What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Do you not realize that you're pretty much arguing with everyone here? And you think we're bitching? Seriously?

Are you really that unaware of yourself? Get off the internet, take a break and do some soul searching.

You're like the western equivalent of Hasan Al Somali.

You're like the western equivalent of Hasan Al Somali.
Nah bro, that's you.

I'm not arguing with a lot of people, you are.

You're choosing to be antagonistic towards everyone that remotely disagrees with you.

Sad, really.

90% of turkish national media is under government control, and the ”disinformation law” from 2022 criminalizes any information not sanctioned by local authorities - meaning anyone campaigning or speaking against the official narrative could infact face 4 years in prison.
So no, the opposition was not campaigning freely.
Source on all of that please. Not saying I don't believe you, I'd just like to read about it myself.

It happened during the last 10 years for those that follow Turkish politics.

Some examples:

View attachment 938415

View attachment 938416
View attachment 938424
View attachment 938423

Only if you stick your head in the ground and ignore reality.
I remember when that arrest happened.

While it was an anti-democratic move, it's not the same as saying Erdogan arrested a majority of opposition figures.

Also the democracy index doesn't necessarily indicate if a nation is a dictatorship or not, it measures the level of democracy. Meaning, you could be a 0.1 and still have democratic and free elections. Their methodology is weird like that, which is why i dont place much trust in it.

Still, it's better than what i have which is nothing, so I suppose I'll concede the point and give up here.

Nah bro, that's you.

I'm not arguing with a lot of people, you are.

You're choosing to be antagonistic towards everyone that remotely disagrees with you.

Sad, really.

Source on all of that please. Not saying I don't believe you, I'd just like to read about it myself.
“With the country ranked 165th out of 180 countries reviewed by RSF in 2023 and with 90% of the national media reported to be under government control”

“With the country ranked 165th out of 180 countries reviewed by RSF in 2023 and with 90% of the national media reported to be under government control”

Do we actually have data on how the law was actually used instead of what is claimed it could be used for?

This is interesting though. I knew the gov owned a majority, but I always thought it was 50% to 60%.

90% is huge and is certainly a cause for concern.

@Corax no one likes you.

~

Ukraine Is Winning The Artillery War—By Destroying Four Russian Howitzers for Every Howitzer It Loses

It seems the Russians are losing four big guns for every one big gun the Ukrainians are losing.

Why the Ukrainians gradually are winning the counterbattery fight should be obvious. Huge consignments of Western-made systems—which often are more reliable, more accurate and farther-firing than Soviet-style systems are—radically have improved Ukraine’s 13 artillery and rocket brigades.

Perhaps most importantly, the Ukrainians have received from Germany, Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States scores of counterbattery radars that spot incoming artillery shells and rockets, pinpoint the source and cue friendly howitzers and launchers to fire back.

~

Do we actually have data on how the law was actually used instead of what is claimed it could be used for?

This is interesting though. I knew the gov owned a majority, but I always thought it was 50% to 60%.

90% is huge and is certainly a cause for concern.

@Corax no one likes you.
There are plenty of editors and journalists that has fled Turkey and Turkey wants them extradited, which won’t stand in court.

Back
Top Bottom