What's new

Royal Moroccan Armed Forces

This Numbers of Weapons will not be realistic because of financial Restrictions, Morocco should rather invest in AWACS System like ERIEYE, moernisation of short and medium Air Defence and also Purchase High Altitude long Range SAM Systems. Frigates with limited Area Air Defence Capabillity could be good Suplement to ASW Capable Corvettes and FREMM, also a certain Number of high Speed Fast Attack Missile Crafts and up to 4 Submarines !

The Land Forces should be eqippt with Short-, medium-, and long Range F&F ATGM for Infantry and mounted on armoured Vehicles. The Tank Units should be Supported by 35 Ton IFV which is equipt with a Unmanned Turret, aa Gun which can fire 30 mm rounds and can Transport up to 9 Infanterist !
Morroco needs to work on its economy Sir other wise North African countries would face soon Europe Sir Morroco needs far more number of Fighter Jets like F-16 at if not above 200 at least between 126 to 180

Morroco needs to work on its economy Sir other wise North African countries would face soon Europe Sir Morroco needs far more number of Fighter Jets like F-16 at if not above 200 at least between 126 to 180

To improve Economy Morocco must also solve Together with it's Neighbor Algeria Conflicts, trade between these both Countries must Increase ! Also education Systems need to be improved !

Algerian Armed forces became very impressive in the last decade and are already modernized to post 2022 and beyond for any neighboring country to match them or surpass them. they have and having state of art air-land and sea equipments, mostly from Russia, but from Germany and others as well, they are really going for the best they can get on the international market. Very impressive indeed, not even Egypt has the SU-30 and SU-34, Mig-29s, S-300, Pantsir and much more, like 6 kilo class Submarines, 4 of them are type 686, plus a big and modern fleet, still modernizing with acquisitions from China and Germany, almost 450 T-90 MBT and much more in all military fields. If the military manning these equipments get advanced training and becomes fluently efficient in their use, then it will be considered a very strong armed forces by all means, mostly with the integration of the three components of their armed forces.
The Moroccan Military is not that impressive, but it has impressive friends it can count on, and might join the GCC union. Apart from the fact that it is looking for natural resources, that have a big potential of being found dew to the different geologies in that country, natural gas should be found in the Sahara, after the political decision is reached with Algeria, that should in my opinion let go of the Sahara that belongs to morocco (See UN papers presented by morocco), if they want to show any good faith, and that they like their bothers and neighbors in Morocco, at the same time the people from Polisario should chose where to live, either in Morocco inside or in the Sahara, or Algeria, because no sane person will allow 200 000 Polisario people of taking a country the size of Morocco that has a 35 million population. It play at the advantage of Algeria who already has a huge desert and will give it a view on the Atlantic ocean, I think this is the main purpose of backing the Polisario apart from some ideological alibis.

I have seen some Algerians and turks arguing with a Moroccan guy in this thread about The History of Morocco, I want to point out, since I have studied the history of that country that exists for more than 3000 years, that they had queens running the North and south of the country hundreds of years before Islam , that is over 2000 years of history, Algeria too had some shamanic tribes like that. The fact the the Ottoman Empire stopped at the doors of Morocco is because at that time Morocco had a very strong army of more than 500 000 Muslim soldiers under the command of a Muslim king, so there was no point for the Muslim armies of the ottoman empire to take morocco, they have just completed their invasions to reach this very strong Muslim force, that preceded them.

My own vision in sha'a Allah is to see them united, from there to Irak. It will be great for their economies, their people and their armed forces. That will form a formidable block of nations sharing the same language, the same culture despite very minor differences and the same religion. They should keep their national autonomy, in a bigger setting federation-like including Iran and Turkey that can choose between Blocks. Than you will have The Afghanistan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh and all the Muslim states in Asia to form another block based on common denominators like the Arab one, with too confederations, working on common standards in industry, economy and sciences and so on, there will be a small step left to unite the whole Muslim world as a dynamic and important player in the world.
It is quite amazing to see, what a Moroccan and Algerian good relation can bring to the whole Arab world, not to mention the whole Muslim world, and the world in general.

Last edited:
@The SC
I have seen some Algerians and turks arguing with a Moroccan guy in this thread about The History of Morocco, I want to point out, since I have studied the history of that country that exists for more than 3000 years, that they had queens running the North and south of the country hundreds of years before Islam , that is over 2000 years of history, Algeria too had some shamanic tribes like that. The fact the the Ottoman Empire stopped at the doors of Morocco is because at that time Morocco had a very strong army of more than 500 000 Muslim soldiers under the command of a Muslim king, so there was no point for the Muslim armies of the ottoman empire to take morocco, they have just completed their invasions to reach this very strong Muslim force, that preceded them.
There is 3 inaccuracies that I like to point out:
1- Morocco has never ruled the Western Sahara...In fact he has never ruled past TAN TAN until the French moved in..
Western Sahara was occupied by Morocco when the Spanish troops left the area..Sahrawis were already fighting the Spaniard. All the the historical theories presented by Morocco on her claim to that territories was rejected by the international court of the Hague. For your information, Morocco also claimed Mauretania and Senegal! It took Morocco more than a decade to recognize Mauretania a sovereign state.
2-Algeria has never claimed that area or has a claim on it. To say that it will give Algeria a door to the Atlantic, was a ludicrous statement.
3. The Ottoman Empire did not occupy North Africa and to write that the Ottomans stopped at the Moroccan borders for fears of the latter huge army, is absolutely a tadjine id crap! First of all, it was the Algerian who called upon two known pirates Turc brothers to help them to chase the spaniards who occupied a fort , what is known of amiraute of Algiers now, and blockated the town. It was later whwn Algerian cost was cleared of spaniard, that the connection with the Ottoman empire took place..The Turcs were interested in controlling the mediterranean traffic and the Algerian coast give them ample areas to dock their fleet...to accomplish their plans.

@The SC

There is 3 inaccuracies that I like to point out:
1- Morocco has never ruled the Western Sahara...In fact he has never ruled past TAN TAN until the French moved in..
Western Sahara was occupied by Morocco when the Spanish troops left the area..Sahrawis were already fighting the Spaniard. All the the historical theories presented by Morocco on her claim to that territories was rejected by the international court of the Hague. For your information, Morocco also claimed Mauretania and Senegal! It took Morocco more than a decade to recognize Mauretania a sovereign state.
2-Algeria has never claimed that area or has a claim on it. To say that it will give Algeria a door to the Atlantic, was a ludicrous statement.
3. The Ottoman Empire did not occupy North Africa and to write that the Ottomans stopped at the Moroccan borders for fears of the latter huge army, is absolutely a tadjine id crap! First of all, it was the Algerian who called upon two known pirates Turc brothers to help them to chase the spaniards who occupied a fort , what is known of amiraute of Algiers now, and blockated the town. It was later whwn Algerian cost was cleared of spaniard, that the connection with the Ottoman empire took place..The Turcs were interested in controlling the mediterranean traffic and the Algerian coast give them ample areas to dock their fleet...to accomplish their plans.
Where have you ever seen anyone ruling a piece of desert, Algerian desert is the same but it belongs to algeria!!! , left by France's map making, how come the spaniards could claim the western sahara (from whom)?, do you have any clue?. What is Polisario please? Weren't their leaders going to spanish schools?

There was barbarossa and his brother who controlled the entry to the meditaranean, they were Algerians not turks, they were made (at least barbarossa) an admiral of the ottoman fleet, they could make interdictions to the most powerfull navies in that time. The British navy and the spanish one.

You read me wrong about the ottoman fearing the muslim armies in morroco at that time, you have no answer about joining each other and did not have to fight! or if the ottomans were others than muslims they could not enter morroco with the strenght of its army at that time(look at it in that perspective of that time, 500 000 professional soldiers, defeated very powerful armies of spanish and portuguese kings who have entered Northern Morroco, killed their kings and drowned most of their armies, and lost a king too who was fighting on the frontline.), and a very difficult terrain to manoeuvre in, unlike the rest of north Africa where it is mostly flat terrain. You can find these facts in any serious history book.

So, their are no innacuiracies in my posts, please do not make up things for the fun of it.

Where have you ever seen anyone ruling a piece of desert, Algerian desert is the same but it belongs to algeria!!! , left by France's map making, how come the spaniards could claim the western sahara (from whom)?, do you have any clue?. What is Polisario please? Weren't their leaders going to spanish schools?

There was barbarossa and his brother who controlled the entry to the meditaranean, they were Algerians not turks, they were made (at least barbarossa) an admiral of the ottoman fleet, they could make interdictions to the most powerfull navies in that time. The British navy and the spanish one.

You read me wrong about the ottoman fearing the muslim armies in morroco at that time, you have no answer about joining each other and did not have to fight! or if the ottomans were others than muslims they could not enter morroco with the strenght of its army at that time(look at it in that perspective of that time, 500 000 professional soldiers, defeated very powerful armies of spanish and portuguese kings who have entered Northern Morroco, killed their kings and drowned most of their armies, and lost a king too who was fighting on the frontline.), and a very difficult terrain to manoeuvre in, unlike the rest of north Africa where it is mostly flat terrain. You can find these facts in any serious history book.

So, their are no innacuiracies in my posts, please do not make up things for the fun of it.
I guess the need you to rewrite the north african history. You have realy knocked the ball out of the park.!

I guess the need you to rewrite the north african history. You have realy knocked the ball out of the park.!
No need for that , do your search, I did mine and that what I have found, no need for sarcasm, you stated what you know too, the rest is up to other people who will search and decide for themselves.

No need for that , do your search, I did mine and that what I have found, no need for sarcasm, you stated what you know too, the rest is up to other people who will search and decide for themselves.
I don't need to do any research on the matter...Its Algerian history..We lived it.. You are absolutely wrong!

Unconfirmed news:
Spanish intelligence said that Morocco bought one type 209/1100 submarine from Germany for 500 $ million.

Russia proposed its submarines, mostly the Amur one.

Morocco was interested in the French Andrasta submarine, but... no more news on that.

I think Morocco went with the best possible choice, at least for one submarine.

@The SC

This News are not new, it's from 2012 were spanish Inteliigence claimed that Morocco has bought a U-209/1100 Submarine !

BTW: It's laugly how fast the Spaniards get concerned, one Submarine does not change the superiority of the spanish armed Forces. For RMN Submarines could allready be a enhancemend of it's Capabillitys and for the first Time to get experience with Submarine, one or two diesel - electric Sumarines are enough ! In the next decade I hope so far that two diesel - electric Submarines will be supplemented by turkish made MILDEN Class with AIP, than Spain would fall in Panic !:sniper:

Morocco’s Submarine Enrages Algeria and Spain
Sunday 4 November 2012 - 23:49
12078.thumbnail.jpg

morocco world news
timthumb.php

By Omar Bihmidine

Morocco World News

Sidi Ifni, Morocco, November 5, 2012

Although it is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, the kingdom has, until now, no submarine.

In its quest to upgrade its equipment and catch up on its regional competitors, Morocco has recently negotiated with Russia and Germany for obtaining new submarines. As reported by the Moroccan daily Al Massae, this news has provoked reactions from neighboring Algeria and Spain.

In this regard, Spanish Intelligence has disclosed the news that Morocco bought a German submarine, brand 209/1100 which bears a negative connotation to the Spanish military and security forces. According to the same source, the news has elicited Algeria to obtain two Russian submarines.

According to Abderhman El Mkaoui, a military expert, “Morocco’s decision to acquire the submarines will culminate in boosting its geo-political standing at the North-African level.”

European sources cited by the daily Al Massae have revealed that Morocco is determined to equip itself with sophisticated arming, and will soon be listed as the fourth African country owning this brand of German submarine. It should be noted that the Moroccan Navy has become a growing and important partner with the U.S. Navy in Europe and Africa.

Morocco's Submarine Enrages Algeria and Spain | Morocco World News

Last edited:
@The SC

This News are not new, it's from 2012 were spanish Inteliigence claimed that Morocco has bought a U-209/1100 Submarine !

BTW: It's laugly how fast the Spaniards get concerned, one Submarine does not change the superiority of the spanish armed Forces. For RMN Submarines could allready be a enhancemend of it's Capabillitys and for the first Time to get experience with Submarine, one or two diesel - electric Sumarines are enough ! In the next decade I hope so far that two diesel - electric Submarines will be supplemented by turkish made MILDEN Class with AIP, than Spain would fall in Panic !:sniper:

Morocco's Submarine Enrages Algeria and Spain | Morocco World News

This, if true, should enrage no one, those are Journalistic technics to attract attention with flashing out titles, since both Algeria and Spain have many soĥisticated and powerful submarines of their own.
Morocco should have at least 4-5 submarines of types like the German 209, or better yet of German/Italian type 212 from Italy.
A combination of both will give Morocco an edge for controlling its long Atlantic shores, with 2 other Subs for the Mediterranean part, so a perfect number will be 8 medium very sophisticated submarines for Morocco as a capable defensive deterrent.

Morocco takes on the Cubic for F-16 Top Gun training
Posted 11 April 2014 · Add Comment

Cubic Defense Systems has been awarded a contract valued at more than $5 million from the U.S. Air Force to supply its P5 Combat Training System (P5CTS) to the Moroccan Air Force.

Morocco will join the United States Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps, along with a number of other air forces, in using the P5CTS to support high-fidelity, TOPGUN-style live and post-mission training.
The P5CTS will be used by Moroccan pilots who fly the recently-delivered F-16 aircraft.
“This contract is a demonstration of our commitment to the air combat readiness of one of the United States’ allies,” said Dave Schmitz, president of Cubic Defense Systems. “Cubic is dedicated to provide and develop best-in-class, cost effective, advanced flight training for pilot mission readiness. All foreign air forces that fly fighter or attack jets or conduct joint exercises and training with the U.S. should have a P5 system to maximize their training capabilities.”
Cubic is the prime contractor responsible for performance in all areas of systems engineering, and for development/integration/installation of the ground instrumentation subsystem. DRS Training & Control Systems, LLC, a subsidiary of DRS Technologies, Inc. is the principal subcontractor responsible for performance of the P5CTS airborne instrumentation subsystem to include design, development, aircraft integration and production.

Arabian Aerospace - Morocco takes on the Cubic for F-16 Top Gun training

Morocco Close to Acquire Russian Submarine, Amid Spanish Concerns
Rue 20 . Rabat

According to some sources, Morocco is approaching to conclude an agreement with Russia to acquire his first military submarine, in a step to develop the kingdom’s naval capacities and strengthens Morocco’s strategic capabilities especially in the Mediterranean. The same sources revealed that such a step would surely awaken his northern neighbour concerns and prove some Spanish analysts worries about Morocco’s growing military capacities during the last decade.

Interviewed on this issue by Hespress, the Moroccan expert in military and strategic affairs Mr Ibrahim Saiidi, said that the Russian “Amur” would be most likely the selected submarine by the Moroccan Royal Navy officials, regarding her high technological performance and great military capacities. The Moroccan expert added that such submarine represent among the new generation of submarines the pride of the Russian military industries. However, on the other hand, Mr Saiidi, recalled that “Amur” can’t in any case be classified among the best submarines in the world, since its rockets attack capabilities are limited if compared to the American “Los Angeles” or the other Russian “Boreil Class”, both capable to launch with high precision, respectively Tomahok or VLS missiles.

Strategically speaking, the acquisition of such submarine by Morocco, can’t better in any case Spain’s military capacities; however, such Moroccan step should urge the Iberian country to devote additional financial charges to maintain Spain’s superiority in the region, which is a very complicated measure a government leading a country through unsteady economic crisis can’t honour.

Morocco Close to Acquire Russian Submarine, Amid Spanish Concerns | Rue20 English

Raytheon awarded contract to supply Morocco with air-to-air missile systems

Written by Oscar Nkala, Sunday, 29 June 2014

raytheon-aim9x-sidewinder.jpg
The US Army has contracted Raytheon to supply two Block II Captive Air Training Missiles (CATM) and two air defence kits to the Royal Moroccan Air Force (RMAF) for training purposes.

According to information posted on the US Federal Business Opportunities register, Raytheon will also supply the RMAF with a spare Advanced Optical Target Detector and assorted tactical guidance equipment.

The deal is part of a $264 million contract that will see Raytheon supply the US and its allies worldwide with 485 AIM-9X Block II Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.

The company will also be supplying an assortment of Block II training missiles, containers, target detectors etc., for delivery by December 2016.

The RMAF has been strengthening its air force with the acquisition of new aircraft and advanced aerial defence systems. Early this year, Raytheon won a contract to produce and supply 11 ACES electronic warfare systems and spares for the governments of Morocco, Egypt and Iraq under the Foreign Military Sale (FMS) programme.

The $70 million contract provided for the development and supply of Advanced Countermeasures Electronic System (ACES), an electronic warfare system used to jam hostile anti-aircraft missiles and anti-aircraft radar targeting systems.

Raytheon awarded contract to supply Morocco with air-to-air missile systems | defenceWeb

Back
Top Bottom