What's new

PTCL launches world's first EVO 3G Nitro

PTCL= pee t c l

its one of the most pathetic,inept,corrupt,inefficient,unprofessional service provider.. they realy are blackmales .. even your phone lines are dead and u cant have a single call on it yest they will send u a heavey bill which includes a hefty dsl charges... its mission impossible to disconnect pee tcl so as to avoid geting bils for nothing.. google ptcl woes and you will be enlightened..

everyone has its own experience ..

I am using 4 MB without any problems ...

not usin is way better then using it with problems... glad to hear that its working good for u.. and pray for those who are facing problems///////

4g is not even partially implemented in US. But this 3g,4g all marketing gimmicks...Its all depend on your signal strength. I am using HTC EVO 4G, while in moving car I can't see youtube video , it breaks many times....

actually it depends how many connections are there in your area.

I know most peoples in my area have PTCL DSL .. actually the problem in many areas are due poor Land lines ... Our Garden exchange are powered by Fiber Optics from Last year ...

Sounds bad, I have 50mbps that is kind of average.

Oh really? You have a 50Mbps always on EVDO cellular wireless connection? Please let me know which company you are using.

Most likely you are confusing this with your wired broadband. Please review the first post again. PTCL's is the first 9.3Mbps wireless cellular service...

I have read almost every comments from the fellow members and all I found nothing but negative remarks..chill out folks, we should appreciate that and encourage them to improve their service..what do you guys think , if we are living in UK ( I am only quoting , cause I live here) we never had any problems, BT and A.O.L. are among the worst here. Same with wireless dongle being offered by mobile phone companies, their services are crap. Yes we do get some high speed internets but every no n then we come across the same probles.

I work for a company which is one of the leading broadband provider and the max we can offer is 20 meg but there are very few areas where you can actually get te max speed.

Remember there are 4 factors involved, no matter how good the speed being offered by the internet provider:

1. How near your house is from the telepone exchange.
2. How fast your processor is.
3. How many peope are sharing the line at the same ti9me., and last but nopt the least,
4. How good the quality of your telephone line is.

I hhope instead of jumping into conclusions, we should realize that its more or less same in europe as well.. MY two pennys.:coffee:

I've been using the service. It's pretty good. PTCL is currently in the process of upgrading the firmware on all transponders across the country. This hasn't been completed yet. The 9.3Mbps service is based on Rev B EVDO technology so until the transponder upgrade is completed, your area may not provide 9.3Mbps and may be limited to 3.1Mbps wireless capabilities. Most of Islamabad and a lot of area in Lahore has been upgraded. I am not sure about the status in Karachi, Faisalabad etc.

Net-net, this is an absolutely ground breaking move by the PTCL from the point of view of technology deployment, and yet again, Pakistan has outpaced not only regional countries but the world in deploying cutting edge communications tech. We also rolled out the first significant WiMax network in the world, well before anyone else. And while others are talking about 3G, 9.3Mbps is in 4G territory.

Please do NOT rely on pathetic PTCL. My broadband is messed up for the last 4 months and despite repeated complaints the blackmailers from PTCL are not heeding neither fixing it rather sending heavy bills.

Their Evo is already sucking up in many areas.

Be careful better go for other services

This is the soul reason why i ended up giving up on PTCL broadband... Pathetic incompetent and good for nothing Customer Care Service ... !!!!

I've been using the service. It's pretty good. PTCL is currently in the process of upgrading the firmware on all transponders across the country. This hasn't been completed yet. The 9.3Mbps service is based on Rev B EVDO technology so until the transponder upgrade is completed, your area may not provide 9.3Mbps and may be limited to 3.1Mbps wireless capabilities. Most of Islamabad and a lot of area in Lahore has been upgraded. I am not sure about the status in Karachi, Faisalabad etc.

Net-net, this is an absolutely ground breaking move by the PTCL from the point of view of technology deployment, and yet again, Pakistan has outpaced not only regional countries but the world in deploying cutting edge communications tech. We also rolled out the first significant WiMax network in the world, well before anyone else. And while others are talking about 3G, 9.3Mbps is in 4G territory.

you are using it on wireless or landline...??

PTCL is the king for bandwidth in pakistan but pathetic customer support.

you are using it on wireless or landline...??

Wireless. If you are considering upgrading to 9.1 wireless, make sure you speak to your local PTCL reps and find out whether the transponders in your area have been upgraded to the new firmware. If you are willing to get it now and wait a few weeks while the upgrade happens, that's fine too...

Back
Top Bottom