What's new

Punjabis ruling both India and Pakistan

pathans are insignificant in india specially in indian Punjab. we have fought so many great wars. battle of saragrai is listed alongside battle of thermopile in UNESCO as one of the bst ever..
i was taking about how pakistani punjabis have let this martial race idea into their head and become bad soldiers.

pathans are insignificant in india specially in indian Punjab. we have fought so many great wars. battle of saragrai is listed alongside battle of thermopile in UNESCO as one of the bst ever..
Yes, that was a great historical battle.

Punjabis are the most distinguished race in the whole central asian and subcontinental region. By far the most richest, developed , organised, institutionalised and intelligent. A warrior race by nature but also the most united in race and ethnicity.

It's a common saying without Punjabis the whole region would have been a stoneage land.

Infact all these proud Punjabis - Virat Kohli, Akshay Kumar, Kapil Sharma, General Raheel Sharif, Nawaz/Shahbaz born in Lahore Punjab, Sheikh Rasheed, Hamid Mir and the most noted poet Muhammad Iqbal are some of the most prominent Punjabis who rule India and Pakistan and west.

Bollywood has been dominated by Punjabi artists including actors Prithviraj Kapoor, Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand, Vinod Khanna, Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, Shashi Kapoor, Kabir Bedi, Rajesh Khanna, Angad Singh, Amitabh Bacchan(from his mother's side), Pran, Prem Chopra, Vinod Mehra, Manoj Kumar, Akshay Kumar Sunny Deol, Anil Kapoor, Poonam Dhillon, Juhi Chawla, Hrithik Roshan andKareena Kapoor, singers Mohammed Rafi, Mahendra Kapoor, and Narendra Chanchal. Punjabi Prime Ministers of India include Gulzarilal Nanda, Inder Kumar Gujral and Dr.Manmohan Singh. There are numerous players in the Indian cricket team both past and present including Bishen Singh Bedi, Kapil Dev, Mohinder Amarnath, Navjot Sidhu,Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh Virat Kohli, and Yuvraj Singh.

Infact all these proud Punjabis - Virat Kohli, Akshay Kumar, Kapil Sharma, General Raheel Sharif, Nawaz/Shahbaz born in Lahore Punjab, Sheikh Rasheed, Hamid Mir and the most noted poet Muhammad Iqbal are some of the most prominent Punjabis who rule India and Pakistan and west.

Nooras are kashmiris, don't tell me you don't know? :rolleyes:

Nooras are kashmiris, don't tell me you don't know? :rolleyes:

The fact as per Sharif family, they say we are Originated from Kashmir, Nawaz has Kashmiri Origins, but for centuries they lived, bread, eat, looted and born in Punjab. Infact Nawaz was born in Lahore, and has said that am a Punjabi first, since all traditions, culture and land of 5 rivers to his family belong to is Punjabi and Punjab. He though acknowledges that his origins were from Kashmir. I actually class Nawaz as Punjabi-Kashmiri, just like Pashtun-Punjabi, or Sindhi Punjabi a very common way to call ones ethnicity and race with mix race, like Afro-American, British-Pakistani, like a British citizen but his Origins are from Pakistan. You know what I mean.

The fact as per Sharif family, they say we are Originated from Kashmir, Nawaz has Kashmiri Origins, but for centuries they lived, bread, eat, looted and born in Punjab. Infact Nawaz was born in Lahore, and has said that am a Punjabi first, since all traditions, culture and land of 5 rivers to his family belong is Punjabi and Punjab. He though acknowledges that his origins were from Kashmir. I actually class Nawaz as Punjabi-Kashmiri, just like Pashtun-Punjabi, or Sindhi Punjabi a very common way to call ones ethnicity and race.

When did he say he's punjabi first? You're just making up stuff along the way. Even so called native leaders from punjab don't call themselves punjabi first. Are you from Lahore?

Yes he clearly says he was born in Lahore, Punjab in 1949, he calls himself the sher of Lahore, Sher-e-Lahore last election, otherwise he will not have been elected. Nawaz Shariff was born in the family of prominent Lahore industrialist.

As for me, most of my life in UK, belong to Pakistan's Sialkot-Lahore family wise ancestors/origins from iran & arabs and yes am a proud Punjabi first, and foremost because I was born in the land of 5 rivers - Punj-ab.

You're not answering my question, when did he claim to be punjabi first? I can't find anything on it. You are clearly making up stuff. I already know where he was born.

Indian Punjabis are simmilar to Pakistan's punjabis, as alot of people moved from east punjab to west and vice versa during partition. It is a misconception that India was partitioned, in reality Punjab was partitioned. Original map of Pakistan had entire Punjab in it, infact Jinnah even offered sikhs an autonomous sub state if they joined Pakistan, but due to short sightedness of master tara singh, East Punjab went to India and tara singh openly regretted his decision later on and everyone knows what happened in 1984. No wonder, Khalistan is still demanded by a large chunk of east punjabis. Congress leaders demanded Punjab's partition and till today punjabis are used as cannon fodder by hindi speaking elite in India in all its wars. Thousands of people from Indian punjab visit Pakistan for Besaki, birth of Gurunanak and his death anniversary every year and they witness the love people on this side of the border have for them !!!

@save_ghenda, I am partially with you, where you are coming from, but this is not how Sharif, Nawaz, and con consider themselves as Kashmiri origin only, they rather associate themselves as Punjabis first, because of centuries year old Punjabi history and born in Punjab, including kids. Nawaz Sharif doesnot know Kashmiri language but he knows Punjabi fluently, Punjabi traditions Punjabi lifestyle etc.

Nawaz Sharif was born in Lahore, Punjab on 25 December 1949. The Sharif family are Punjabis of Kashmiri origin, as per link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nawaz_Sharif

There is no "refugee" concept in Punjab (a difference), a big difference in Punjabi ethnic definition to others e.g. if some Pashtun or any other tribe from Sindh born and starts living in Lahore tomorrow he can be as much Punjabi as anyone else, provided he as Punjabi knowledge first, reading about Punjabi identity in detail might help. That is why Punjabis are first identified through the land, city in Punjab they are born in, identify themsleves to the land of 5 rivers, than the knowledge of Punjabi traditions, language, culture, social gathering.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom