What's new

Rohingya Burmese are acceptable but not stranded Bihari Pakistanis - Shame on GoP

10 crore bhai... 10 billion kahaan se aa gaye...
Ihad meant almost same actually

This is the Land of the Pure; all Muslims are welcome here.

For God's sake dont make such bizzare statements.
Allah ka wasta . This is not out issue those ppl are bengalis. And enougj with this nonsense we are a muslim country we must take every1.
Look at what afgahns have done 2 pakistan.

You do realise that majority of these illegal Bangalis that you speak of are actually Biharis, who migrated to West Pakistan from East Pakistan/Bangladesh right?

You want to kick the "Biharis" you already have out, and bring the stranded "Biharis" ?

I regret, East Pakistan was never created. Then we didnt had to host these Biharis in EP/BD. And Bengalis in Assam, WB and now in Pakistan was not termed illegal. And Rohingya plight never had occurred. No genocide for BD and Kashmir.

Why? Are we not hosting a minimum of 3,000,000 thankless Afghans?
correct that figure shah je it's 7 million now and those who have settled in Baluchistan,and have got CNIC due to chutiypa of kanjar Achkzai they talk about breaking Pakistan...

Bangladesh is the most pathetic county in the region of not the world .. A vessel state of india ... And has no balls when it's "own" people are getting killed in neighbouring myanmar !

Bihari, Assamese, Rohingya Muslims all are ethnic Bengali people. This problem never had occurred if we didnt support the creation of Pakistan. In return got a peanut amount of land which is unsustainable for existing population.

Then surely there would have been no Bangladesh because East Bengali would have been part of Kolkata...

At least these people whom are suffering now because of that could have life.

Indeed could have life... life of dogs, surviving on the Hindu's leftover.

Muslims masquerade as Hindus for India jobs
Facing religious discrimination in the Hindu-dominated job market, many are forced to assume fake identities.

Shaikh Azizur Rahman | 10 Dec 2013 08:25 GMT | India

Capture.JPG

After taking off her silver armband embossed with the word "Allah" in Arabic, Ayesha Begum puts red-and-white conch bangles on her wrists and vermillion powder on her forehead - the signs of a traditional Hindu woman in eastern India.

Begum, a Muslim, changes her appearance every morning before she leaves her home, 50km east of Kolkata, the capital of West Bengal state, where she works as a housekeeper in a private hospital.

"Through the day in the hospital I maintain this Hindu appearance. Everyone there knows me as Hindu and calls me 'Lakshmi' - a popular Hindu moniker," Begum, in her early 30's, told Al Jazeera.

"When I did not succeed in getting a job, I followed the advice of some friends and posed as a Hindu. Soon I landed this job in a hospital."

Hospital officials asked her to get more female housekeepers from her village. "When I told them there were Muslim women who were looking for jobs, they said it would be better if I brought non-Muslim candidates," she said.

Begum's case is not unique. Many Muslims in India complain they face religious discrimination in the country's Hindu-dominated job market. Muslims who have secured jobs pretending to be Hindus are fiercely secretive about their place of work.

Noorjahan Khatoon, 42, who lives in a suburban slum and works as a domestic cook in a Hindu household in a posh Kolkata neighbourhood says none, not even her close relatives know where exactly she is employed.

"My children do not know in which colony I work, let alone the identity of my employer. I don't share any information about my workplace with anyone," said Khatoon, who puts on conch bangles and vermillion powder on the partition of her hair to keep up a Hindu appearance.

"I am sure if my employers learn I am Muslim, I will be fired."

Placement agencies

Muslims posing as Hindus are mostly found in menial jobs in the unorganised sector where worker's identity documents are not usually sought.

Some placement agencies across the country are helping Muslims find jobs in Hindu workplaces by introducing them as Hindus.

Recently, when a domestic helper was found dead at the residence of a Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) member of parliament in New Delhi, police discovered the victim was a Muslim woman from West Bengal working there while wearing Hindu attire.

During interrogation, the manager of a New Delhi-based private placement agency told police he had introduced the woman as a Hindu - and he had done likewise with several other Muslim candidates to get them jobs in the national capital.

Sudhin Bose, who managed a domestic help placement agency in Kolkata until recently, agreed that a good number of Muslims work in the city pretending to be Hindus.

"Nearly all clients in my agency are Hindu and most of them prefer not to employ Muslims," Bose told Al Jazeera.

"More than half the job-seekers our agency placed were Muslims from nearby villages and city slums. Often we introduced them as Hindus to our Hindu clients - and they got the jobs."

"I am sure many placement agencies adopt such secret policies out of mutual interest to help Muslims find jobs in the city," he said.

Religious bias

In 2005, the government appointed the Sachar Commission to investigate whether Muslims were disadvantaged in social, economic and educational terms.

The commission concluded the socio-economic condition of most Muslims was as bad as that of the Dalits, who are at the bottom rung of the Hindu-caste hierarchy, also referred to as the "untouchables."

Ayesha Pervez, who works on minority issues and has authored reports on India's working Muslims, said job-seeking Muslims face the hurdle of discrimination even outside unorganised sectors.

"The discrimination - which is nothing but religious identity-based exclusion - exists in organised government sectors too. In West Bengal, Muslims constitute 27 percent of the population. But their representation in state-government jobs is as low as four percent," Pervez told Al Jazeera.

"Workplace discrimination forces Muslims to adopt fake Hindu identities. Because of this discrimination, most Muslims are unable to upgrade their standard of living."

Widespread prejudice against Muslims also keeps them from living in urban India, Pervez added.

Hostility

Although most agree that anti-Muslim prejudice has long existed in predominantly Hindu Indian society, the situation for Muslims has turned increasingly hostile in several states in the past couple of decades. This is a result of increased aggression of Hindu nationalist organisations, says social activist Ram Puniyani.

Soon after 2002 communal violence in western Gujarat state - when more than 1,000 people, mostly Muslims, were killed in riots - several Hindu organisations launched a propaganda campaign asking Hindus to boycott Muslims in all day-to-day dealings.

"Such a phenomenon leads to fear psychosis amongst the targeted community," said Puniyani, who campaigns in support of communal harmony.

"This feeling of insecurity [among Muslims] is intensified by the increased economic challenges to make both ends meet - with livelihood issues on one hand and a social divisiveness, leading to ghettoisation on the other.

"Such ghettoisation of Muslims in cities like Mumbai and Ahmadabad clearly shows how the mutual trust among communities has vanished. And so the socio-economic enhancement of the minority community has stalled."

Many Muslims say they feel awkward at having to masquerade as Hindus.

"Sometimes I feel I have done something morally wrong by faking a Hindu identity, and have downgraded my own religion," Begum said.

"I shall be very happy if some day I get a good job where I shall be free from this guise."

Muslims masquerade as Hindus for India jobs - Al Jazeera English

Last edited:
Come on man you know i never hated Bengali as some Bengali online claim that Pakistanis hate us but tell me what East Pakistan has gained from 1971 other then 9 million Bengali in search of bread in India(what indians on this forum say about them watch out) and about 1 million prostitutes of Bengali origin in international Market.Now Bdesh is free country just attack Myanmar today you will get huge support from other 57 Muslim countries but India will not allow this because Bdesh will get more area and also some freedom.

GoP is considering settling some 10,000,00 Rohingya Muslims in Karachi, Pakistan. This is a good decision (as if we are not yet done with Afghans). However, what about 3,000,00 Bihari Pakistanis, who after 40 years, are still stranded in Bangladesh and living animal's life and yet no successive governments in Pakistan ever bothered to bring them back home? How shameless and callous people are we that we are willing to take Afghans, we are willing to take millions of illegal Bengalis and Burmese, but we are not willing to bring those Biharis back home who fought alongside Pakistan Army in 1971 against Traitor and blood thirsty Mukti Bahini and invading Indian troops? These stranded Pakistanis lost everything, their lives, their belongings, their honor, and yet we are not willing to budge. Shame on us, millions of times.

View attachment 228251

چوہدری نثار کی زیر صدارت اجلاس، برما میں مسلمانوں کے قتل عام کے واقعات پر غور اسلام آباد (آن لائن) وفاقی وزیر داخلہ چوہدری نثار کی زیر صدارت برما میں مسلمانوں کے قتل عام کے حوالے سے اجلاس منعقد ہوا، جس میں وزیراعظم کے معاون خصوصی طارق فاطمی، مشیر خارجہ سرتاج عزیز نے شرکت کی۔ اجلاس میں میانمر کے صوبہ روہنگیا میں مسلمانوں کے قتل عام کے معاملے کا بغور جائزہ لیا گیا۔ اجلاس میں اس حوالے سے حکمت عملی بھی بنائی گئی۔ واضح رہے کہ وزیراعظم نواز شریف نے روہنگیا میں مسلمانوں کے قتل عام کے حوالے سے کمیٹی بنائی تھی۔ ادھر روہنگیا مسلمانوں کی نسل کشی پر اقوام متحدہ، اوآئی سی اور دیگر عالمی تنظیموں کی خاموشی پر وفاقی حکومت نے کراچی میں مہاجرین کی آبادکاری پر غور شروع کردیا ہے ۔ آن لائن ذرائع کے مطابق وفاقی حکومت صوبائی حکومت کو اس مد میں کیے جانے والے ممکنہ اقدامات سے آگاہ کرے گی۔ کمیٹی سفارشات کے بعد مہاجرین کی کراچی میں آباد کاری کے حوالے سے اقدامات کو حتمی شکل دی جائے گی۔ ذرائع کے مطابق صوبائی حکومت کی جانب سے روہنگیا کے 30 لاکھ میں سے 10 لاکھ مسلمان مہاجرین کی آباد کاری کو پیش نظر رکھتے ہوئے خیمہ بستیاں قائم کی جائیں گی۔ قابل ذکر امر یہ ہے کہ صوبائی حکومت کی جانب سے ممکنہ آبادی کاری کے تحت کیے جانے والے اقدامات کے پیش نظر مہاجرین کے لیے کراچی میں جگہ کی خریداری اور دیگر بنیادی سہولیات کے لیے پی سی ون بھی تیار کیا جارہا ہے ، جس کے لیے وفاقی اور صوبائی حکومت کے علاوہ کراچی کے بڑے کاروباری حضرات سے بھی رابطہ کیا جائے گا۔ -

Roznama Dunya : پاکستان:-کراچی میں روہنگیا مسلمانوں کی آبادکاری پر غور

What are you talkking about?? No Bihari want to go back to Pakistan. 95% already the citizen of Bangladesh

What are you talkking about?? No Bihari want to go back to Pakistan. 95% already the citizen of Bangladesh
Better disinformation attempt next time.

Come on man you know i never hated Bengali as some Bengali online claim that Pakistanis hate us but tell me what East Pakistan has gained from 1971 other then 9 million Bengali in search of bread in India(what indians on this forum say about them watch out) and about 1 million prostitutes of Bengali origin in international Market.Now Bdesh is free country just attack Myanmar today you will get huge support from other 57 Muslim countries but India will not allow this because Bdesh will get more area and also some freedom.
Until 1971, not a single Pakistani Bengali woman was working as 'worker' abroad; Today?

Better disinformation attempt next time.
Your attempt to confuse the mass?
Until 1971, not a single Bengali woman was working as 'worker' abroad; Today?

We want more woman to work abroad. Its not only money but interaction with the outside world will reshape our way of primitive life that most of the sub continent people living in.

Back
Top Bottom