What's new

Pope calls Pakistan church attack act of hate, war

Hinduism is there for over 4000 years. It has over 1 billion followers. And, it will evaporate within next 500 years??? Have no faith in this religion???:P

What remains if they exist like scared rats in a small cave? Whenever confronted with hard reality, this is precisely the response of the all- know, complacent Hindus - that we have been there for 5000 years. If minority population has gone up from 12 % to 19% in 50 years - a 7% increase, do a linear extrapolation for 500 years which will tell you that minorities will surely exceed 50%. In that case Hindus may certainly remain - but they will have the same existence as that of Hindus in Afghanistan today. Like that?

And do not forget that the Hindu's land has been steadily but surely shrinking all the while you are boasting about Hinduism's permanence. First we lost Afghanistan, then Kashmir, then Pakistan and Bangladesh. So 500 years hence we will probably be sitting in a Manipur sized Hindu reservation reading our "glorious" history.

What if you end up falling in love with @Agnostic_Indian's daughter? And marry her? :nana:

If I ever have a kid I will let him/her choose their beliefs by themselves when they grow up..only thing essential to become a good humen being is good morals..I don't care if they become Hindu Christian or Muslim as long as they don't become religious nuts.
only solution to communal ajenda and hatred is mixed religious/cast marriages..
if @Nair saab was married to a Christian or Muslim girl he wouldn't dare to utter such nonsense..because if she found out he will go starving..and..that includes not just food...;-)..(No offense just kidding).

Last edited by a moderator:
If I ever have a kid I will let him/her choose their beliefs by themselves when they grow up..only thing essential to become a good humen being is good morals..I don't care if they become Hindu Christian or Muslim as long as they don't become religious nuts.
only solution to communal ajenda and hatred is mixed religious/cast marriages..
if @Nair saab was married to a Christian or Muslim girl he wouldn't dare to utter such nonsense..because if she found out he will go starving..and..that includes not just food...;-)..(No offense just kidding).

Your post has a feel good factor in it. All is not so hunky dory. But Christianity is the best of the Abrahamic faiths. Even I celebrate Christmas :D

Naughty boy :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post has a feel good factor in it. All is not so hunky dory. But Christianity is the best of the Abrahamic faiths. Even I celebrate Christmas :D

Naughty boy :devil:

Not only you mate, many Hindus I know of celebrate Christmas.. Its just we and Nair Saab have some fight all the time.. Now that he is going to become our Damaad, we should have to stop attacking him.. :ashamed:

What remains if they exist like scared rats in a small cave? Whenever confronted with hard reality, this is precisely the response of the all- know, complacent Hindus - that we have been there for 5000 years. If minority population has gone up from 12 % to 19% in 50 years - a 7% increase, do a linear extrapolation for 500 years which will tell you that minorities will surely exceed 50%. In that case Hindus may certainly remain - but they will have the same existence as that of Hindus in Afghanistan today. Like that?

And do not forget that the Hindu's land has been steadily but surely shrinking all the while you are boasting about Hinduism's permanence. First we lost Afghanistan, then Kashmir, then Pakistan and Bangladesh. So 500 years hence we will probably be sitting in a Manipur sized Hindu reservation reading our "glorious" history.

Genuine concerns there mate. :agree:
Only make it Dharmic, I will agree with you. But in this age of information, such a thing has little chance of happening. Christianity has never posed a real major threat to any faith in the World. Other than Judaism and Islam :devil:
But let's face it - if all Christians behave like Christ - the world will be more like a happy do gooding hippy happy place. But if everyone behaves like someone else - ... :hang2:

As for your reducing Hindus is concerned - Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism are one of the fastest growing 'religions' - all over the world. So don't have fear. Fear leads to weakness. Weakness to fake bravado. Fake Bravado to hatred and ultimately to meaningless violence.

