What's new

Photos of Ayub Khan visiting East pakistan (bangladesh)

@ I liked the wife of General Ayub. She was very pretty and beautiful. She always wears a "Shari" type cloth. Was she a Bengali women or a Hindustani ????

@ " Menu tere nal piar ho gia ". " Soon balori rakh walia asha dil tere nal lalia ".

No i think its her daughter in this photo. Ayub was ethnically Pukhtun

@ It happened in Dinajpur District where all lifted mines and surrendered weapons of Pakistan Army were stored but suddenly all were blasted in one day. I even heard it from 25 km from my house.

@ It seems your father deployed in and around Saidpur, Rangpur, Dinajpur. You know that in this sector Pakistan Army was not defeated rather they withdrew from Punchagarh-Thakurgaon and took up defence on the line Birganj-Nilphamari-Domar as per plan and consolidated their defence but unfortunately on 16 December 1971 they got the withdrawn order.

My father is from Ishadi as i only know Dhaka dont know where is Ishadi exactly in Bangladesh
He told me that after surrender almost 2 days later indian army came into his village but by the grace of Allah they were bihari and didnt do any harm to my family and at that time my grand mother was severely ill they gave her some medicines too :)

My father is from Ishadi as i only know Dhaka dont know where is Ishadi exactly in Bangladesh
He told me that after surrender almost 2 days later indian army came into his village but by the grace of Allah they were bihari and didnt do any harm to my family and at that time my grand mother was severely ill they gave her some medicines too :)

are you a bihari ?

No doubt Ayub Khan had an impressive presence, but sadly the pictures tell the real story - he seems like a visiting dignitary from a foreign country not our very own President. The way things are today is how they were always destined to be and we'd all be better off accepting it.

Personally most Pakistani's I know couldn't care 2 figs what happens to BD now - so i don't know why the BDeshis are flagellating themselves publicly on this forum. A healthy dose of self-respect really is in order here (or a jump straight down the proverbial well, if they're too overcome with shame).

You would never even dream of a Pakistani saying they should rejoin India just because they're going through a bad phase - why on earth would any self-respecting BDeshi do the same?

Of course we should have good relationships with Pakistan but also India and every other player in the region. Everything BD is today is because of our own people's hard work, loyalty and inventiveness. Nobody gave BD anything on a plate. Now after 40-odd years, why do we need some other country to look after us?

Obviously, BD will never rejoin Pakistan, not only is it practically impossible but thousands died to create this country which is progressing faster than most in the region.

We wish for the independent Bangladesh to prosper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom