What's new

Russia Claims to Build an Aircraft Carrier for Indian Navy

Do you have any source for this claim (India) ?

tumblr_o3dt5qe0j91tjfjuco1_540.png

http://in.one.un.org/img/uploads/India_and_the_MDGs.pdf
India, China Played Central Role in Global Poverty Reduction: United Nations

If you have the time it is worth going through the entire 32 page document.

They are all one and the same, sweet and dear Michael. I suppose you should try to examine the greater picture, importantly, study Indian strategic affairs, India's future geostrategic goals. Trust me, it is not to be a 'junior partner' of the United States or the EU. India will aim to forge its own future as a leader in the Asian Paradigm. I believe that dialogue with China and other strategic states is essential for India's quest for national introspection.

Well, that's up to Indian political establishment to decide, not us on PDF. We common civilians can just make observations,analysis and hope things happen the way we wish. However, politicians are the ones to decide and shape their country's foreign policy. In this regard, it's funny to see you rant about the need for India to challenge the west and unite Asia. loool Even Indians themselves know their country have no major issues or disputes with western powers. We can all see threads on here who India's political establishment,media and public consider their main threat. I don't need to name these countries since its obvious to everybody. Again this has nothing to do with the west.
Don't act like some funny Islamist in the middle east who drag the west into every little issues/disputes they have among themselves and their neighbors. lol That's an old music to us, heard it so many times:'Blaming others but never yourselves' :lol:

i have respect for your space program. I think its helpful. But an aircraft carrier? I dont think so.
You can only grow so much before you become a target for predatory nations. Weakness itself invites conflict and instability, if India is truly going to get out of poverty it will need to do so by protecting its interests. History is littered with examples, do you think any devloped nation today became devloped without a strong military? Every single global superpower to have ever existed has done so because they had significant conventional military power to firther their ends.

If anyone thinks India can eliminate poverty fully without signficant military resources they are being intentionally ignorant of history and applying some uptopian and unrealistic expectations on a developing nation.

Well, that's up to Indian political establishment to decide, not us on PDF. We common civilians can just make observations,analysis and hope things happen the way we wish. However, politicians are the ones to decide and shape their country's foreign policy. In this regard, it's funny to see you rant about the need for India to challenge the west and unite Asia. loool Even Indians themselves know their country have no major issues or disputes with western powers. We can all see threads on here who India's political establishment,media and public consider their main threat. I don't need to name these countries since its obvious to everybody. Again this has nothing to do with the west.

Michael, do you know that India's Navy can decimate the RN, right now?

Utterly decimate her.

Imagine, Michael, they can do that, while still being a developing power.

Imagine their power say 50 years from now?

I would encourage you to study India's war against Portugal to seize Goa --- as a case basis and point of reflection -- to measure India's resolve.

Don't act like some funny Islamist in the middle east who drag the west into every little issues/disputes they have among themselves and their neighbors. lol That's an old music to us, heard it so many times:'Blaming others but never yourselves' :lol:

It has nothing to do with islamist, hinduist, et al. Its just geostrategic conjecturing, Michael.

I will read it. Although I know when we have our desi battles we flings things at each other but I think South Asia needs to sort poverty issue out. Of course your point about the carriers has merit and does not by definition go against fighting poverty. I am well aware that Sikh Punjab in India is doing very well. I think in Pakistan all of the north is doing well but south east on the Rajasthan border is in bad shape. Anyway read this:-

‘But it still remains home to one quarter of global underfed population’

India has halved its incidence of extreme poverty, from 49.4 per cent in 1994 to 24.7 per cent in 2011, ahead of the 2015 deadline set by the U.N,, shows the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) Report, 2015, released on Tuesday.

The report set the limit for extreme poverty as those living on $1.25 or less a day. The reduction in poverty is still less than that achieved by several of India’s poorer neighbours. Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh have each outstripped India in poverty reduction.

Source > Millennium Development Goals Report 2015: India on track in reducing poverty - The Hindu

Michael, do you know that India's Navy can decimate the RN, right now?

Utterly decimate her.

Imagine, Michael, they can do that, while still being a developing power.

Imagine their power say 50 years from now?

I would encourage you to study India's war against Portugal to seize Goa --- as a case basis and point of reflection -- to measure India's resolve.

It has nothing to do with islamist, hinduist, et al. Its just geostrategic conjecturing, Michael.

