What's new

Photos of Ayub Khan visiting East pakistan (bangladesh)

Looks like the imperial viceroy inspecting his colony..

@ Who said that we were the colony ? We were in equel footing and we were proud for that. I saw Ayub first in the year 1964/65 once he was campaigning for the Presidential Election in East Pakistan. Almost the whole of the male people of our village went to the Sub-Divisionsal Town just to see Ayub Khan.

@ Then in 1965, I went to Noshera and there I saw him for one occassion. Then in 1967, we went to Rawalpindi and here I could manage to shake hand with him. There after I used to see him every year on the occassion of 6 September (The Armed Forces Day ).

@ The separation of East Pakistan from Pakistan was mainly instigated by India and finally they were successful. What I consider now, " It was a movement against a State which was already an independent and Soveriegn State ". The whole damm movement was a futile attempt which in reality has no end result rather we became more vulnerable. Each and every moment now we are in a deep thinking, are our next generation be able to survive from the black clutches of India ??????

Yep, looks normal in this one. He looked like a giant in the other pic.

If you look all the other pics where he is americans you can clearly see he is of their height if not taller, look at the pic posted by CB4 (on the right hand side is ayub khan in Shirwani). I really dislike this Indian mentality they never accept anything good about Pakistan or Pakistanis.

Truth is Ayub Khan was quite TALL, accept it or not and one more fact Pakistanis are TALLER than Indians duh:victory:

@ Who said that we were the colony ? We were in equel footing and we were proud for that. I saw Ayub first in the year 1964/65 once he was campaigning for the Presidential Election in East Pakistan. Almost the whole of the male people of our village went to the Sub-Divisionsal Town just to see Ayub Khan.

@ Then in 1965, I went to Noshera and there I saw him for one occassion. Then in 1967, we went to Rawalpindi and here I could manage to shake hand with him. There after I used to see him every year on the occassion of 6 September (The Armed Forces Day ).

@ The separation of East Pakistan from Pakistan was mainly instigated by India and finally they were successful. What I consider now, " It was a movement against a State which was already an independent and Soveriegn State ". The whole damm movement was a futile attempt which in reality has no end result rather we became more vulnerable. Each and every moment now we are in a deep thinking, are our next generation be able to survive from the black clutches of India ??????

So you still consider yourself as East Pakistani or Bangladeshi, I am confused.

These six points??

1. Pakistan shall be a Federal State. There shall be a parliamentary government formed by a legislature elected on the basis of universal adult franchise.
  2. The federating units or the provinces shall deal with all affairs except foreign relations and defence.
  3. There shall be two separate but easily convertible currencies for the two wings of Pakistan. Or alternatively, there may by a single currency with the provision that the Federal Bank shall take adequate measures to stop the siphoning off from East Pakistan to West Pakistan.
  4. The federating units or provinces shall reserve the rights to levy taxes. The central government, of course, shall have some share of the tax proceeds.
  5. Separate accounts shall be maintained for the foreign exchange earnings of the two wings. The foreign exchange earned from foreign trade shall be under the control of the respective wings. The federating units shall be independent in conducting trades with foreign countries.
  6. The federating provinces shall be able to raise para-militia or para-military forces for their own defences.

Yes of this some may be changed like different currencies .west Pakistani leadership refute it telling it would weaken the country but if they at least for the east Pakistan as it was separated by 1500 mile Pakistan may not disintegrate in two pieces . they didn't like weak country but had to digest separation of country .

The thing that stands out in the pictures is the accessibility leaders back then had to the masses - no security detail, bullet proof glasses - nothing.

Yup. no security, no bullet proof stuff

Jacqueline-Kennedy-Rides-In-Motorcade-In-Pakistan-March-21-1962.jpg

large-p-30-a.jpg

ayub-khan.bmp

Last edited:

The latest assessment of my historical analysis of our landmass says, that you were right, we were gaddars after all. None of our leaders foresaw that by ourselves we could not maintain our sovereignty. We are a slave nation that is not fit for self rule. It was better to be under a Pakistan which was at least Muslim, than to be slaves of Hindu India, which we are today. In 1947 we made the right decision, but in 1971 we screwed up big time.

Pakistan went on to become an independent and powerful nuclear power, while Bangladesh is now ruled by Indian puppet, going from bad to worse. This proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that all those leaders and their followers that wanted "independence and liberation" were short sighted fools.

Last edited:
In 1947 we made the right decision, but in 1971 we screwed up big time.

Ha ha I see you changed your position again. I remember not so long ago you said on this very forum how 1947 was a mistake, not once but multiple times. One just has to google it to find your old posts. It's hard to take someone seriously if he keeps changing his position. Who knows tomorrow you'd say something different.

I just googled Google . There are not one but many posts by you saying 1947 was a blunder and you had no problem with separation from Pakistan, your only problem was that India was behind it. You even opened a thread on this once. Get a grip man.:lol:

Note that I mentioned the mistake in 1947, which is partition. Like Abul Kalam Azad, the late congress leader, I consider the partition as the great mistake, I was not talking about 1971 or Bangladesh. After 1947 partition and the way the Radcliffe borders were delineated, it was inevitable that the two wings of Pakistan would separate. Lord Mountbatten gave it 25 years and it lasted 24 years and 7 months. I have no issue with this separation and having an independent Bangladesh, the issue I have is the way it was done, with India engineering it from behind the scenes

Lost the election and everything suddenly changed. :haha::sarcastic:

What if partition did not happen in 1947?
Agartala Conspiracy confession, what does it mean for our history | Page 7

Last edited:
I mean your govt never tried extensively to restore East Pakistan after 17 debacle . may be if you tried on six point demand offer by mujib with some modification we may united again after 71 but nothing happened .

6 points = seperation.

The latest assessment of my historical analysis of our landmass says, that you were right, we were gaddars after all. None of our leaders foresaw that by ourselves we could not maintain our sovereignty. We are a slave nation that is not fit for self rule. It was better to be under a Pakistan which was at least Muslim, than to be slaves of Hindu India, which we are today. In 1947 we made the right decision, but in 1971 we screwed up big time.

Pakistan went on to become an independent and powerful nuclear power, while Bangladesh is now ruled by Indian puppet, going from bad to worse. This proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that all those leaders and their followers that wanted "independence and liberation" were short sighted fools.

Turned out Jamat-e-Islami was right to oppose separation.

Mahmood-ur-Rahman (detained Amar Desh editor) once said there are at least 30% Bangladeshi people are natural born Indian dalals.

Is there any doubt about his assessment?

Back
Top Bottom