What's new

Project 15A destroyers KOLKATA class Destroyers IN

Pushed back to 2014 after minor problem in trials as far as i know.

When did the trials take place? What did they involve (e.g. full speed and endurance runs, weapons and sensors test)? Care to share a source?

When did the trials take place? What did they involve (e.g. full speed and endurance runs, weapons and sensors test)? Care to share a source?

No official sources,just from blogs and apparently an article in force india magazine.

No official sources,just from blogs and apparently an article in force india magazine.

That's odd. You'd think its trials ought to be covered by more news outlets.

Could you provide me with links to the said blogs and said article?

f o r c e i n d i a.net/newsyoucanuse_indian_navy_procurement_plan.aspx

According to Force India Magazine, the P-15A is still expected to be commissioned in 2013.

Could anyone clarify Kolkata's status and provide some up-to-date info regarding its progress?

f o r c e i n d i a.net/newsyoucanuse_indian_navy_procurement_plan.aspx

According to Force India Magazine, the P-15A is still expected to be commissioned in 2013.

Could anyone clarify Kolkata's status and provide some up-to-date info regarding its progress?

Ask Abingdonboy , he was saying it's mid to late august as per a source. Not sure......

Hi, do you know the commission date for the lead ship of Kolkata class? Has it undergone trials?

Good to know! I was under the impression only 3 would be in service by 2018, I'm glad to be wrong!

Do you know the commission date for the lead ship of the Kolkata class? Has it undergone trials?

Could you provide a link, an article, or a source?

Do you know the commission date for the lead ship of the Kolkata class? Has it undergone trials?

Could you provide a link, an article, or a source?

Well trishul blog says 2014.Its very informative but sometimes exaggerates.

Well trishul blog says 2014.Its very informative but sometimes exaggerates.

Could you provide a link to the trishul blog that confirms the trials had taken place? I browsed the trishul blog, but there is no entry on the trials.

Could you provide a link to the trishul blog that confirms the trials had taken place? I browsed the trishul blog, but there is no entry on the trials.

Just ask the question,it has been asked quite a few times.And ask the blog posters there to confirm what i say,ull get an answer.

Just ask the question,it has been asked quite a few times.And ask the blog posters there to confirm what i say,ull get an answer.

What do you even mean?

I browsed the Trishul blog, pursuing its excellent google powered search engine. I searched up and down, read every entry there is on P15A/Kolkata, no mention was ever made of the trials actually taking place. None whatsoever.

Since you insisted that sea trials of the P15A had taken place, and that some faults were found during these trials which resulted in the commission date being pushed to 2014, I'm asking you to point me to an article that actually verify what you said. So far, I've seen nothing from you.

If the information regarding the trials is truly available on the Trishul blog, then link me to it. Just give me a link.

Easy peasy.

@Abingdonboy. The correct terminology for those marks in Nautical Language is "Weeping Stains". Its caused by rubbing or chafing by mooring lines, fenders or such equipment used to moor ships, mostly. It is an unsightly discoloration which only has an adverse 'cosmetic effect' with no effect on structurals.
As Ships or marine structures age; then corrosion on the surface can take place; which then cause "weeping rust stains" where a small surface area on a surface (usually on a vertical surface) if left untreated for a long time will leave a vertical stain on the surface of intact surface coating (ie multiple layers of paint) again causing what is known as 'cosmetic damage'. That is periodically attended to by Ship's Crew or "Dockyard Mateys" by cleaning with 'Rust stain Solvents and Removers', then degreased, washed down by Hi-Press FreshWater Jets/Lances. Then the stained areas are recoated with the appropriate paints/surface coatings. This is part of the routine maintenance schedule of Ships or any Marine Structures, till it is finally de-commissioned and scrapped.
One of the first things that any Sailor or "Salty Swab" learns is the adage that "Paint is cheaper than Steel" while the Mechanicians on board learn that "Grease is cheaper than Steel".
Both adages are self-explanatory! :)

thanks for sharing this knowledge

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom