What's new

PN mini-submarine fleet

I strongly believe we should try, but with experienced hands on deck.

The mini-subs in PN will always remain conventional.

Hi,

Sir---I am not talking about the 'mini sub'---I am talking about a nuctippedtorped with under 1 kiloton yield---would wreak havoc when it explodes under the keel of a ship or in the viccinity of another sub---.

A sub could be crushed at a distance away from the explosion due to concussion effect---.

With its conventional diesel electric propulsion, low-resistance plate and low self-defense capability, these mini-subwater-vehicles have no chance in the open seas. These tools must be unmanned.

I strongly believe we should try, but with experienced hands on deck.

The mini-subs in PN will always remain conventional.
I agree with the conventional point. However, it'd be very interesting if there's a way to add in a ASCM/LACM, even a small one with 120 km range. If anything, it offers an additional ability to attack India's coastal assets, especially from a platform that might be tough to detect in busy port waters.

I agree with the conventional point. However, it'd be very interesting if there's a way to add in a ASCM/LACM, even a small one with 120 km range. If anything, it offers an additional ability to attack India's coastal assets, especially from a platform that might be tough to detect in busy port waters.

I am sure Pakistan Navy has some very interesting ideas on how to employ combat submarines, when they are fully inducted.

Is there any progress on this progress or has it been shelved?
The idea was last officially discussed in IDEAS 2016 (followed by the MoDP report talking about KSEW building a mini-SSK). I suppose we'll find out more (positively or negatively) in IDEAS 2018.

The idea was last officially discussed in IDEAS 2016 (followed by the MoDP report talking about KSEW building a mini-SSK). I suppose we'll find out more (positively or negatively) in IDEAS 2018.

I highly doubt anything will be discussed at Ideas 2018.

general director of turkish company STM said that we are working on mini sub design

They are pushing a non-built German design, that is only at concept. STM is a builder, and not a designer. They do not have any experience of submarine design, let alone a small submarine which is twice as difficult since you have put all the same machinery in a small space. Lets see what PN decides.

Don't tell me Zaravn made it to KSEW's stall before you did.

They are pushing a non-built German design, that is only at concept. STM is a builder, and not a designer. They do not have any experience of submarine design, let alone a small submarine which is twice as difficult since you have put all the same machinery in a small space. Lets see what PN decides.

STM is designer and system engineer company. Also worldwide company on project management. It is one of the few companies that can be among the top 100 defense companies in the world without any production infrastructure. In 5 years they will become one of the top 50 defense companies in the world. Currently one of Turkey's most important engineering companies.

The company is currently in charge of the modernization of Agosta class submarines belonging to the Pakistani navy and to Reis Class(Located very serious differences in design, fully customized system by Turkey). In addition, the MG110 Cosmos class, which is no longer capable of responding to any operational need, They working on a solution with AIP propulsion instead of pocket submarines since 2016. The Turkish navy is also working on MILDEN, which is independent of this project, and the responsibility for this project will probably be on the STM. Another example is Milgem project, which Pakistan Navy will be a primary user and learn its production infrastructure, all are STM's responsibility. Or largest ship in the Pakistan Navy, PNS Moawin, all engineering services camed from STM.

Last edited:

Isn’t she the company who let you build your fleet support ship and modernize the French submarines?

STM is designer and system engineer company. Also worldwide company on project management. It is one of the few companies that can be among the top 100 defense companies in the world without any production infrastructure. In 5 years they will become one of the top 50 defense companies in the world. Currently one of Turkey's most important engineering companies.

The company is currently in charge of the modernization of Agosta class submarines belonging to the Pakistani navy and to Reis Class(Located very serious differences in design, fully customized system by Turkey). In addition, the MG110 Cosmos class, which is no longer capable of responding to any operational need, They working on a solution with AIP propulsion instead of pocket submarines since 2016. The Turkish navy is also working on MILDEN, which is independent of this project, and the responsibility for this project will probably be on the STM. Another example is Milgem project, which Pakistan Navy will be a primary user and learn its production infrastructure, all are STM's responsibility. Or largest ship in the Pakistan Navy, PNS Moawin, all engineering services camed from STM.

STM is a shipyard and project management company. They are not designing any submarines. They have done nothing for MG110. They are only providing TKMS and other german solutions packaged as Turkish systems. Milgem project for Pakistan has already gone to ASFAT and will be done by Istanbul Shipyard. PNS Moawin is a prototype that has not been designed by STM, but a third naval design company in Turkey.

Isn’t she the company who let you build your fleet support ship and modernize the French submarines?

Yes, and indeed, but does that mean they are making mini-submarines now or any submarine for that matter? What is their submarine design history? Which Turkish Navy submarine have they designed? Talk reality, not fiction.

Back
Top Bottom