What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
This is the most strange part we were testing Guns with two calibers I mean 7.62 X 51 and 7.62 x 39. That is why confusion exists

Strangely, no bullpup design competing. Earlier I saw mentions of 5.56 as the caliber, but then it seems like no weapons in the run. Please give some input.

Strangely, no bullpup design competing. Earlier I saw mentions of 5.56 as the caliber, but then it seems like no weapons in the run. Please give some input.
13516669_1228060340583458_670231768459794403_n.jpg

Sir these are the rifles in competition If you can somehow recognize all of them it would be great

At this stage it's just 7.62x51 and 7.62x39. But the actual guns being tested are flexible designs, i.e they can be built in variants (e.g. 7.62x51, x39, 5.56 NATO, etc) with very limited additional development cost.

At this stage it's just 7.62x51 and 7.62x39. But the actual guns being tested are flexible designs, i.e they can be built in variants (e.g. 7.62x51, x39, 5.56 NATO, etc) with very limited additional development cost.
Except for the AK, every weapon is expensive. Even with offset and local assembly, cannot come close the budget Pakistan may assign to replace national service rifle. 7.62 NATO and Warsaw seems to be the choice due to local ammo production. There were a lot of negative reviews of 5.56 caliber and its stopping power during waziristan operation. Still, i was hoping to see atleast one bullpup design in the fray but there is none.

Except for the AK, every weapon is expensive. Even with offset and local assembly, cannot come close the budget Pakistan may assign to replace national service rifle. 7.62 NATO and Warsaw seems to be the choice due to local ammo production. There were a lot of negative reviews of 5.56 caliber and its stopping power during waziristan operation. Still, i was hoping to see atleast one bullpup design in the fray but there is none.
The Turkish MPT-76 and Czech BREN 2 aren't too far from the AK-103 in terms of cost.

Sir gee mentioned quite a few times money is not a issue several army sources said they brought the weapons for test after recognizing costs etc

Is it not possible to shift to Warsaw for 51 what's are the differences I mean I after having fired found 39 to be easier in rapid fire

The Turkish MPT-76 and Czech BREN 2 aren't too far from the AK-103 in terms of cost.
Turkish MKEK has been trialled before by the Army for other weapons and result was unsat.

Sir gee mentioned quite a few times money is not a issue several army sources said they brought the weapons for test after recognizing costs etc

Is it not possible to shift to Warsaw for 51 what's are the differences I mean I after having fired found 39 to be easier in rapid fire

Money will always be an issue. It will always be about budget, and a fine balance is to be met. If something works, it will be considered.

Turkish MKEK has been trialled before by the Army for other weapons and result was unsat.

Money will always be an issue. It will always be about budget, and a fine balance is to be met. If something works, it will be considered.
Sir a friend talked to senior Army guys and what he said was money is not the issue. The trials were started after calculating everything and thinking of every scenario. Army Guys didn't woke up one day decided to have rifle trials and next week they were having trials. They knew what they are doing before starting trials.

Sir a friend talked to senior Army guys and what he said was money is not the issue. The trials were started after calculating everything and thinking of every scenario. Army Guys didn't woke up one day decided to have rifle trials and next week they were having trials. They knew what they are doing before starting trials.
Told you @Bilal Khan 777

Pakistan army is used to buying Norinco SMG for 120 USD approx. What makes you think they will spend thousands of dollars each on a service rifle. Multiple that by a million over 5-7 years.
Because times have changed. We even rejected VT4 Chinese Tank as it failed. We are looking for a rifle which we can use for next 35 years at minimum. Pakistan is more than ready to invest in battle rifle only question which rifle would past tests ???

SCAR should be procured no more time should be wasted year ago this started

Pakistan army is used to buying Norinco SMG for 120 USD approx. What makes you think they will spend thousands of dollars each on a service rifle. Multiple that by a million over 5-7 years.
Just a thought, I'd argue it wouldn't be over 5-7, it would be more like 10-15 years (similar to how Israel did with the Tavor).

Back
Top Bottom