What's new

PN mini-submarine fleet

STM is a shipyard and project management company. They are not designing any submarines. They have done nothing for MG110. They are only providing TKMS and other german solutions packaged as Turkish systems. Milgem project for Pakistan has already gone to ASFAT and will be done by Istanbul Shipyard. PNS Moawin is a prototype that has not been designed by STM, but a third naval design company in Turkey.

Yes, and indeed, but does that mean they are making mini-submarines now or any submarine for that matter? What is their submarine design history? Which Turkish Navy submarine have they designed? Talk reality, not fiction.

STM has been heavily involved in the naval project particularly in last 10 years. With the development of Turkish Navy National Corvette Program (MiLGEM), STM has been authorized to improve Turkey’s indigenous capability of naval shipbuilding and modernization as well as using the deep-routed experience of Turkey in order to provide solutions for Turkish Navy and allied & friendly countries.
The specialization areas of STM in Naval Projects are;

• Design services
  • Project management
  • Naval shipbuilding and modernization
  • Platform and system integration
  • Acquisition services for systems and materials
  • Infrastructural and organizational planning
  • Repair and maintenance activities
  • Test and Trials
  • Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
  • Through life cycle management
  • Research and Development
  • Feasibility studies and Consultancy
PROJECTS
The major naval shipbuilding and modernization programs of STM including;

• MiLGEM-Ada Class Corvettes (Turkish Navy National Corvette Program)
  • Pakistan Navy Fleet Tanker (PNFT) Project
  • Modernization of Turkish Navy Type-209 Class Submarines
  • Turkish Navy New Type Submarine Building Project
  • Turkish Navy Replenishment at Sea and Combat Support Ship Project

So here is my question , where is STM shipyard ?
Please show us. (In fact , STM is not a shipyard. )

other german solutions packaged as Turkish systems.

Please learn a little about it, before answering with your memorizations.

Last edited:
STM has been heavily involved in the naval project particularly in last 10 years. With the development of Turkish Navy National Corvette Program (MiLGEM), STM has been authorized to improve Turkey’s indigenous capability of naval shipbuilding and modernization as well as using the deep-routed experience of Turkey in order to provide solutions for Turkish Navy and allied & friendly countries.
The specialization areas of STM in Naval Projects are;

• Design services
  • Project management
  • Naval shipbuilding and modernization
  • Platform and system integration
  • Acquisition services for systems and materials
  • Infrastructural and organizational planning
  • Repair and maintenance activities
  • Test and Trials
  • Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
  • Through life cycle management
  • Research and Development
  • Feasibility studies and Consultancy
PROJECTS
The major naval shipbuilding and modernization programs of STM including;

• MiLGEM-Ada Class Corvettes (Turkish Navy National Corvette Program)
  • Pakistan Navy Fleet Tanker (PNFT) Project
  • Modernization of Turkish Navy Type-209 Class Submarines
  • Turkish Navy New Type Submarine Building Project
  • Turkish Navy Replenishment at Sea and Combat Support Ship Project

So here is my question , where is STM shipyard ?
Please show us. (In fact , STM is not a shipyard. )

Please learn a little about it, before answering with your memorizations.

You seemed to be deeply, commercially, or emotionally connected with STM. May the force be with you.

You seemed to be deeply, commercially, or emotionally connected with STM. May the force be with you.
You claimed that STM is a shipyard, and you said that STM has a construction activity. However, there is a company offering engineering services. And when we answer that, you respond absurdly. Sorry but when STM, one of the world's top 100 defense companies, doesn't need me here. It's a pity that you're answering this way when we want to be nice to you.

In the field of STM marine systems, TF4500 frigate, TTHB corvette, MILDEN TS1700 and AIP midget submarine design activities are concentrated. With IDEF 2019, we will see the process of these projects.

STM's most important job now is the Supply and Combat Support Ship Project, whose contract was recently signed. (DIMDEG)

In this context,

-Form Optimization and Model Experiments,
-Dimensioning and structural analysis required for ship design,
-3-D CAD / CAE activities,
-Design of the ship's electrical system,
-Design of Air Suction System and Exhaust System, analyzes and settlements,
-Supply and inspection of the technical information required from the manufacturer regarding the system / devices foreseen to be included in the ship have been completed by stm.

Last edited:
You claimed that STM is a shipyard, and you said that STM has a construction activity. However, there is a company offering engineering services. And when we answer that, you respond absurdly. Sorry but when STM, one of the world's top 100 defense companies, doesn't need me here. It's a pity that you're answering this way when we want to be nice to you.

In the field of STM marine systems, TF4500 frigate, TTHB corvette, MILDEN TS1700 and AIP midget submarine design activities are concentrated. With IDEF 2019, we will see the process of these projects.

STM's most important job now is the Supply and Combat Support Ship Project, whose contract was recently signed. (DIMDEG)

In this context,

-Form Optimization and Model Experiments,
-Dimensioning and structural analysis required for ship design,
-3-D CAD / CAE activities,
-Design of the ship's electrical system,
-Design of Air Suction System and Exhaust System, analyzes and settlements,
-Supply and inspection of the technical information required from the manufacturer regarding the system / devices foreseen to be included in the ship have been completed by stm.

why did STM, the greatest company on this planet, lose the Milgem project in Pakistan?

Coming back to the topic, what SWAT submarine have they designed and is in production?

why did STM, the greatest company on this planet, lose the Milgem project in Pakistan?

Coming back to the topic, what SWAT submarine have they designed and is in production?
What is the reason for this cynical attitude? Is it because I criticized the lies you said above? First of all, instead of making fun with me, pretending to be an honorable person is expected to correct your misinformation above. The courtesy language is important to me. Please show your sensitivity.

First, the STM is not the greatest, yet in the 97th place. The 2025 target is the first 50. It's just a 10-year-old company. https://people.defensenews.com/top-100/

Work on the TS1700 submarine concept is underway. In the last press briefing, promising explanations were made and we expect IDEF 2019 for the actual presentation.

More detailed information on the submarine subject is here http://c4news.me/nedvq , you can use translator. STM's general manager explains that the design activities were started with the company's own resources. (In this respect, it is similar to TF4500)

ADA class, which is the base model of the first 3 corvettes purchased by Pakistan; ship design, classification services, model tests, design services for main propulsion systems and all other systems, construction equipment to be used during the construction of the ship, provided partly or completly by STM.

Meanwhile, the MILGEMs to be produced in Pakistan are under the responsibility of Asfat, but who is responsible for the infrastructure improvements of the shipyard? Could it be STM?https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkeys-stm-wins-pakistani-naval-infrastructure-contract.509902/

The MILGEM program is a much longer and more comprehensive program and is originally planned for the Turkish Navy. Therefore, the workload of STM is being used in the MILGEM program. But I suppose you still claim STM is a shipyard and kind of blue collar company? Pakistan is the country that wants to acquire this infrastructure. Asfat is a state-owned subsidiary where military factories and naval shipyards are assembled around the country. In other words, it is a component of the same central structure, although it has no organic link with TSKGV companies.

Last edited:
What is the reason for this cynical attitude? Is it because I criticized the lies you said above? First of all, instead of making fun with me, pretending to be an honorable person is expected to correct your misinformation above. The courtesy language is important to me. Please show your sensitivity.

First, the STM is not the greatest, yet in the 97th place. The 2025 target is the first 50. It's just a 10-year-old company. https://people.defensenews.com/top-100/

Work on the TS1700 submarine concept is underway. In the last press briefing, promising explanations were made and we expect IDEF 2019 for the actual presentation.

More detailed information on the submarine subject is here http://c4news.me/nedvq , you can use translator. STM's general manager explains that the design activities were started with the company's own resources. (In this respect, it is similar to TF4500)

ADA class, which is the base model of the first 3 corvettes purchased by Pakistan; ship design, classification services, model tests, design services for main propulsion systems and all other systems, construction equipment to be used during the construction of the ship, provided partly or completly by STM.

Meanwhile, the MILGEMs to be produced in Pakistan are under the responsibility of Asfat, but who is responsible for the infrastructure improvements of the shipyard? Could it be STM?https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/turkeys-stm-wins-pakistani-naval-infrastructure-contract.509902/

The MILGEM program is a much longer and more comprehensive program and is originally planned for the Turkish Navy. Therefore, the workload of STM is being used in the MILGEM program. But I suppose you still claim STM is a shipyard and kind of blue collar company? Pakistan is the country that wants to acquire this infrastructure. Asfat is a state-owned subsidiary where military factories and naval shipyards are assembled around the country. In other words, it is a component of the same central structure, although it has no organic link with TSKGV companies.

Bro, Best thing to do is to let him alone. I have tried to discuss with this guy before when he claimed “Aselpod is an Israeli product Turks just producing minor things under licence bla bla” but It never serve the purpose. Generally, He firstly make an absurd claims about any thing without any source/background info as if he know something that others don’t know, then hope to get good attention and respect. No matter How false his claims are. When someone told him to prove what He is talking, He starts telling with a rude attitude How professional background He has and How old is he. If you tell him that What He is talking is certainly not true, then He starts playing as if a serious official reprehending a small boy while implying how delusional and brainwashed you are. I think He has serious problems in his life so That must be the way getting attention and respect in social area. Let him to talk whatever he want. Let him suppose STM is a shipyard or STM lost in Pakistani Milgem deal or whatever He want...

Last edited:

What SWAT submarine have they designed, and which one is in production?

Bro, Best thing to do is to let him alone. I have tried to discuss with this guy before when he claimed “Aselpod is an Israeli product Turks just producing minor things under licence bla bla” but It never serve the purpose. Generally, He firstly make an absurd claims about any thing without any source/background info as if he know something that others don’t know, then hope to get good attention and respect. No matter How false his claims are. When someone told him to prove what He is talking, He starts telling with a rude attitude How professional background He has and How old is he. If you tell him that What He is talking is certainly not true, then He starts playing as if a serious official reprehending a small boy while implying how delusional and brainwashed you are. I think He has serious problems in his life so That must be the way getting attention and respect in social area. Let him to talk whatever he want. Let him suppose STM is a shipyard or STM lost in Pakistani Milgem deal or whatever He want...

Have you seen Aselpod in the factory? Have you been to Aselsan? My absurd claims are just my opinion. You dont have to agree. Yes, this is my way of getting attention. Long live STM and its followers, cheer leaders, and fan base.

Have you seen Aselpod in the factory? Have you been to Aselsan? My absurd claims are just my opinion. You dont have to agree. Yes, this is my way of getting attention. Long live STM and its followers, cheer leaders, and fan base.
You used a completely false expression here, and those who wanted to fix it we're cheerleader?

STM is a shipyard ...
They are not designing any submarines...
They are only providing TKMS and other german solutions packaged as Turkish systems...

and many more...

You Shamelessly lying here and responding with only insults to those who respond your claims. Honor is an important for me and I prefer to talk with those who value it.

It is not my choice to have STM as its main partner in Pakistan's new naval infrastructure and many floating platforms. However, if you are uncomfortable with this, you should explain this with honesty. Not with lying.

What SWAT submarine have they designed, and which one is in production?

As I said above, the company's design activities for two different submarine concept systems are driven by their own resources. In the context of MILDEN, the TS1700 concept is already introduced and we will see the realistic projection at Idef 2019 after 5 months.

Are you expecting only a 10-year-old company that uses most of its capacity with its DIMDEG, REIS class and MILGEM to build ships with its own resources on a matter that is not a priority for the country's navy? Are you really sure you have information in this industry? Launching ship without taking the order? Is there an example of this in the world? As a designer or system engineer ? Partly but What the BMT is doing in England, STM try to make same here, in naval systems.

There are 3 main platforms which are design activities are shared with press and scale models are introduced in international maritime fairs. With derivatives total 5 platform creating by current activities of the design department. TF4500, TTHB, TS1700,These projects are run by the company's own resources, independent from jobs given by SSB such as DIMDEG, MILGEM etc.You can find images and information about these topics on the Internet. Or come to IDEF and ask the authorities yourself.

Last edited:
You used a completely false expression here, and those who wanted to fix it we're cheerleader?

and many more...

You Shamelessly lying here and responding with only insults to those who respond your claims. Honor is an important for me and I prefer to talk with those who value it.

It is not my choice to have STM as its main partner in Pakistan's new naval infrastructure and many floating platforms. However, if you are uncomfortable with this, you should explain this with honesty. Not with lying.

As I said above, the company's design activities for two different submarine concept systems are driven by their own resources. In the context of MILDEN, the TS1700 concept is already introduced and we will see the realistic projection at Idef 2019 after 5 months.

Are you expecting only a 10-year-old company that uses most of its capacity with its DIMDEG, REIS class and MILGEM to build ships with its own resources on a matter that is not a priority for the country's navy? Are you really sure you have information in this industry? Launching ship without taking the order? Is there an example of this in the world? As a designer or system engineer ? Partly but What the BMT is doing in England, STM try to make same here, in naval systems.

There are 3 main platforms which are design activities are shared with press and scale models are introduced in international maritime fairs. With derivatives total 5 platform creating by current activities of the design department. TF4500, TTHB, TS1700,These projects are run by the company's own resources, independent from jobs given by SSB such as DIMDEG, MILGEM etc.You can find images and information about these topics on the Internet. Or come to IDEF and ask the authorities yourself.

Thank you

and many more...

Hi,

Are you affiliated with those companies---?

Hi,

Yessir---he was coming on a little too strong---so just wanted to know if his confidence in his statement had any substance to it or is it just hot air ( nationalism )---.
So there is no basis, just cynicism borne out of pettiness and an inability to argue back with verifiable facts?

Seriously, "coming on a little too strong" ?? @dBSPL and @cabatli_53's confidence comes from years of following their country's defence developments. Evidently unlike others here, those two actually follow what Ismail Demir, Temel Kotil, Davut Yilmaz, etc say to the media, read magazines like MSI to see what TUBITAK-SAGE, STM, etc are up to, and practically everything else an informed Pakistani defence enthusiast would do re: JF-17.

What you see above is a reflection of one side clearly knowing its sh!t, and the other, sadly, looking like it's spewing random claims. The fact that you all would resort to insinuations instead of responding to facts with facts looks bad, and unprofessional.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom