What's new

Punjabis ruling both India and Pakistan

First time I'm hearing about dardic pahari, you know there are lots of videos of all these languages on youtube from Neapli/eastern pahari, kashmiri and mirpuri. The reason foreigners say Azad Kashmiris speak punjabi is because to them it literally sound like punjabi but we know the differences. Seraiki and Mirpuri can understand and speak with each other in their own native tongue but Mirpuri cannot speak with ethnic kashmiri neither nepali.

I understand what you are saying but the Pahari of Azad Jammu and Kashmiri is not Punjabi. Language is primarily based on grammar. Potohari is related to the Pahari of Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

Our family bloodline is ethnic Kashmiris in Azad Kashmir. Punjabi replaced the dying language as our family migrated to the rest of Pakistan. People have false notion that people who speak punjabi are punjabi. It is just language that replaces another language. We are speaking english right now but that does not make us british english, does it?

But it is true Punjabi have great rich history. For starter, Azad Kashmir owes their freedom to the Pakistani army dominated by punjabis. :D

Even Pathans i know who migrated
to punjabi region in Pakistan has adopted punjabi as their primary language. So Pashto is unheard in their family now. Things change in life.

You are welcome. It is true ethno-linguistically and ethno-geographically one can be Punjabi, but ethno-racially Pashtun or Pakhtun.

Malyars are Pakhtun/Pashtun and this is confirmed by the Yousafzai, Ahmadzai, etc. Pashtuns of Afghanistan. I have mentioned them in my book.

Some Malyars have intermarried so they look different. Some do not know about their culture. Well if they came to India during Mahmud of Ghazni's time, that is one thousand years ago. So that can happen.

I am a British Jammuite Pakhtun and from the Malyar/Malyarzai/Malyarzoi tribe.

We speak quite a lot of Pashto in Pahari. One of my friends from the Bangash Pashtun tribe said to me that he wants to learn Pashto from me because I speak Old Pashto.

I look Pashtun according to many Pashtuns from Yousafzai, Bangash, and other tribes. My paternal and maternal grandfather looked Pashtun and a lot of my relatives do. A Pashtun from the Ahmadzai tribe said to me that my maternal grandfather and maternal grandmother look Pashtun.

I have collected more than 100 Pashtun family names which I will publish later. I will state one " Sakali" and that was the name of my great great grandfather and in Pashto it means tranquilty, peace, and happiness.

I and other Pashtun brothers are promoting Pashtun culture such as its language and history. One Pashtun brother is Moxet Khan who states on his Pashtun website that Malyar/Malyarzai/Malyarzoi are Pashtun and reside in Afghanistan, Peshawar, Potohar Plateau and Azad Jammu and Kashmir.

S
Our family bloodline is ethnic Kashmiris in Azad Kashmir. Punjabi replaced the dying language as our family migrated to the rest of Pakistan. People have false notion that people who speak punjabi are punjabi. It is just language that replaces another language. We are speaking english right now but that does not make us british english, does it?

But it is true Punjabi have great rich history. For starter, Azad Kashmir owes their freedom to the Pakistani army dominated by punjabis. :D

Even Pathans i know who migrated to punjabi region in Pakistan has adopted punjabi as their primary language. So Pashto is unheard in their family now. Things change in life.

Some evidence of Malyar/Maliar being Pashtoon:

1) http://thepashto.com/pashtoons-tribes.php
Type "Malyar" in the search box.

2) Check the term "Malyar" in any Pashto dictionary.

3) Type "Malyar Pashtun Facebook" in Google and see many Pashtuns with the surname "Malyar". One such is Jamal Malyar Pashtoon.

4) Maliar or Malyar is the same, just different transliteration. Pyar is written piar in English transliteration of Awankari.

5) Ask other Pashtuns about the Malyar tribe, especially those Pashtuns from Afghanistan.

There is quite a lot of evidence and it suffices. Thanks

Even Pathans i know who migrated to punjabi region in Pakistan has adopted punjabi as their primary language. So Pashto is unheard in their family now. Things change in life.

The World Heritage Encyclopedia mentions the Malyar under Saghri Khattak (Pashtun) section. The Pashtun Malyar are mentioned with other Pashtun tribes such as Bangash, Awan, etc. The area is Attock, ie, Potohar Plateau.

Type "Khattak" in the search box of "The World Heritage Encyclopedia" and then scroll down to "Saghri Khattak" section and then read.

Thanks

I agree with @save_ghenda. Real Punjabis are the zamindar biradiris from rural areas. Lahoris have their own diluted Punjabi culture. They even have the funniest accent when they do try to speak Punjabi. :lol:

First time I'm hearing about dardic pahari, you know there are lots of videos of all these languages on youtube from Neapli/eastern pahari, kashmiri and mirpuri. The reason foreigners say Azad Kashmiris speak punjabi is because to them it literally sound like punjabi but we know the differences. Seraiki and Mirpuri can understand and speak with each other in their own native tongue but Mirpuri cannot speak with ethnic kashmiri neither nepali.

There are similarities between the language of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Punjab. However, there are differences in grammar and vocabulary.
There are enough differences to denote a separate language.

Example:

English: "take this", as an imperative or command.
Punjabi: isnuu lai.
Mirpuri Pahaari/Paari: issi kinni kin.

Last edited:
There are similarities between the language of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Punjab. However, there are differences in grammar and vocabulary.

Examples:

English "take this" as an imperative.
Punjabi "isnuu lai".
Mirpuri Pahaari/Paari "issi kinni kin".

I understand what you are saying. But there is still a difference in Punjabi and the language of Azad Jammu and Kashmir. We can compare both languages to check.

Example:

Interrogative pronouns:

Who.
Punjabi: kaun.
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: kun.
Nepali: kun.

What.
Punjabi: kii.
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: ke.

Where.
Punjabi: kitthe.
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: kutthe.
Sanskrit: kutah.
Rigveda: kutah [whence].

Whither.
Punjabi: kiddhar.
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: kuddhar.

Adverb
When.
Punjabi: kadon
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: kaile.
Nepali: kaile or kahile or kailhe.
Kashmiri: keli.

I will write a letter.
Punjabi: main ikk khat likhaanga.
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: me ikk khat likhi shorsan.

There are numerous compound verbs in Pahari/Paari that do not exist in Punjabi. There also suffixes in Pahari/Paari that dnt exist in Punjabi. Also, the pronunciation and meanings of words can differ.

Example:

Old.
Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi: puraana.
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: praana.
Kashmiri: pronu.

Iguana.
Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi: goh.
Mirpuri Paa'ri/Pahari: kro.

The post-consonantal "r" denotes metathesis, which is a Dardic characteristic.

Mohammad Sharif ( father of nawaz) migrated from Amritsar(Indian punjab) during partition so their ancestors might have kahsmiri origin but they were settled in Punjab from generation, speak Punjabi and their lifestyle is Punjabi

Nawaz Sharif is ethno-racially Kashmiri or Koshur. Does a Han Chinese become Anglo-Saxon by speaking English and residing in England?

Nawaz Sharif can be ethno-geographically Punjabi, or ethno-linguistically Punjabi. However, even the Punjabi he speaks will entail some Kashmiri. This is similar to the Niazi Pashtun of Mianwali who use Pashto with Hindko and Seraiki.

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying but the Pahari of Azad Jammu and Kashmiri is not Punjabi.

It is, it's just a different dialect of Punjabi. Paharis, Hindkows and Seraikis are all just Punjabis who speak very distinct dialects of the language. Some even consider Gojri to be a dialect of Punjabi.

There are enough differences to denote a separate language.

Example:

English: "take this", as an imperative or command.
Punjabi: isnuu lai.
Mirpuri Pahaari/Paari: issi kinni kin.

kya bana yara tara sir piriya lol

Some even consider Gojri to be a dialect of Punjabi.

Gojri shares morphological features exclusively with Rajasthani. It is close to Mewati and Mewari

It shares some phonological features with Urdu/Punjabi/Kashmiri/Dogri etc. as it is now primarily spoken in an area dominated by those languages/dialects

Gojri shares morphological features exclusively with Rajasthani. It is close to Mewati and Mewari

There are those who pose that the language is more closely related to Punjabi, but this may depend on the dialect one uses in the comparison.

It is, it's just a different dialect of Punjabi. Paharis, Hindkows and Seraikis are all just Punjabis who speak very distinct dialects of the language. Some even consider Gojri to be a dialect of Punjabi.

I disagree. Provide some evidence. Anyway you have a right to your own opinion.

Kun, kus, kaile, jaile, ule, kro, mii, tui, etc is not Punjabi.

kya bana yara tara sir piriya lol

I do not know what you are talking about.

There are those who pose that the language is more closely related to Punjabi, but this may depend on the dialect one uses in the comparison.

Gojri is the language of Gujjars who had historically dominated Gujarat/Rajasthan area. Most of the Gujjars have migrated to J&K/Himachal/Punjab from Gujarat and Rajasthan over an extended period of time.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom