What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Just a thought, I'd argue it wouldn't be over 5-7, it would be more like 10-15 years (similar to how Israel did with the Tavor).
I'd say 15-20+ years. If anything, this rifle program is more about making POF a heavier commercial player via a leading rifle design than promptly replacing the G-3. It is telling that official disclosure of these tests came during a COAS visit to POF.

I'd say 15-20+ years. If anything, this rifle program is more about making POF a heavier commercial player via a leading rifle design than promptly replacing the G-3. It is telling that official disclosure of these tests came during a COAS visit to POF.
To me, all the signs point to a winner being announced in november, due to the fact that IDEAS 2016 and the COAS's retirement are both set during that month. I feel that it could be a Kayani moment, when Kayani officially inaugurated the Shahpar just days before retiring.

What do you think?

To me, all the signs point to a winner being announced in november, due to the fact that IDEAS 2016 and the COAS's retirement are both set during that month. I feel that it could be a Kayani moment, when Kayani officially inaugurated the Shahpar just days before retiring.

What do you think?
Possibly. Would make sense if they want to generate vendor interest in Pakistan, exhibitions are a great place to ink deals.

Is this AK-103 ???????????????
AK-103.png

CpPuevuWIAA45pE.jpg:large

This is interesting can any one explain that in this pic both AK-104 and AK-103 are 7.62 x 39 Caliber so what is the difference in them ???

But AK in large numbers for say Kashmir and western border are favoured by the PA , what do you think ?
Mostly because those areas aren't favorable for the G3; the AK (type 56) was Pakistan's only real alternative option. Now a days, there are better options for Pakistan, the AK is simply outclassed by other rifles.

Mostly because those areas aren't favorable for the G3; the AK (type 56) was Pakistan's only real alternative option. Now a days, there are better options for Pakistan, the AK is simply outclassed by other rifles.
I think even if SCAR or Berreta or CZ is selected I really think AK-103 or some other AK Gun would also come. Just like our Air Force has special love for F-16 our Army has special love for AK.

I think even if SCAR or Berreta or CZ is selected I really think AK-103 or some other AK Gun would also come. Just like our Air Force has special love for F-16 our Army has special love for AK.
I wouldn't really say it's love, more like the best option they had available at the time.

Back
Top Bottom