What's new

Pakistan Is About to Buy a Half-Million New Rifles

I have no idea what went on in the competition itself, but I searched youtube for some reviews on CZ 806 BREN 2. I've tried to summarize what's in the videos along with links to the videos. My own take is that this rifle gets huge plus points for ruggedness which seems to be at par with AK-47 famous for its ability to fire immediately after pulling out of dirt. This is something you really have to see - look at the second video. Unfortunately, we don't get any indication of performance in extremely cold temperatures so no idea how it will perform in Siachen like environments.

One point I don't like is the need to hit the bolt stop/cocking handle after loading new magazine. I wouldn't want to worry about that in the heat of battle. But hopefully, this gives incentive to our POF guys to come up with some innovation.

Also I really hope they haven't selected the 5.56 calibre.

If the POF intends to acquire this as a platform and keep improving it indigenously, that is very good. Hopefully, they get knowledge of new manufacturing processes, new materials, new technologies, which they can use to create indigenously designed weapons.
-----------------------------------

Improved weight: about 3 kg

Barrel length: 11 inches

Improved mechansim, charging handle does not move during firing, if you encounter problems with charging handle resolve simply through forward assist.

Easily stripped - no tools needed, easy to clean.

Position available for silencer but you need to arm the rifle after each shot.

Reloading involves inserting the magazine and hitting the bolt stop

Rifle is ambidextrous, simpler than previous version, has telescoping stock which is removable

Barrel comes in 8, 11, and 14 inches sizes.

The rifle shown in the video is 5.56 mm but can be changed to 7.62 mm. You need to change barrel, the cocking handle, the magazine receive, and the magazine.

With the short barrel, shooting length is 300 m max, and with 11/14 inches it is about 400 or 500 meters depending on ammunition used, sights, and the shooter.

-----------------------------------
This one is really awesome

To get an indication of shooting accuracy, look at 00:51

CZ Bren 2 accuracy.png

Pull it out of the water and start shooting. Robust aircraft grade hard aluminium receiver with extremely resistant surface protection.

Pull it out of sand and start shooting.

Drop from height and start shooting.

Indian Media: PAKISTAN IS BUYING HALF A MILLION NEW RIFLES TO FUEL GENOCIDE IN PUNJAB, KPK, BALOCHISTAN, SINDH, AJAD KASHMIR, PARMARU BOMB GETTING MOBILIZED

Pakistan Khareed raha hay....half million permaru gun...amam ki asha ma hoa tamasha...aman ki batieen krna wala pakistan...kya waqai aman chanta hay??? kya in rifles sa miley gi atang ko aik nai zindagi?
In sab ki jankari ka lye dekhiye..Arnab Goswami....sirf India today per!

Pakistan Khareed raha hay....half million permaru gun...amam ki asha ma hoa tamasha...aman ki batieen krna wala pakistan...kya waqai aman chanta hay??? kya in rifles sa miley gi atang ko aik nai zindagi?

Buahahahahahhahahaha
permaru gun hahahahah

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Bangladesh armed forces also uses the weapons + ammo manufactured by our Ordnance factories for our locally-produced Heckler & Koch G3A3 battle rifles chambered in 7.62-by-51 mm /LMG and Kalashnikov-style Chinese Type BD-08 , LMGs TYPE BD-14,etc, chambered in 7.62-by-39 millimeter.

We will definitely learn a lot from your practical experience, both from training + first hand CQB and live exchanges in the L.O.C.

you forget to write " Pak ke napak iraday, bharat ke liye aik aur khatra. kiya bhartiya sena ye pak ke iss hithyar muqabala kar sake gi " :lol::lol:

Hummm. I don't know why FC SCAR didn't win the race. I was sure FN would be the new rifle of PA but sadly it isn't.

Bangladesh armed forces also uses the weapons + ammo manufactured by our Ordnance factories for our locally-produced Heckler & Koch G3A3 battle rifles chambered in 7.62-by-51 mm /LMG and Kalashnikov-style Chinese Type BD-08 , LMGs TYPE BD-14,etc, chambered in 7.62-by-39 millimeter.

We will definitely learn a lot from your practical experience, both from training + first hand CQB and live exchanges in the L.O.C.
They're unlikely to be used on LoC anytime soon, even after official adoption. Initially, they'll be distributed on an urgent replacement basis, so special force, infantry active against insurgents, ANF...etc. So, any new rifle will probably see combat relatively immediately (post retraining with the new rifles and active deployment), but they'll be used against militants, not against conventional forces.

[Edit]: In fact, I'd say that new rifles won't see active deployment across the LoC for at least 5-8 years, after a final decision on the winning rifle is made.

ANY LIVE COMBAT EXPERIENCE, BY THIS NEW WEAPON,WHEREVER USED, WOULD BENEFIT ALL
AS OPTIMUM UTILIZATION OF OUR LOCALLY PRODUCED EXISTING AMMUNITION IS OUR MAIN CONCERN, WITHOUT THE NEED TO INTRODUCE NEW EXPENSIVE MANUFACTURING PLANTS, THAT'S THE VITAL ISSUE.

AS ALL OUR WEAPONS INCLUSIVE OF GPMG,HMG,ETC USE OUR LOCALLY PRODUCED AMMO,AS STATED EARLIER.

YOUR FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, WILL INDEED BE IMMENSELY HELPFUL. AS THIS NEW TYPE HAS ALL THE FEATURES FOR ATTACHING UBGL, NIGHT VISION, TELESCOPIC SIGHTS RED DOT, SILENCERS,ETC,,

OUR TERRAINS ARE DIFFERENT HOWEVER,COMPRISING OF TROPICAL RAIN+ MOISTURE AND DUST.

i would love to see BERETTA ARX 200 for 7.62x51 and CZ BREN 806 BREN 2 for 7.63x39.. SCAR seem very for us:what:

A good review of cz bren 805 and comparison with scar 16 (both 5.56x45). Although PA is considering 806/7 in 7.62x39, but atleast it can give us an idea how good or bad the rifle is; as we may know that 806/7 is an improved version of the 805.

Another short review but this one has the full auto

Last edited:
Belgium Delegation comes with this Rifle in Ideas 2016 ..
can anyone name this gun ? i think its Scral .. ? but this is one hell of a cool Gun
@DESERT FIGHTER @Technogaianist @Sarge @Ulla
Yes these are SCAR Rifles

Hummm. I don't know why FC SCAR didn't win the race. I was sure FN would be the new rifle of PA but sadly it isn't.
No Rifle has won the race yet. Trials are still on and so are discussions. Bren even if selected would replace Type 56 not G3 for G3 talks are taking place with Berreta and SCAR. One of them would come. @tarrar

Back
Top Bottom