What are you even on about bro?? I'm lost.:sick:

You avoided the points i made and deliberately started talking about some imaginary situation OUT OF NOWHERE. I'm confused now.:what:
Seriously seems to me your account was hacked or something, since i can't believe you can make such a Off topic troll post. I expect such trolling from some funny members here not you.
So i wont even waste my time on this useless issue. :pop:

@Nihonjin1051 Not very diplomatic language. Are you in Samurai mode today lol ... ?
Nope, he is just a guy who seems to have lost his way. Since he seems to think wishful thinking or hope will change the way countries carry out their foreign policy, interests and forge their alliances. Too much dreaming/wishful thinking makes one forget reality. :angel::lol:

Nope, he is just a guy who seems to have lost his way. Since he seems to think wishful thinking or hope will change the way countries carry out their foreign policy, interests and forge their alliances. Too much dreaming/wishful thinking makes one forget reality. :angel::lol:

Michael, entertain my conjectures in the future.

What are you even on about bro?? I'm lost.:sick:

You avoided the points i made and deliberately started talking about some imaginary situation OUT OF NOWHERE. I'm confused now.:what:
Seriously seems to me your account was hacked or something, since i can't believe you can make such a Off topic troll post. I expect such trolling from some funny members here not you.
So i wont even waste my time on this useless issue. :pop:

Is this British denialism? ;)

Have a carrier, don't have a carrier is your business but don't use Pakistan as excuse. India is nearly 1,300 million toward 195 million Pakistan. That make's Pakistan a tiny country up against giant India. To suggest Pak flags over India is like saying wolf will swallow elephant. Is that the confidence you have in 1,300 million of your people. Are they insects?

The exact comparison is saying tiny Tunisia will overrun Italy. Both have about 6.5 times differntial. Pak Navy is tiny and even then mostly composed of submarines as defence against the huge Indian Navy. So stop using Pak as excuse.

Source: Russia Claims to Build an Aircraft Carrier for Indian Navy | Page 6
Tell that to your population. Policy in Pakistan since its inception was to be an equal to India. And i'm not going to teach someone history or politics. As i've said before, to many members on this forum. Take a class in political sciences. Because your science is wrong.

Tell that to your population. Policy in Pakistan since its inception was to be an equal to India. And i'm not going to teach someone history or politics. As i've said before, to many members on this forum. Take a class in political sciences. Because your science is wrong.

Sonny less try to equal the more. Never heard of more trying to equal the less. By saying India is getting this carrier because of fear that Pak is going to overrun India like a poster here alluded to "flag over Red Fort" does not befit a huge country of 1.3 billion.

The primary thing which the western members here are failing to see is the use of Aircraft carriers. India do not intend to use its aircraft carriers as does the west and NATO, neither they are similar.

Aircraft carrier is not always meant to project power but in India's case they will ensure India has upto 4 squadrons of fighter jets ( when INS Vikrant is commissioned) at seas ready to defend India's big value ships. 4 Squadrons of aircraft at sea will mean a kind of secondary strike capability, meaning the enemy can always attack our bases on land , and may be even cause them not to work, but what about squadrons floating at sea?

Two 45k ton aircraft carrier in Arabian sea will mean in case of a conflict Pakistani airforce won't be able to attack or strike deep south. It gives us much flexibility .

We need to get this into our brain that , " WITHOUT AIRCRAFT CARRIERS IN OUR NAVY, IN CASE OF A CONFLICT WE WILL HAVE LEFT WITH NO POORS TO TAKE CARE OFF".

And we are spending just 12 billion dollars on new aqusitions . That's just too less.

As for west not being a threat to India.

Mind you USA, UK, ITALY, etc, etc..... India learnt her lessons well in 1971.

Well, i suppose the Indians have their motives: Akhand Bharat.

India is a potential super power, and a nation with tremendous weight.

I suppose it would be ludicrous for us to underestimate their national spirit and...will.

lol are you serious japanese do you think we Indians cant get your sarcasm with your white buddies? you think we Indians are some sub human compared to your superior japanese,
read something about Mauryas and learn how capable India can be for most of human history India was No-1 economy, specially before 1000 AD there was no parallel of India,
we have resisted attacks for almost 1000 years now still our civilization and way of life continues, India is still 85% dharmic and UNITED, once your master USA dumps you and leave you helpless in front of chinese guess where your superior japs will come crying.
Stupid racist. And tell me how it burns inside your racist head when your see Gautam Budh<Indian's> temples in your island haha

EcoHistoryMajorPowers-062012.gif

I agree but for us europeans critical discussion is normal. For them its always an attack. In the end they decide what they do.

go away and give these lectures somewhere else,
you Europeans were living on trees when Indian were developing complex surgeries and medicine.

This is all because of last 200-300 years you guys looted Asia when major countries like India or China were in turmoil,
better ask your govt. to give all the looted wealth of colonies then start lecturing stupid things on military forums.

India was on peak of human civilization for most of her history and slowly getting her status back and all you filthy europeans can do it cry.

That would make us still 10 times richer than middle class indian.

Why do you think is india covered by such extreme poverty? And why is this not an issue for your regime there?

Go wash you a$$ with some water before you try to give lecture filthy ppl.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom