What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Yes, but it won't be able to have a very far combat radius in that case. With full weapon load and full fuel, the combat radius is probably less than 500km.

so what is the good ?

so what is the good ?
Combat radius is affected by several factors, such as mission payload, fuel level and even altitude. It's not a static number. Typically for air superiority missions, you don't need maximum weapon payload so the combat radius is longer.

How about the progress of WS-13?
Could FC-31 take off with loaded weight 8t and full fuel tank?
Of course FC-31 can, but as @S10 said must less than max combat radius ... < 1200km.
Waiting for next year FC-31 v2.0 out ... might we can hear more WS-13 development now not more news. When China solve domestic WS-13 engine ... FC-31 really can compete with the F-35A in international weapon market.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Of course FC-31 can,

So 500 or 1200 of combat radius?
I remember we have no report on 31001 support that ( full loaded, full fuel )?
And it can because you said it can? simple like that?
I doubt about the fact that 31001 could done many things easily.

j31-fighter-jet-china-rd93-smoke-b.jpg

Last edited:
So 500 or 1200 of combat radius? I remember we have no report on 31001 support that?
And it can because you said it can? simple like that?
I doubt about the fact that 31001 could done many things easily.

j31-fighter-jet-china-rd93-smoke-b.jpg
... more google, dude ! Wiki Mig-29 with RD-33 engine (RD-93 more powerful than RD-33)

Refer to Mig-29, FC-31 with RD-93 can do everything on the list ... and FC-31's parameters r correct & realizable, the design of FC-31 stealth fighter is successful ! just u don't know.

Mig-29 fighter with RD-33 engines:
1111.jpg

FC-31 stealth fighter with RD-93 engines:
222.jpg

RD-93 developed from original RD-33, more powerful ... FC-31 used new produce-tech and more composite materials, the body weight lighter than 30-year old Mig-29. If u r careful, refer to Mig-29's parameters u can find FC-31 with RD-93 is OKay !

Not to mention J-31 most body parts uses 3D printing method that further reduces the material weight and strengthen the structure.

RD-93 developed from original RD-33, more powerful ... FC-31 used new produce-tech and more composite materials, the body weight lighter than 30-year old Mig-29. If u r careful, refer to Mig-29's parameters u can find FC-31 with RD-93 is OKay !

Like Mach 1.8 ? vs. 2.25 ? I still think that comparison is illogical

. and FC-31's parameters r correct & realizable, the design of FC-31 stealth fighter is successful !
Does it make sense without proof ?

How about the progress of WS-13?
Could FC-31 take off with loaded weight 8t and full fuel tank?

8t payload is about 17,600lb equivalent to max payload of F/A-18e super hornet & su30mk. Most aircraft don't carry that heavy as it'll reduce range and manueverability limited to less than 6g max where the aircraft can't dogfight.

Fighters such as flankers, f22, f35, j20 and probably j31 too have large internal tank that you only fill full tank for long range missions without having to always rely on external fuel tank like f4, f15c, f16c, f/a-18c, mig29, mirage2000, sepecat jaguar smaller internal fuel tank.

Last edited:
Again ... Mr BoQ77 to teach Chinese how to design a stealth fighter.

Let face the main topic. You bring Mig-29 to illustrate FC-31 performance.
You stated FC-31 parameters are correct and realizable and its design is successful
and without evidence to support it, but Mig-29 ( yeah a proven design ) ?

I more than welcome for your logical arguments , not person attack.

Like Mach 1.8 ? vs. 2.25 ? I still think that comparison is illogical

Does it make sense without proof ?

Stealth aircraft air intake is unique less direct flow where you can't see inside easily to prevent reflecting radar waves back to enemy radar. Also stealth aircraft is usually heavier with the internal bay door and RAM coating layers. Because of these 2 factors, stealth aircraft is slower. J31 has larger internal fuel tank allowing it to carry more fuel internally and i could carry heavier payloads than mig29. You look into overall.

Let face the main topic. You bring Mig-29 to illustrate FC-31 performance.
You stated FC-31 parameters are correct and realizable and its design is successful
and without evidence to support it, but Mig-29 ( yeah a proven design ) ?

I more than welcome for your logical arguments , not person attack.
The evidence just there, but u deny the truth !

1. FC-31 is a stealth prototype, it had been testing fly 3x years in the sky.
2. Current RD-93 more powerful than RD-33, and domestic WS-13 will be better.
3. FC-31 has the internal weapons-bay
4. FC-31 has low RCS shape-design like the F-35
5. FC-31 has modern LCD cockpit
6. FC-31 has body parts produced by 3D printing method, adopting whole body shaped produce-technology.
7. FC-31 has many parts used by composite materials, to reduce body weight.
8. Next year FC-31 v2.0 will add EOTS and other advanced optical sensors onboard.
9. China AVIC offered FC-31 official datas.

Judgement from above information, im sure FC-31 stealth fighter better than ur Mig21 or Su30 ... FC-31 design is successful in China (last left is to install WS-13 engines). When others busy in drawing their next-gen fighter CGI on the paper, here China's FC-31 had flied 3x years and soon updated to v2.0 out in next year.

FC-31 won't better than F-22 but won't behind the F-35A ... both r the stealth fighter at least the gap between FC-31 and F-35A much less than rest 2-gen/ 3-gen fighter vs F-35A. :coffee: U know, the best interesting thing is China FC-31 reducing future gap between foreign nation to equip F-35 fleet and China stealth fighters ... in the future those nations to buy F-35 from U.S no any advantage when face PLAAF stealth fighter fleets. 8-)
201411171456237894.jpg

20141213113748981.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom