What's new

Pakistanis rally to save Hindu temple

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani labourers work at a construction site of an underpass near a Hindu temple in Karachi on March 24, 2014. (AFP/RIZWAN TABASSUM)

Pakistani Hindus and human rights activists are calling on authorities in Karachi to halt the construction of an overpass, which they argue threatens the foundation of a 150-year-old Hindu temple. Activists say the overpass construction, metres away from the Shree Ratneshwar Mahadev Temple, is creating vibrations that could severely damage the building's structure.

Chief Justice of Pakistan Tassaduq Hussain Jillani took action on the issue by ordering an environmental impact report from the government to be submitted within two weeks. The overpass is financed by Bahria Town, a real estate developer that wants the road to link to a skyscraper it is building a few hundred metres away.

Pakistanis rally to save Hindu temple

The title should have been..."Pakistani Hindus rally to save Hindu temple"....
Actually it was the Muslims who rallied, but that won't go in your tiny head. Heritage and environment organizations protested initially and went to govt.

ya ya,we see cabinet ministers stopping hindus from crossing the border.

sab apne auqaat mein kabhi na kabhi pahunch hi jaate hain

Auqat depends on the circumstances, Savior of the weak wont save him if weak start kicking him in the buts

No read the article again. The matter in the article says different story that the heading.

You haven't read it, I bet... It clearly mentions THJ, the chief justice of Pakistan took notice.. When apex court takes notice it means it takes suo motto notice.

This is what apex court has issued, read it and find yourself the reason behind this notice... Meanwhile spare this forum from trolling.

The Hon’ble Chief Justice of Pakistan Mr. Justice Tassaduq Hussain Jillani took notice on press clippings of different news papers dated 22.03.2014 containing the statement of Chairperson, Human Rights Commission of Pakistan stating that an old Hindu temple (Shri Ratneshwar Mahadev) in Karachi is threatened by the construction of underpasses and flyovers at Clifton.

Taking the cognizance, the Hon’ble Chief Justice of Pakistan passed the following order:

“Detailed reports be called from Chief Secretary, Govt. of Sindh and Administrator Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) within two weeks with respect to the environmental assessment studies and the potential threat, if any, to the said temple.”

HCJP TAKES NOTICE OF THREATS POSED TO TEMPLE AT KARACHI

You haven't read it, I bet... It clearly mentions THJ, the chief justice of Pakistan took notice.. When apex court takes notice it means it takes suo motto notice.

This is what apex court has issued, read it and find yourself the reason behind this notice... Meanwhile spare this forum from trolling.

HCJP TAKES NOTICE OF THREATS POSED TO TEMPLE AT KARACHI

Pakistani Hindus and human rights activists are calling on authorities in Karachi to halt the construction of an overpass, which they argue threatens the foundation of a 150-year-old Hindu temple.

Have u ever seen me trolling ??

Pakistani Hindus and human rights activists are calling on authorities in Karachi to halt the construction of an overpass, which they argue threatens the foundation of a 150-year-old Hindu temple.

"Up ahead on the prime land are located the historical Jehangir Kothari Parade and the Shri Ratneshwar Mahadev temple, and Bagh-i-Ibn-i-Qasim beyond it. The walkway along the Jehangir Kothari Parade is mostly dug up. Politicians woke up to the alarm raised by the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan earlier about the danger to the more than 150-year-old temple that’s built in a tunnel, and diverted the digging from the area around the temple."

“The temple committee held a meeting here and we have been assured by the government that no harm will come to the temple and the bagh and the digging work will only take place around it,” says one gentleman associated with the temple, requesting anonymity. “What choice do we, the minority, have? This is good enough for us for now.”

Footprints: Digging for gold in Karachi - DAWN.COM

BjkkWTbCUAEhdhx.jpg:large

@A.Rafay Actually he's talking About the people who ran to save the temple. Just yesterday one guy specifically saying Pakistani guy changed the thread title to Hindu women, whereas title of original article said Indian Women. So why not now? You know why, just to feel good.

Last edited:
@A.Rafay Actually he's talking About the people qho ran to save the temple. Just yesterday one guy specifically saying Pakistani guy changed the thread title to Hindu women, whereas title said Indian Women. Sow why not now? You know why, just to feel good.
In this case it was the Heritage and environment organizations which are headed by muslims. Muslims ran to save the temple. Hindus are assured nothing will happen to the temple. The matter went to court and govt on protests by activists of these organizations.

So is this all you had to say after reading my post? It's not that hard actually to highlight human right activists who could have been non-Hindus and the court which took the notice of its own! Man, it wasn't barely Pakistan Hindu council calling on authorities - human right activists and other figures from civil society en masse rallied to save temple. Ignoring one part and highlighting another on purpose is tantamount to trolling.

@A.Rafay Actually he's talking About the people qho ran to save the temple. Just yesterday one guy specifically saying Pakistani guy changed the thread title to Hindu women, whereas title of original article said Indian Women. So why not now? You know why, just to feel good.

So who were those people, according to him?

Back
Top Bottom