极大振奋了国人士气,提升了国防实力;另一型发动机于2013年配装某隐身无人作战飞机验证机成功实现首飞,使我国成为继美、法、英等国之后,第四个具备研制尖端大型无人作战飞机的国家。

This official report confirms that FC-31 used after-burn version of WS-13, while Sharp Sword used non after-burn version of WS-13

为保证某多用途四代飞机按期实现首飞,在发动机附件传动装置持久试验出现裂纹故障后,韩冬立即带领团队飞赴试验现场,亲自进行故障件断口分析和编写故障分析报告,仅用7天时间就确定了裂纹性质和裂纹形成的原因,并提出解决措施。随后,他迅速组织项目团队,重新修改铸件模具,重新铸造和机械加工,仅用3个月时间即完成了大型铸造件的试制和精加工,并在后续的15天内完成持久试验考核,验证了解决措施的有效性,完成3台发动机调试和交付出厂。紧接着他又组织团队不分昼夜配合飞机单位完成装机地面试验,保障了某多用途四代机按计划实现首飞。
In more details, they has handed over 3 WS-13 for FC-31 project

Last edited:
Interesting, but could You please provide a link / source of this report ??ß

Otherwise it could come from everywhere !

Thanks a lot,
Deino

Interesting, but could You please provide a link / source of this report ??ß

Otherwise it could come from everywhere !

Thanks a lot,
Deino

the article in April. and dont know why 3?

I agree Mig-29 and FC-31 are in different platform and one can't be used as illustration for other as our friend cnleio attempt to ( just like F-117A can't even reach supersonic speed while F-18 is Mach 1.8 , using same twin engines)

F117a are fitted with non-afterburning medium size engines having just 11000lb each. Also, the odd shape design reduced its aerodynamic.

As for your debate on j31, its stealth tech derived from the f117 generation 1 stealth layers wreckage shot down over Serbia, stolen f35 information by hackers and the joint research analysis with Russia done detection experiments on US stealth aircraft flying over Serbia during Kosovo campaign. F22 and f35 are fitted with 2nd generation stealth. J31 stealth could either be not be as good as the f35 or comparable depends on whether they managed to steal generation 2 stealth and how well they managed to replicate. At least there's something to put up against than none.

If Shenyang manufacturer knows how to think rather than follow Americans blindly, they should build j31conventional ram coating variant without internal bay mainly for carrying external armaments, having better performance and able to perform multi role sorties. Conventional low rcs variant is less stealthy but still having better survival than flankers, super hornets, f15e, f16 in air to air and air to ground.

LOL ... China focus on J-20 project coz its configuration better than FC-31 for PLAAF to against F-22 ... F-22 is immediate threat to China not F-35, PLAAF will equip more J-20A fighters than J-31A.
View attachment 258940

That's because everyone notice a stealth fighter being too small like f35 could not carry out stealth mission well with very limited armaments which is pointless. Stealth fighter needs to be big to carry more internal armaments engaging air and ground targets where dogfight is only when necessary.

J31 should be made as low RCS more fuel efficient patrol fighters and to provide close air support. Shenyang needs to have it redesigned without internal bay and carry external armaments in stealth pods instead. F15SE showed how conformal weapons bay work which is practical yet effective. J31 could do better. Later development could be navalized j31 that could fulfill carrier role better because it's lighter and could carry similar fuel as j15.

Back
Top Bottom