What's new

Response to strike from Pakistan will be massive: IAF chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly my point, if press asks questions about war, it will not be a peaceful response.

e.g. if someone ask you what will you do if slapped, there is no way you can respond differently.

so put this in perspective.

According to Gandhi- you should present the second cheek :lol:-

India vows violent response in case of n-attack

Even as India and Pakistan began talks on a warm note here, the Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Tuesday warned of an "absolutely violent, hard and harsh" response in case of a nuclear attack.

IAF chief P.V. Naik, who is India's most senior serving military officer, made the statement after Pakistan tested its Nasr nuclear-capable tactical missile.

Naik said in his farewell press conference here that India's nuclear doctrine, propounded at the beginning of this century, clearly calls for a "heavy" response. Naik retires July 31.

Nasr, a short-range surface-to-surface missile, as described by some strategic affairs experts as a "game changer" in case of an India-Pakistan conflict.

"Our nuclear policy of no-first-use... it says no use of nuclear weapons against non-nuclear weapon states. It also talks about very heavy response in case of a nuclear attack on our soil... retaliatory and very hard and harsh response... Our policy talks about that.

"Tactical or strategic, it (Nasr) is a nuclear weapon. So obviously, our response will be absolutely violent, as per our existing policy. So I do not think it is a great game changer," Naik said in response to a question on the Pakistani missile.

On reports of Pakistan amassing a nuclear arsenal and gaining an upper hand vis-a-vis India in a few years, Naik said he was "not worried" over such claims. He did not explain why.

Naik will be succeeded by Air Marshal N.A.K. Browne, in the rank of air chief marshal, currently the IAF vice chief.

Also Tuesday, Pakistan's new Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar flew into India saying she hoped New Delhi and Islamabad could move forward as "good, friendly neigbours".

"I hope we can move forward as good, friendly neighbours who have stake in each other's future. Both the countries understand their responsibilities to the region and within the region," she said.

The Pioneer :: Home : >> Indias response during nuke attack will be heavy IAF

we will use nuclear weapons only if you use it.

and what you think? you can wipe out India from map? its not that easy.

we also cant wipe out from map.

but everything depends on if. if Pakistan launches first strike using nuclear missiles and bombs only then India will use nuclear weapons in massive second strike.

thats what you are not understanding my enemy :)

distance b/w Pakistan and india is very less and one nation needs to make a decision in seconds... so anything in-coming will be treated as nuke , there is no Ifs and Buts in it ... before they hit our ground they will be taken as nukes coming in ... we will not wait for them to hit our ground and see IFs its nuke or non-nuke ...

Our response to anything coming-in will be treated as nuke as there is no time to differentiate b/w two :) so response will be in the shape of things which wont left you with a option of second strike ... our first one will make sure that nothing left on your side... we will hit everything which can move on your side ...

Ah cannot undo my thanks to this post.
Well this is what India can say at most.. response to strike would be massive but who's gona count the cost of initial and second strike on india? Hope some minds will be thinking atleast.

Without being provoked? Provocations are not traded like local bullies or on telephones but via media mouth pieces as well. Air Chief has given fitting answer to media reports intentionally leaked by PA (which is always the trend with PN otherwise they always keep it disclosed).

Pak plans to add 24 nuclear-capable missiles to its arsenal
]PTI | 02:07 PM,Jul 25,2011
Rezaul H Laskar Islamabad, Jul 25 (PTI) Pakistan plans to add 24 nuclear-capable, short-range missiles capable of hitting all major Indian cities to its arsenal this year, reflecting a urge in the security establishment to seek "strategic parity in the region", according to a media report today.This will be the highest number of missiles Pakistan has ever produced in a year if the government achieves the target, The Express Tribune newspaper quoted its sources as saying.The air-to-air and surface-to-air missiles will be able to hit targets at a distance between 700 km and 1,000 km, thus putting nearly all major Indian cities within their range, the report claimed.The plan is in line with Pakistan's official policy of having what is rhetorically called "maintaining a minimum deterrence", especially against India, the daily quoted sources as saying.The Strategic Plans Division (SPD) � the body that oversees Pakistan's nuclear arsenal � is supervising the production of the new missiles.The SPD works under the National Command Authority, which is nominally headed by the Prime Minister and has the three service chiefs as its members.At a recent meeting of the NCA, the SPD briefed authorities about its plan envisaging the production of the highest number of missiles in a year. (more) PTI RHL AKD

Now stop ridding high moral horse.

Well said Air Chief, right on the buck and pretty quick too.

thats what you are not understanding my enemy :)

distance b/w Pakistan and india is very less and one nation needs to make a decision in seconds... so anything in-coming will be treated as nuke , there is no Ifs and Buts in it ... before they hit our ground they will be taken as nukes coming in ... we will not wait for them to hit our ground and see IFs its nuke or non-nuke ...

Our response to anything coming-in will be treated as nuke as there is no time to differentiate b/w two :) so response will be in the shape of things which wont left you with a option of second strike ... our first one will make sure that nothing left on your side... we will hit everything which can move on your side ...

but we have ABM systems under tests which will be operational soon. so dont worry

but we have ABM systems under tests which will be operational soon. so dont worry

so why your air chief is so concerned about Pakistani missiles?- he should relax drink coffee-

Is the air chief really that desperate to make the bharatis breathe uranium (at least the ones that live) and eat iodine tablets for the rest of their lives?

lol typical indian who said we will invade india , its indians who think they will do first strike on Pakistan and Pakistan cant do that back :)

I'm sorry but history says something else. :)

1947 - Operation Gulmarg
Indo-Pakistani War of 1947 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1965 - Operation Gibraltar
Operation Gibraltar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1971 - Operation Chengiz Khan
Operation Chengiz Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1999 - Operation Badr
Kargil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are all pre-emptive strikes or infiltrations carried out by Pakistan first. in ALL of the wars. :)

So ? Where's the argument here ? We would expect nothing less from India. If we start a war then we expect that we will have something thrown back at us. It's just stating the obvious:
"Hey, if you poke my eye, it will hurt"

I'm sorry but history says something else. :)

1947 - Operation Gulmarg
Indo-Pakistani War of 1947 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1965 - Operation Gibraltar
Operation Gibraltar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1971 - Operation Chengiz Khan
Operation Chengiz Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1999 - Operation Badr
Kargil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These are all pre-emptive strikes or infiltrations carried out by Pakistan first. in ALL of the wars. :)

1947: Pathans attack Kashmir, India moves troops into Kashmir, then Pakistan moves troops against India.
1965: Our bad.
1971: India already funding and actively training Mukti Bahini, 0.5 million troops already at the borders of East Pakistan. Op Chingez Khan was a diversion not a pre-emptive strike.
1999: Our bad.

I would say our history of instigation is pretty much balanced.

Is the air chief really that desperate to make the bharatis breathe uranium (at least the ones that live) and eat iodine tablets for the rest of their lives?
I like it,you got nothing but still talk about battling out with 'n' times bigger enemy.

So ? Where's the argument here ? We would expect nothing less from India. If we start a war then we expect that we will have something thrown back at us. It's just stating the obvious:
"Hey, if you poke my eye, it will hurt"

Well yes Sir,very commendable indeed but ,and there is always this abominable but when it comes to Pakistan,we shall pay it back if we get attacked. That is the main thing. We have always suffered at the hands of Pakistan. It has become a rule that Pakistan has to disturb us then we have to get disturbed then we have to condemn then we fall silent and wait for another Pakistan supported terrorist attack. Why do we have to say "Dare not slap me. I shall slap you back " We will have to carry out a massive strike to avenge the blood of our innocent brothers,sons,daughters and mothers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom