What's new

Response to strike from Pakistan will be massive: IAF chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
im just telling what happened...ofcourse it may not have been jinnah's original idea...may have been some of his advisors who came up with this...but all in all it was a good plan...i only wish nehru was half as cunning as jinnah in regards to foreign policy.......if he had not gone to uno..this kashmir problem would never have existed....well...whats use in talking about missed chances....

Agreed, but the problem will have lingered on with or without UN. We forget Hyderabad, we forgot Junnagadh, we even forgot Calcutta but there is a limit to our ability to over look India's territorial occupation of lands that wished to side with Pakistan.

Right back at you, BTW, if you nuke us, you either screw the middle-east/Russia or yourself, depending on which time of year you choose to nuke us. You get rid of one enemy and make dozens more, sound like a bargain ?
Lol,i hope you know nukes are of various intensities and not all are made up to blow 1000's of Kilometers up!

we will use nuclear weapons only if you use it.

and what you think? you can wipe out India from map? its not that easy.

we also cant wipe out from map.

but everything depends on if. if Pakistan launches first strike using nuclear missiles and bombs only then India will use nuclear weapons in massive second strike.

And india should mark it that if they attack Pakistan we will definitely goes for our lonely nuclear option and our first strike will be in triple figures not double so don’t dream to much…………………..............

i think this thread is pretty stupid ....

if you are the acm...when a reporters keep asking you what will you do when pakistan does this, does that...what will you do..? naturally you will say we will retaliate.....i dont see how this is wrong on the part of the acm...its declared indian policy and the acm is just reiterating that.....

In short.

Nuclear war will be destruction on both sides,more in Pakistan due to its small size.

Now lets have a coffee!:wave:

Lol,i hope you know nukes are of various intensities and not all are made up to blow 1000's of Kilometers up!

Ever heard of a Nuclear Dust cloud ? Travels with the wind ? Brings contamination to where ever it goes ?

Agreed, but the problem will have lingered on with or without UN. We forget Hyderabad, we forgot Junnagadh, we even forgot Calcutta but there is a limit to our ability to over look India's territorial occupation of lands that wished to side with Pakistan.

you had to forget hyderabad, you had to forget junagadh, you had to forget calcultta because they ran contrary to your position on kashmir..."people's choice"...also if you had the military might you would have challenged...you just did not have the resources at that time to do so.......moreover partition and the subsequent land grabbing was never moral in any sense of the word.....both states scrambled for all available lands in south asia and those with power obtained what they desired....there is no use in blaming anyone.....and most of all pakistan must never take any high ground as you just tried...considering how you got balochistan or the frontier and i would not fault jinnah for that........what india , pakistan did was natural in those circumstances.....it was never about any concern for kashmiris...its about the rivers that flow through kashmir that make it so important for pakistan......and thats why jinnah called it jugular vein......

i think its only beneficial to accept what each other have on ground as of today....make them the international border and move on......but then.....when have we been pragmatic when it comes to kashmir......

you had to forget hyderabad, you had to forget junagadh, you had to forget calcultta because they ran contrary to your position on kashmir..."people's choice"....moreover partition and the subsequent land grabbing was never moral in any sense of the word.....both states scrambled for all available lands in south asia and those with power obtained what they desired....there is no use in blaming anyone.....and most of all pakistan must never take any high ground as you just tried...considering how you got balochistan or the frontier and i would not fault jinnah for that........what india , pakistan did was natural in those circumstances.....it was never about any concern for kashmiris...its about the rivers that flow through kashmir that make it so important for pakistan......and thats why jinnah called it jugular vein......

i think its only beneficial to accept what each other have on ground as of today....make them the international border and move on......but then.....

I agree with much of your post but the Balochistan and Frontier part rings bells. Both those areas chose to join Pakistan through open referendum overseen by Britain. Yes, about 23% of Balochistan was granted autonomy under the Khan of Kalat but his brother's actions to incite rebellion among other Baloch areas led to the annexation of the state. And we do care about the Kashmiris, we respect their right to self-determination , which is why we do not call for the territories to simply be handed over to us, we always support a referendum so that the Kashmiris can decide for themselves, who they wish to join, or if they want freedom.

I agree with much of your post but the Balochistan and Frontier part rings bells. Both those areas chose to join Pakistan through open referendum overseen by Britain. Yes, about 23% of Balochistan was granted autonomy under the Khan of Kalat but his brother's actions to incite rebellion among other Baloch areas led to the annexation of the state. And we do care about the Kashmiris, we respect their right to self-determination , which is why we do not call for the territories to simply be handed over to us, we always support a referendum so that the Kashmiris can decide for themselves, who they wish to join, or if they want freedom.

as regards balochistan sufficient credible material with historical references is on net to understand whether the rebellion came first or the invasion of Kalat under Akbar khan came first.....the khan was imprisoned...taken away to karachi and forced to sign the accession after both the houses of baloch leadership rejected the idea of joining with pakistan.....(on the shadows of afghanistan by sleg harrison)......as for frontier...i guess 50.3% voted to join pakistan even after teh nationalists under badshah khan who were dead set against pakistan boycotted the referendum...if they had taken part...well we know what would have happened......but lets not go there as they are past events and there is no use in re-winding the clock......

also i maintain that kashmir was always about the river waters/land and never about the people...it was just an excuse as saying river waters in international fora will never get you any sympathy........im just saying lets forget the past....agree with whatever we have in our hands right now.....and just move on to live as neighbours atleast....even if the time for friends will not happen......you alteast as a security forces man must know that india will never give its part of kashmir ...come what may...and similar is the case of pakistan.....since northern areas are the most important strategic area in the whole of kashmir......

I would like for Pak-India to finish up on past problems and move towards building a better South-East Asia through mutual co-operation and collaboration. However, until Kashmir is settled, which ever way that can be done. This nation will not get past it, and as long as they can't get past it. I can't get past it. Dialogue is the only way forward, we offered them arms, intel and training in 65, it's no secret how that went. Military solution to the issue is out of the question. Dialogue is the only way forward.

So kinda puts to rest the debate about whether a tactical nuclear strike by Pakistan will trigger a full blown Nuclear war with city busters or not..
I thought he was responding to the news of the 'addition of 24 missiles with ranges of 700KM to 100KM' - these missiles would not be used for 'Tactical strikes'. The Hatf IX series is the missile expected to be used with tactical nukes, and the extremely short range of that particular missile series would suggest the use of tactical nukes on Pakistani soil against advancing Indian forces.

I would like for Pak-India to finish up on past problems and move towards building a better South-East Asia through mutual co-operation and collaboration. However, until Kashmir is settled, which ever way that can be done. This nation will not get past it, and as long as they can't get past it. I can't get past it. Dialogue is the only way forward, we offered them arms, intel and training in 65, it's no secret how that went. Military solution to the issue is out of the question. Dialogue is the only way forward.

why does Pakistan accept that the present LOC be made as international border, both of us can sit there at ease.

Well, since the IAF Chief has stated that 'massive response' will follow a Pakistani first strike, Pakistan might as well make that 'first strike' a massive one ...

Yes but the Problem is that India due to is larger territorial expanse would have significant resources left after the Pakistani Strike.

Well, since the IAF Chief has stated that 'massive response' will follow a Pakistani first strike, Pakistan might as well make that 'first strike' a massive one ...

the first strike can be a massive one, but why provoke and get destroyed on both front, are your forces so sure that they can take out our Nuclear missiles hidden is silos during your first strike, why would people call on droping N weapons, do you think US or Russia will come to our aid after such a houlocast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom