What's new

Religion first or your country

Religion first or your country

• Country

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • Religion

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters
Honestly If I was born a Hindu, I would be putting country first too... But Because I am Muslim, countries come and go, religion is here to stay.

You could believe in something today, and change your mind in a few years. But a Turk will always be a Turk.

You can't change your family, you can't change your nation, you can't change your blood. And that's what makes you you.

If your brother doesn't believe in Islam anymore, he's still your brother.

Blut & Ehre
I think your comment showcases the essential difference. For most people their nationality takes precedence over faith. For some, mostly Muslims (but not all; there are Christians and Jews who value faith over nationality), it is the other way around. One thing I have noticed in U.S., it may just be the circle of people I know, most Muslims are somewhat to mostly 'secular' in the sense that they take Islam fairly lightly. Let's say "Dr. Oz" Muslim. It may be heavily biased by the fact that they are all well educated professionals and education tends to blunt intensity of faith due to the mental habit of skepticism it inculcates.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Also if you dont have a country of your own where exactly do you intend to practise your religion?

I think your comment showcases the essential difference. For most people their nationality takes precedence over faith. For some, mostly Muslims (but not all; there are Christians and Jews who value faith over nationality), it is the other way around. One thing I have noticed in U.S., it may just be the circle of people I know, most Muslims are somewhat to mostly 'secular' in the sense that they take Islam fairly lightly. Let's say "Dr. Oz" Muslim. It may be heavily biased by the fact that they are all well educated professionals and education tends to blunt intensity of faith due to the mental habit of skepticism it inculcates.
In this modern world people are constantly bombarded by the message that race doesn't matter, ethnicity or nationality doesn't matter. We're all just one big heap of garbage.

This is done very consciously to disarm and brainwash people and sadly, it works on a lot of people.

In this modern world people are constantly bombarded by the message that race doesn't matter, ethnicity or nationality doesn't matter. We're all just one big heap of garbage.

This is done very consciously to disarm and brainwash people and sadly, it works on a lot of people.

It is true but not in the context that the elite is peddling.

Religious Identity is always above any other identity for me and should be for every Muslim. Borders change. Islam doesn't

Also bharatis saying in that video that they put country above religion are bullshitting like any other thing linked to India. Complete BS

Islam kay naam par logo ko jazbati karnay ka time chala gaya hay.

I can't comprehend people with a straight face can argue for secularism knowing fully well how it's all working out next door in India. If secularism is the panacea that they claim it to be then why even create Pakistan in the first place, we would all been much better off staying put in united India.

India is not secular. It is hinduvita.

Reason for Pakistan's existence, a safe haven for the minorities of the sub continent from the Hindus. A much grander purpose than religon. You do that in your home however you want.

Where is Country ?

There is only JANRAIL Raj

Fair Election and Governance exist , then talk about country

Country is formally suspended since March 2022

Due to JANRAIL Raj conspiracy

This is a stupid question to start with. It's like asking, "Are you bald or tall?". One can be bald and tall at the same time.

Islam is a complete way of life.
Many of us are forced to settle overseas due to the many factors back in our origin country.

So Islam first. And we got advantage that its created as a muslim state, supposed to be shariah-ruled (inshAllah)

But anywhere we go, its our deen first and foremost. Everything else comes after. Topmost priority is Allah swt.

If this question is posed in India, the answer will almost always be 'India first', because this question is always loaded and never without a context. Hindus think Muslims will answer 'Islam first' and therefore they need to have an opposite stance. Muslims know this is a test of patriotism so they will also answer 'India first'.

I can't comprehend people with a straight face can argue for secularism knowing fully well how it's all working out next door in India. If secularism is the panacea that they claim it to be then why even create Pakistan in the first place, we would all been much better off staying put in united India.
^^^

Literally no point for Pakistan if you want to turn everyone into a whisky drinking, Bollywood mujra dancing, transgender supporting, sex-positive, radical feminist, man hating, LGBT-positive society.

Eventually this same society will turn on it's own Muslims as observed globally, especially next door, because the lifestyle and values are contradicting.

There is no logic in this and you'd be better off joining India and being an overall powerful country.

If you can't stick to your very foundational principle of an Islamically influenced society then of course the collapse will be inevitable. There's some things that Pakistan should never endorse at a state level.

Back
Top Bottom