What's new

Project 15A destroyers KOLKATA class Destroyers IN

may be by that time we'll be having 2 ACC and another nuke sub i guess..

Viki and Arihant definite, not sure if Viraat will be operational till then, IAC 1, Arihant 2, 3 and one more akula are strong possibilities.

Viki and Arihant definite, not sure if Viraat will be operational till then, IAC 1, Arihant 2, 3 and one more akula are strong possibilities.

i was referring to IAC1 and viki..what would IAC carry tejas definite or any other??

Bump this thread when its actually commissioned.

And somebody teach the idiots in indian defence establishment the value of expectation management. Thats small thing will go a loooong way!

okay lets conclude....
By 2018 we'll have..
-2 ACCs
-12-15 destroyers(12 if rajput class will be retired).
-17-18 frigates.
-2 SSBNs(while 3rd arihant class will be on trials)
-1-2 SSNs(2 if India will go for 2 submarine from russia)
-15 diesel-electric submarines(atleast 3-4 scorpene class subs will be inducted while same number of old subs will be retired).
I must say that Indian navy is looking impressive beyond 2018......correct me If I am wrong!!

okay lets conclude....
By 2018 we'll have..
-2 ACCs
-17-18 frigates.
-15 diesel-electric submarines(atleast 3-4 scorpene class subs will be inducted while same number of old subs will be retired).
I must say that Indian navy is looking impressive beyond 2018......correct me If I am wrong!!

No Dude. in 2018 IN will be having only 11 destroyers that includes rajput class. and 1 nuc.SSN and even if we ordered second one this year means we will get that in the end of 2019 or 2020 only.

okay lets conclude....
By 2018 we'll have..
-2 ACCs
-17-18 frigates.

Nope!!!!!!!!
If we are considering the life time 35 years then by 2018 we'll have..
-hopefully 2 ACCs(Vikrant and Vikramaditya)
-most probably less than 10 destroyers(3 Delhi class, at least 3 Rajput class + up coming boats)
- I think 20 frigates(3 shivalik class, 6 Talwar class, 3 Brahmaputra class and most probably 2 Godavari class + upcoming boats of Shivalik and Talwar class).
-3-4 SSBNs in active service
-almost confirmed 2 Akula SSN (more possible if Navy orders its 9 boat fleet of indigenous SSN)
-I have doubts on the no of diesel-electric submarines because their life is short compared to surface fleet. hope for around 10 in best condition including the 3 scorpene class.

I believe the most powerful segment of the fleet will consist the 1 multirole destroyer with 2 frigates(1 stealth), 1 SSN and 1 support ship in support of LPD and LHD type ships(if LHD or LPd will be ready by then). They will have the every thing which we need for a good navy. They will be really awesome if you see the difference of conventional CBG fleet and this kind of fleet.

okay lets conclude....
By 2018 we'll have..
-2 ACCs
-17-18 frigates.

Nope!!!!!!!!
If we are considering the life time 35 years then by 2018 we'll have..
-hopefully 2 ACCs(Vikrant and Vikramaditya)
-most probably less than 10 destroyers(3 Delhi class, at least 3 Rajput class + up coming boats)
- I think 20 frigates(3 shivalik class, 6 Talwar class, 3 Brahmaputra class and most probably 2 Godavari class + upcoming boats of Shivalik and Talwar class).
-3-4 SSBNs in active service
-almost confirmed 2 Akula SSN (more possible if Navy orders its 9 boat fleet of indigenous SSN)
-I have doubts on the no of diesel-electric submarines because their life is short compared to surface fleet. hope for around 10 in best condition including the 3 scorpene class.

I believe the most powerful segment of the fleet will consist the 1 multirole destroyer with 2 frigates(1 stealth), 1 SSN and 1 support ship in support of LPD and LHD type ships(if LHD or LPd will be ready by then). They will have the every thing which we need for a good navy. They will be really awesome if you see the difference of conventional CBG fleet and this kind of fleet.

okay lets conclude....
By 2018 we'll have..
-2 ACCs
-17-18 frigates.

3 SSBNs with S-4 on trail. Also late 2018 could see the first of 4-6 LHD/LPD entering into Indian service.

+ 2-3 of the Scorpene SSKs will be in service.

Back
Top Bottom