What's new

Royal Moroccan Armed Forces

The M.E is an exception , with the presence of Israel in the area ...
But as I said, Morocco has fairly strong relationships with people who mean, to be able to buy reliable military equipment
It is my opinion , and Allah ou a3lam .

We have different opinions regarding western Equipment, but in my opnion it would be good choice for Marocco to order Amur 1650 Submarines to counter the Threat from Spanish Navy !

@Babur Han : If we buy a submarine, 90 percent it will be Russian made. In addition, Lavrov will do a visit to Morocco at the end of the year, and according to a Russian newspaper, he will meet directly with the King, so maybe military contracts, hope .

@Babur Han : If we buy a submarine, 90 percent it will be Russian made. In addition, Lavrov will do a visit to Morocco at the end of the year, and according to a Russian newspaper, he will meet directly with the King, so maybe military contracts, hope .

Can Marocco Produce Ships or Submarines in License ?

No I do not think there is a political will for the moment to develop a defense industry in Morocco.
Even public opinion will be skeptic, because a focus on defense industry while there is still progress to be done in the social, economic fields ... better to avoid project like this

Spending in Defence can become more important in next Time, especially when the Threat of a Confrontation with Spain is emerging in the Issue of Oil Exploration ! Marocco need far more modern weapon Systems from reliable Supplier, Turkey is the best choice:sniper: !

The FREMM odered by RMN is an ASW Variant I've read, are they also equippt with Aster 15/30 like the french ?

The FREMM odered by RMN is an ASW Variant I've read, are they also equippt with Aster 15/30 like the french ?

Yes ASW variant . The French FREMM is identical to the Moroccan, except that the Moroccan FREMM lacks the SCALP missile, so yes she is equiped with 16 Aster 15 missiles , 76 mm guns , 8 MM40 Exocet anti-ship missiles Block3, MU90 torpedoes and a helicopter .
Herakles multifunction radar, two jammers, a hull-mounted sonar and a towed sonar .

d206f72a-dcfc-493b-83b8-92305253aa30.jpg

fremm1.gif

I think RMN is strongly foccussing on buliding up it's ASW Capabillities and I think Sigma Class will supplement FREMM in this Role ! In Long Term I see a need that RMN should it Anti - Air Warfare Capabillity !

What is the difference between Morrocan bought two types of Sigma covette? I mean the equipment, as it is obvious one is larger than the other.

No RPG-7 variant has achieved a confirmed kill against any M1 variant in any operational theater. The closest one got is when an RPG-7 hit to its exhaust grill deemed it nonoperational (not killed). The crew survived and were evacuated and then the M1 was taken out by friendly fire (several shots from another Abrams and then a Maverick). The only other incident is when a hit caused an internal fire (although the projectile itself didn't penetrate) which totaled the Abrams, but again the crew survived. Teething problems were later fixed on all M1 variants.

Lets put it this way, the number of Abrams taken out by projectiles of any variant can be counted on your fingers. The only real killer of tanks in Iraq was overkill IED's. The M1's (even the "first generation") are far better than any Soviet tank and far better than anything Algeria has. Any actual tank expert can attest to that. All you have is an upgrade of a really bad tank the T-72.

Wrong, and wrong. Provide one shred of evidence that backs anything you just wrote up. Just one.

Yes, that is a weakness.

Egypt has a total of 35 AH-64D B-II helicopters with 10 more to be delivered including the Longbow Radar. Israel has 42 AH-64A B-I helicopters plus three AH-64D B-II with the Longbow Radars. No one yet, not even the US have the AH-64E B-III. Seriously, you have no idea what you're talking about.

According to who?

The majority of our artillery isn't even used, Just stuck in storage.

One article has influenced your entire view of the Egyptian Armed Forces?

Tell me did this article have any primary research on it?

The mistake you're making is comparing Iraq and Libya with Egypt. The Egyptian military of 1973 could of drummed up Gaddafis forces in 2011.

Dude, I thought you knew what you were talking about, however, you have proved me wrong.

T-72 is indeed not good, but I think T-90SA is comparable to M1A1.

What is the difference between Morrocan bought two types of Sigma covette? I mean the equipment, as it is obvious one is larger than the other.

I think you mean the FREMM ? Marocco operates three Sigma Class Corvettes and one FREMM, both Types of Warships can conduct ASW Missions.

Yes but still Morocco should have at least 4 Submarines and they should get more war ships as well as fighter jets

Submarines will be very important and pose a great Threat for an enemy Force, they should have AIP Propulsion and equippt with Sub launched AShM's. Marocco could also need stealthy Fast Attack Craft, here they can go for a turkish Onuk MRTP-44, with a CMS based on GENESIS and ATMACA SSM !

onuk_3.png

Back
Top Bottom