What's new

Photos of Ayub Khan visiting East pakistan (bangladesh)

Most Bangladeshis I met in real life are really friendly probably older ones got a problem.

Ask them if they want to rejoin Pakistan. Of course most people are friendly in real life. I haven't met a single Pakistani who isn't friendly despite the animosity between the two countries.

Ask them if they want to rejoin Pakistan. Of course most people are friendly in real life. I haven't met a single Pakistani who isn't friendly.

I have spoken to them about it and they be like it was unfortunate and should not have happened (71) but they agree with me that it would be nearly impossible especially with the distance in between.

Just leadership? If it was so easy it would have happened by now. Do you think most Bangladeshis would want to rejoin Pakistan? Go talk to some of them in real life about it. PDF Bangladeshis represent a small fraction of them. Try convincing the Bangladeshi population about it. :lol:

If you ever get a chance to watch Pakistan vs India Cricket match, you'll know Bangladeshi side of support

If you ever get a chance to watch Pakistan vs India Cricket match, you'll know Bangladeshi side of support

Right now there is definitely some amount of anti India feeling in Bangladesh, but I have seen old cricket matches (independence cup 1999 comes to mind) where there was overwhelming support for India. Even last year there was more than decent support for India. Check this video

Check this one an old video from independence cup final, huge support for India.

i was NOT born then so cant say how were those days but by reading history i feel missing east Pakistan
East pak was a colonial outpost of W Pak. they sucked out natural resources while keeping them poor and without political power. Your missing e pak is like a britisher missing the Raj.

Rejoining may be difficult (we are gaddars after all, once a gaddar always a gaddar, should not be trusted again), but replacing the Indian puppet with a govt. that is anti-India and friendly to Muslim countries and China should not be difficult. Its a question of time, money and backing from powerful countries.

Some rare color images

83956681-seated-portrait-of-muhammad-ayub-khan-the-gettyimages.jpg

In Karachi

78965439-royal-tour-to-pakistan-queen-elizabeth-ii-and-gettyimages.jpg

141771445-queen-elizabeth-ii-drives-through-karachi-in-gettyimages.jpg

Well i am certainly not a day dreamer about the Bangladesh and Pakistan becoming one again, but we can come certainly close to each other unlike any other nations. As long there are jokers like Shiekh Hasina in power in Bangladesh, she will certainly keep alive all those disastrous events during 71 or before, just to keep herself in power, typical tactics of politicians. Fresh faces with fresh approach in Bangladeshi politics can provide greater prospects of improved bilateral relations. On the other hand Pakistan has to settle all the issues, including terrorism, to progress economically, and to exhibit it's true potential. All this plus having a shared history, can provide a platform for much improved relations between people of two countries...!

Rejoining may be difficult, but replacing the Indian puppet with a govt. that is anti-India and friendly to Muslim countries and China should not be difficult. Its a question of time, money and backing from powerful countries.

China was one of the first countries to congratulate Hasina. They don't care about your internal politics.:)

Doesn't mean that they want to join Pakistan and I wish they never do.

I didn't reply to that and i never said they should.

The fact of the matter is Bangladeshis today hate India more than Pakistan They are so much suppressed under their current leadership that they literally don't give a damn about the past. Cricket is just one of the few things that that gives you that taste. The sport is about winning and loosing and they want to India to loose because of the political actions it had on their country. Thats the point i was trying to make.

Right now there is definitely some amount of anti India feeling in Bangladesh, but I have seen old cricket matches (independence cup 1999 comes to mind) where there was overwhelming support for India. Even last year there was more than decent support for India. Check this video

Check this one an old video from independence cup final, huge support for India.

how did a post-indian victory heartbroken subdued crowd prove their there is no anti-india feeling?

East pak was a colonial outpost of W Pak. they sucked out natural resources while keeping them poor and without political power. Your missing e pak is like a britisher missing the Raj.
your attitude is and was like that of an oppressive zamindar class sucking the physical and cultural wealth out of Muslim Bengal until its independence in 1947 and now trying to cover up with foul talk of "West Pakis". oh wait you really do represent that

Calm down auntie Jee, nice to know what your history books teach you.

Back
Top Bottom