What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

You're a typical Western propagandists who lives in his (or her) own bubble. Yes, it is true that the powerful International Group of P&I Clubs (IGP&I) provide insurance services for 90% of global seaborne cargo. However, what you aren't taking into account is how Russians has assessed all the potential scenarios and tools that the West could've used against them.

Here is a description of what Russia has done in order to "maintain an independent fleet outside of the EU/UK regulatory framework, which Moscow now considers unreliable and abusing of free market rules:

In May, Russia's Rosneft PJSC and Gazprom PJSC started increasing the bookings of tankers owned by Sovcomflot PJSC, Russia's largest shipping company specializing in the maritime transportation of hydrocarbons.

Russian vessels could carry 70-80% of its total seaborne crude cargo. Similarly, Russia instrumentalized its own insurance companies, including the Russian National Reinsurance Company (RNRC) and IPJSC Ingosstrakh, the country’s fourth-largest general insurer.

Furthermore, one should also bear in mind that the G7 measures do not affect Russia's pipeline crude. The Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary, who were excluded from the scheme, are receiving oil through the Druzhba pipeline.

Russia also operates the 4,857-km ESPO oil pipeline that starts from Taishet in eastern Siberia and sends oil to the Pacific Ocean terminal at Kozmino.

The ESPO pipeline also has a 942-km mainland China branch which goes further into the Northeastern oil pipeline network. In 2018, China strengthened the branch by building an additional line.

Thus, according to S&P Global, in 2021, Asian refineries imported 2.4 million barrels per day (mb/d) or about 120 million metric tons per year (MMt/y) of Russian oil via the ESPO oil pipeline and waterborne routes, with over 80% of the oil delivered to mainland China.

Needless to say, Russia is capitalizing on its favorable geographical situation which allows it to deliver hydrocarbons to Asia through safe land routes. In addition, Russia has its own prospective maritime route which further lessens its dependence on the traditional sea lanes.

On December 21, 2019, the Russian government approved the country’s development plan for its Northern Sea Route (NSR), a shipping lane located along Russia's Arctic coast within its exclusive economic zone (EEZ).

The route through the Arctic offers a cheaper and faster transportation corridor between Asia and Europe, completely outside of US control. The June 2021 blockage of the Suez Canal further underlined the importance of developing the NSR as an alternative.

In September 2022, the journal of the Eastern Economic Forum wrote that Moscow plans to boost its Arctic fleet by building 153 new ships, including 12 icebreakers. Russia aims to up transarctic transportation by creating a new class of cargo vessels for the NSR by 2035.

Russia intends to use the NSR as a "safe, competitive, year-round national transport route." Russian media reported in November 2022 that icebreaking tanker "Vasily Dinkov" had passed the NSR for the second time in the history of Russia to deliver crude oil to China.

On Nov 18, it arrived at the Chinese port of Rizhao, leaving Murmansk on Oct 27. the passage along the NSR from Murmansk to Chinese ports takes an average of 18-20 days. "

Every thing I wrote in this comment is all to the credit of this Twitter profile: https://twitter.com/ArtLove7654321/

As I said before, you can continue to believe what you hear from the crap that Western-based mainstream media uses to brainwash the sheeple, but there is a whole different reality that exists outside the West.
Dude, a bunch of word, and you are talking about how it "May" or "Should" have been.

I don't really care about how much Moscow wanted to boost Artic Fleet or how much Russian going to expand their artic EEZ. The bottom line is

YOU CANNOT INSURE AGAINST YOUR OWN COUNTRY FLAGGED SHIP.

It's like when there is an accident like Ever Given, the authority of the party that was damaged cannot sue you because you will be handling your own case.... That's because you are your own insurer.

This have nothing to do with money, power, or anything, this is about BUSINESS PRACTICES. Again, go and try to buy a house without an escrow, see if anyone willing to sell you one??

Just exactly how stupid were you??

As for slavery, I am a Somali and was never subjected to. We kicked the arse of every European who came to our shore, starting from the Portugeuse to the British to the French.

Actually it was the Italian colonial administration that abolished slavery in Somalia at the turn of the 20th century.

However, some Somali clans notably the Biimal clan opposed this idea. The Bimaals fought Italians to keep their slaves. Although the Italians freed some Bantus, some Bantu groups, remained enslaved well until the 1930s,

I see people using both terms. You can't blame me for what other people call it. The people who believe this event happened called it "Holocaust. The people who deny it call it "Holohoax". So depending upon the situation, I tend to use either one. Personally though, I'm on the fence. I neither deny it nor acknowledge it.

But I question why people - Arabs and Muslims in the Levant who had no part in this conflict - pay the ultimate price for a conflict that they have nothing to do with! If Hitler, a German and European, killed European Jews, why the Arabs and Palestinian people, who have nothing to do with that conflict, pay the ultimate price for a conflict that they have nothing to do with?

Let us not forget the British government at the time offered Jews to move to Uganda in East Africa or a place in South America.

But of course you being a Krishna-worshiping, Hindutva boy, I don't expect you to understand it. I never understood the new love between Hindutva and Zion. All we see is Hindutva boys like you running around in social media attacking Arabs and Muslims on behalf of your Zionist patrons.

***Not sure if you know but Ghazwa-e-Hind has been promised to us. Your day of reckoning will happen. That is a divine promise!***
So you consider accepting refugees is ”paying a price”.
Then Europe is ”paying a price” for all the Arab/Africans seeking refuge in Europe.
All of Europe would take up arms against the Evil Somalians and kill them.
Has not happened yet.

Actually you are quite wrong. :)

This is today's article :

There are protests across other parts of Europe.

From France from October :

But our NATO propagandists here from Europe like @Vergennes ( from France, with a "We lub Zelensky" flag ), @Ali_Baba ( from Britain ) and @Viet ( from Germany ) won't tell you all this.

But so nice to come to post on this thread after a long time and seeing it flooded by North Atlantic Terrorist Organization propaganda, lies and inhumanity.
The UK misery with food shortage has much to do with stupid Brexit. The war just adds more pain into the misery.
Please tell the dumb spy Putin if he stops the killing then everything would be better.

The UK misery with food shortage has much to do with stupid Brexit. The war just adds more pain into the misery. Please tell the dumb spy Putin to stop the killing then everything would be better.

I didn't know France, Germany and rest of Europe were part of Greater Britain. :lol:

So you consider accepting refugees is ”paying a price”.
Then Europe is ”paying a price” for all the Arab/Africans seeking refuge in Europe.
All of Europe would take up arms against the Evil Somalians and kill them.
Has not happened yet.

You effing dumbo, no African or Arab is taking over a whole territory of Europe and declaring it as their own due to some made-up sh-t charge they have in their "bible". You can tell them to go home any moment or remove them, and they'll leave. You can't even compare the two.

Guys, don't quote me if you're this much dumb.

A big surprise and in the most dangerous confession from the commander of the Joint Operational Staff and the Ukrainian ground forces Olexander Syrskyi the holder of the Hero of Ukraine award and the only active service ranking general with the rank of Colobel-General: The Russian armed forces are overwhelming the AFU.. and the defeat will be with very dire losses.. he also said that anyone who ignores the power of the Russian forces and the Russian army will suffer a huge defeat.. since the AFR is far from being weak..

Last edited:
Belarus joining will have a 2 day war, we have already seen they are no great shakes and i do not think the Belarussian people will stand for it, they despise Lukashenko anyway, it won't need much of an excuse for the military and population to turn on him, he knows this.

Dude, a bunch of word, and you are talking about how it "May" or "Should" have been.

I don't really care about how much Moscow wanted to boost Artic Fleet or how much Russian going to expand their artic EEZ. The bottom line is

YOU CANNOT INSURE AGAINST YOUR OWN COUNTRY FLAGGED SHIP.

It's like when there is an accident like Ever Given, the authority of the party that was damaged cannot sue you because you will be handling your own case.... That's because you are your own insurer.

This have nothing to do with money, power, or anything, this is about BUSINESS PRACTICES. Again, go and try to buy a house without an escrow, see if anyone willing to sell you one??

Just exactly how stupid were you??

You're just dancing around the facts that I've lied out.

First, Russian vessels could carry 70-80% of its total seaborne crude cargo.

Second, Russia instrumentalized its own insurance companies, including the Russian National Reinsurance Company (RNRC) and IPJSC Ingosstrakh, the country’s fourth-largest general insurer.

Third, due to its favorable geographical situation, Russia has built pipelines that can carry most of their energy deliveries to Asia, particularly to China.

Fourth, Russia is building a new arctic fleet that is made of new "153 new ships, including 12 icebreakers." At least 12 of these ice breakers are already delivering crude oil to China, and the territory that they're using is completely outside of US control.

Now, go ahead and tell us how the sanctions through P&I can hurt Russia when they're already well-prepared and developed the means to bypass it. You can go back in circles and explain on how ships and cargoes are insured, but if the country that is sanctioned is not relying on P&I services and it already have its own fleet and pipelines that are delivering the goods to its final destination, the damage that can be caused by the P&I will be manageable.

A case study that you can easily look at is how Iran and Venezuela defeated the P&I insurance sanctions. All that they have done was they insured their own fleet and the cargo, and where some ports were complying with Western sanctions, they developed elaborate ways of hiding the origins of the cargo.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom