What's new

PKK kidnaps CHP deputy

TurAr

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
n_27661_4.jpg

Suspected members of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) have kidnapped a deputy from the main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) today.

CHP Tunceli deputy Hüseyin Aygün was returning from a visit to Ovacık district of the southeastern province of Tunceli when PKK militants stopped his vehicle at around 7 p.m., broadcaster CNN Türk reported.

One journalist and one aide who were traveling with Aygün tried to convince the militants to set the deputy free but the militants refused to comply, saying they will "keep Aygün for a few days," and took Aygün with them into a wooded area, disappearing from sight, Doğan news agency reported.

CHP spokesperson Haluk Koç said it was the first time the PKK kidnapped an elected deputy and said it was time for politicians to stop placing the blame at each other and act together. "It is enough" Koç told CNN Türk.

It was reported that Aygün anounced his visit to Ovacık on his Facebook page prior to the event. Intelligence officials said this fact might have contributed to the lawmaker's kidnapping.

Tunceli Governor's Office have set up a crisis center to direct efforts to rescue Aygün.

The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the United States and the European Union

POLITICS - PKK kidnaps CHP deputy.

How did they manage with all this? I mean seriously this people are dam skilled. And they are creating big damage to your country almost everyday :(

How did they manage with all this? I mean seriously this people are dam skilled. And they are creating big damage to your country almost everyday :(

As a Swede you are more aware of this situation than anyone else here. Congrats. No offense meant, i am speechless. You gave a Good explanation.

Two thirds of your posts are about PKK. No offense, just out of curiosity but can i ask why you are so interested?

Two thirds of your posts are about PKK. No offense, just out of curiosity but can i ask why you are so interested?

Yes I'm very curious about this conflict because i had many Turkish and Kurdish friends.

Yes I'm very curious about this conflict because i had many Turkish and Kurdish friends.

Southeast is warzone unofficially, especially bordertowns.

One of my friend with whom i used to go hunting has served as commando private in hakkari late 90's. An outpost came under fire, they were sent as back-up to fortify the position. The outpost unit was almost wiped out. My friend claim as rpg7 carrier shot down a terrorist blewing up apart. The commander located the terrorists through nightvision, he fired the shot. NeXT morning c-team arrived, which means special operations, took back the positions of those terrorists.

Another one served as lieutenant commando in Hakkari during mid 2000's. The outpost where he was postioned came under fire a few times. He had lotsa stories related dead and blood. By the time he finished his service, he lost his ability to talk, then regained.

Southeast is warzone unofficially, especially bordertowns.

One of my friend with whom i used to go hunting has served as commando private in hakkari late 90's. An outpost came under fire, they were sent as back-up to fortify the position. The outpost unit was almost wiped out. My friend claim as rpg7 carrier shot down a terrorist blewing up apart. The commander located the terrorists through nightvision, he fired the shot. NeXT morning c-team arrived, which means special operations, took back the positions of those terrorists.

Another one served as lieutenant commando in Hakkari during mid 2000's. The outpost where he was postioned came under fire a few times. He had lotsa stories related dead and blood. By the time he finished his service, he lost his ability to talk, then regained.

Sounds pretty brutal..

Sounds pretty brutal..

My service was pretty easy. I did in a secure town as gendarmerie. Just luck.

One of my commander told us booby traps. They collected parts of body of a comrade blown up by C4. When i see the face of him, i had both respect and fear.

Today a Turkish soldier can not open fire againts a terrorist without warning first thanks to AKPs stupid politics , we need to go back to 90s and everything will be fine.

Today a Turkish soldier can not open fire againts a terrorist without warning first thanks to AKPs stupid politics , we need to go back to 90s and everything will be fine.

Do Americans have to give warning to taliban before shooting? Just curious because I don't know.

They are not skilled; the only thing that is causing is that we don't have precautions.

Plus the CHP deputy himself is a Kurd who supports terrorism.

Lack of precautions is a factor, but they're well trained too, thats a fact, we can clearly see that from their actions, there is no point on persisting to call them poor plunderers.

I do not believe that he has kidnapped by Pkk. I am pretty sure he just joined them and he will be a guest of pkk for a while. This is new game of chp for sabotaging operations of TSK. There are two parties in Turkiye which are supporting pkk. They are bdp and chp.

Back
Top Bottom