Genuine concerns there mate. :agree:
Only make it Dharmic, I will agree with you. But in this age of information, such a thing has little chance of happening. Christianity has never posed a real major threat to any faith in the World. Other than Judaism and Islam :devil:
But let's face it - if all Christians behave like Christ - the world will be more like a happy do gooding hippy happy place. But if everyone behaves like someone else - ... :hang2:

As for your reducing Hindus is concerned - Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism are one of the fastest growing 'religions' - all over the world. So don't have fear. Fear leads to weakness. Weakness to fake bravado. Fake Bravado to hatred and ultimately to meaningless violence.

Read up Rajiv Malhotra's book on the nefarious designs of proselytizers in India. Bound to open your eyes.

Nobody is imagining that Hinduism will vanish. The issue is that to remain a valid and relevant religion, Hinduism must maintain a critical mass, especially in the only land it has. Hinduism requires public space in addition to private practice. No religion can flourish if it is only confined within the corners of people's homes, or comes out during occasional festivals. For religion to propagate, it needs a public face. Even in 20% minority India, Hinduism is severely cramped. What happens when minorities go upto 30% or 40%? The power they will wield will be disproportionate in a democracy like India.

In today's India, there is no Government support for Hinduism which is why it is not taught in schools. 90% Indians, including most of the posters on PDF have no idea even about the basics of Dharma, then how will they pass on knowledge to their children. It is certainly our duty to educate the next generation about at least the basics of our religion instead of adopting a totally Laissez faire negligence in which many of the ignorant posters take a misguided pride.

Read up Rajiv Malhotra's book on the nefarious designs of proselytizers in India. Bound to open your eyes.

Nobody is imagining that Hinduism will vanish. The issue is that to remain a valid and relevant religion, Hinduism must maintain a critical mass, especially in the only land it has. Hinduism requires public space in addition to private practice. No religion can flourish if it is only confined within the corners of people's homes, or comes out during occasional festivals. For religion to propagate, it needs a public face. Even in 20% minority India, Hinduism is severely cramped. What happens when minorities go upto 30% or 40%? The power they will wield will be disproportionate in a democracy like India.

In today's India, there is no Government support for Hinduism which is why it is not taught in schools. 90% Indians, including most of the posters on PDF have no idea even about the basics of Dharma, then how will they pass on knowledge to their children. It is certainly our duty to educate the next generation about at least the basics of our religion instead of adopting a totally Laissez faire negligence in which many of the ignorant posters take a misguided pride.

True, but from my personal experience(trust me there is a lot of it to embarrass a thousand Zakir Naiks), Hinduism and Buddhism are facing a revival.

True, but from my personal experience(trust me there is a lot of it to embarrass a thousand Zakir Naiks), Hinduism and Buddhism are facing a revival.

Revival cannot come unless there is political support behind it. Remember how the light of a puny, newly lighted lamp called Buddhism spread across Asia with the support of Emperor Ashoka. Just imagine where Buddhism would be today without Ashoka - probably just a footnote in books dealing with Hindu philosophies.

I mentioned it in this forum.. Hinduism is on revival than the last decade.. People started taking proud of the religion and started learning more and more about it.. Its utter stupidness to say Hinduism is going to vanish.. It is as a culture and religion remain here as a dominant force here in India.

More Indians are interested rather than Pakistanis ... :pop:

Did Pope pray for the thousand massacre of Syrians innocents or Egyptians? Whenever, the US goes to war against any country, Pope wouldn't say comment on it.

It is act of hate crime, it saddens me that one of Pakistan's most educated/forward looking group is being attacked.

Did Pope pray for the thousand massacre of Syrians innocents or Egyptians? Whenever, the US goes to war against any country, Pope wouldn't say comment on it.

In Syria it seems to be more Muslims killing Muslims with the support of surrounding Muslim countries for the most part.

Situations of Christians in Pakistan is still better than it is in Orissa. Also Pakistani police should step up security at all places of worship.

Back
Top Bottom