What's new

Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal could become world’s third-biggest: report

How many Indian cities are there??

1 nuke for each city, that'd be enough .

Estimates of Pakistan's rate of growth of nuclear warheads are often exaggerated in the West and blindly quoted by some by Indian analysts as well. The main thing to understand about estimates of the number of nuclear bombs is that no one outside the respective governments will really know how many weapons have been assembled. And the government people are not likely to talk. Most estimates by non-governmental think-tanks and analysts are just unverifiable hearsay. The only responsible outside estimates are based on nuclear fissile materials production and stocks.

Pakistan has set up 3 plutonium producing reactors at Khushab and a fourth is in the making. But these are heavy water reactors of about 50 MWth capacity.

Such reactors typically produce, at 65 per cent efficiency, about 7 kg of Pu each per year. At best the three reactors can together produce only 105 kg in five years, which can fuel about 21 warheads.

Moreover, once the Pu is produced in the reactors it is not immediately available for making bombs. The fuel rods have to be cooled for a couple of years and then reprocessed to have the weapon-usable Pu extracted. So the actual production of assembled weapons will be much less.

The current arsenal as quoted is supposed to be about 110 weapons. So even if that is correct and they add 21 more in the next five years, Pakistan cannot reach 200 warheads by 2020 let alone 350 in the next 5-10 years.

Earlier Pakistani weapons used highly enriched uranium produced by A Q Khan's centrifuges - but it's domestic supply of raw uranium is limited and can barely feed the four Khushabh reactors. So there is unlikely to be much left for enrichment by centrifuges. The estimate of Pakistan's arsenal comes around 130 warheads or less by 2020 let alone 350 in the next 5-10 years.

The question is simple

How many nukes does it take to completely annihilate india?

We should then aim for that number

When the time comes we should mass unload on india
A 12kt warhead theoretically leveled every thing with in 3 square kilo meters rest you calculate. I believe we have maximum yield 350 Kts.

India was only responsible for creation of Bangladesh, and NOT for the breakdown of Pakistan....
It is just a lame excuse.. And you call me a nescient!!!
India is our enemy, if it did get nuclear weapons and we didn't we all know what situation would be today. Nuclear weapons are countering India's, we never had a direct nuclear policy.
We focus too much on Security issues and they still go from bad to worst everyday,without eradicating Corruption we can do nothing......
Be a little more optimistic....

This is all that Really Matters :

India has far larger stockpiles of plutonium -- which is needed to produce high-yield warheads – than Pakistan does. But the report says India appears to be using most of its plutonium to produce domestic energy.

Now that is something to be proud of, after all Nukes 100x or 1000x wont matter ( even 1 Nuke will do unimaginable damage ) , the Bulbs in a common man's house will.

Like India, Pakistan too needs Electricity far far far...more than Nukes( which they already have ).

India knows ( Like France, Israel and China , It doesnt need any more nukes ) this, when will Pakistan Realize the Same ?

On a Serious Note, In 2015, what really matters is the DELIVERY of the weapon rather the NUMBER of weapons. This is why Israel, China and India are now focusing on R&D in Deliveray systems like Subs and MIRVs.

India with Nuclear SSBNs , Air Launched Supersonic Missiles and Next Generation Agni IV, MIRV Capable Agni V, is much better position to conduct an ACCURATE , PIN POINTED , RETALIATION ( NFU ).

The Only Logic that does go in favor of having more Nukes for Pakistan is the Deployment of Indian BMD system.

Estimates of Pakistan's rate of growth of nuclear warheads are often exaggerated in the West and blindly quoted by some by Indian analysts as well. The main thing to understand about estimates of the number of nuclear bombs is that no one outside the respective governments will really know how many weapons have been assembled. And the government people are not likely to talk. Most estimates by non-governmental think-tanks and analysts are just unverifiable hearsay. The only responsible outside estimates are based on nuclear fissile materials production and stocks.

Pakistan has set up 3 plutonium producing reactors at Khushab and a fourth is in the making. But these are heavy water reactors of about 50 MWth capacity.

Such reactors typically produce, at 65 per cent efficiency, about 7 kg of Pu each per year. At best the three reactors can together produce only 105 kg in five years, which can fuel about 21 warheads.

Moreover, once the Pu is produced in the reactors it is not immediately available for making bombs. The fuel rods have to be cooled for a couple of years and then reprocessed to have the weapon-usable Pu extracted. So the actual production of assembled weapons will be much less.

The current arsenal as quoted is supposed to be about 110 weapons. So even if that is correct and they add 21 more in the next five years, Pakistan cannot reach 200 warheads by 2020 let alone 350 in the next 5-10 years.

Earlier Pakistani weapons used highly enriched uranium produced by A Q Khan's centrifuges - but it's domestic supply of raw uranium is limited and can barely feed the four Khushabh reactors. So there is unlikely to be much left for enrichment by centrifuges. The estimate of Pakistan's arsenal comes around 130 warheads or less by 2020 let alone 350 in the next 5-10 years.

India is our enemy, if it did get nuclear weapons and we didn't we all know what situation would be today. Nuclear weapons are countering India's, we never had a direct nuclear policy.
This implies, that Pakistan's existence depends on India.... Really???

Of course you are entitled to . So do we . We should have equal amount of weapon of our enemy. But india can afford china afford how you can afford . Having warheads are one thing and maintaining them is completely different ballgame altogether . Am sure even with peanut sized brain we know 100 warheads is just not enough . That too with patriotic civil administration at the centre . Free hand will be givrn to our military establishment to counter it and makes sure those who use nuke on india wont survive . Simple concept of "Unacceptable damage"
I hope you know a common phrase here Eat Mango don't count Trees! This is enough for me we having around 300 now and how we managed it not my concern, hope someone who knows details about it might help you, I wish we never use it but as I told before having a large quantity of it India never think about a war adventure.

This implies, that Pakistan's existence depends on India.... Really???
Are you retarded or something? Enemies will look to balances shit out, period. I can quote US, Russia- similar scenarios too. Again do not post in topics you know not much about.

I think khusab 4 is up and running now

With kusab 5 in the pipeline

All we need is enough weapons to completely destroy india, leaving no rock to hide under

If that means 300 nukes than so be it

And 20 Crore Muslim will be killed... What kind of Muslim Nation Pakistan is... Killer of Muslim?? WHat your God al-aha(real name of Moon God who was later called as allah by Muhammad) will say if you reach heaven???

I hope you know a common phrase here Eat Mango don't count Trees! This is enough for me we having around 300 now and how we managed it not my concern, hope someone who knows details about it might help you, I wish we never use it but as I told before having a large quantity of it India never think about a war adventure.

Taliban is eyeing your mango.. If Pakistan Fauj gives one mango to Taliban, Taliban will use that Mango at Peshawar..

Why are these "reports" coming up again and again?

How many threads have I seen on the same topic.

All we need is enough weapons to completely destroy india, leaving no rock to hide under

If that means 300 nukes than so be it

Don't bother...we have ABM..do you think Indians are fools that will leave India's security to Pakistan's mercy..but who, in retaliation, is going to save Pakistan from Indian nukes...

Are you retarded or something? Enemies will look to balances shit out, period. I can quote US, Russia- similar scenarios too. Again do not post in topics you know not much about.
How much more enemies will you create?? Hindus, sikhs and India, jews and israel, christians and US, russia, afghanistan, budhists, zorastrians.... what the heck????? oh yes, you have friend china...

He is running out of unrelated and troll-infested things to say.

Kindly ignore. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom