What's new

Pakistani PM hails China as his country's 'best friend'

So what part of my comments make you unhappy then???

Which is why I said.

It's easy to look from a distance and feel like you know how to fix a country. What you listed about security, banishing extremism and terrorism are good goals for an end state, but it says little about how to go from point A to point B.

Even you also think OBL's case is just a lucky case for OBL to stay there for such a long time and escape ISI's eye???

Personally I think at least part of the ISI knew where OBL was, and protected him in return for a shake down. I am undecided whether the top ISI brass or the army heads knew where he was.

Personally I think at least part of the ISI knew where OBL was, and protected him in return for a shake down. I am undecided whether the top ISI brass or the army heads knew where he was.

Well, I think the same way. And I think it is rational thinking. Former president Musharraf also thinks the same way.

It seems any concerns or even limited criticism from a Chinese member will "antagonize everyone on this forum".

As I said, a lack of new insight and a lack of a concrete suggestions to the problem you so frankly pointed out.

Personally, I do not think praising each other posts by posts offers any new insight either. By your standard, majority of them have no such value at all.

About concrete suggestions? I do suggest Pakistan need more effort rein in control its terrorists problems within its border. It is strategically important for both Pakistan and China in the long term. The current effort devoted by Pakistan clearly is not enough.

OBL's case clearly will also raise a red flag in China's mind as well.

As for from point A to point B, I do not see you have provided anything at all.

Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has arrived in China on a four-day visit to commemorate 60 years of diplomatic ties between the countries.

Earlier, he described China as Pakistan's "best friend".

I don't see any Logic here.... If he goes to Brasil he will say the same thing, He goes to Europe, he will say same thing...

The two sides are expected to sign a series of agreements and discuss how they can fight extremism.

Trade between the two countries is increasing significantly. It reached $8.6bn (£5.3bn) last year, an increase of nearly 30% compared with 2009.

China is now believed to be Pakistan's biggest supplier of military equipment, providing surface-to-air missiles, warships and fighter jets.

Last week Pakistan opened a new nuclear reactor in Punjab, built with Chinese help. At least two more are planned.

This is News, When you read the news, you must know what to read... :P and the editor must know what should be proper title of article

I don't see any Logic here.... If he goes to Brasil he will say the same thing, He goes to Europe, he will say same thing...

This is News, When you read the news, you must know what to read... :P and the editor must know what should be proper title of article

Where he used the term "best friend" in europe or brazil ????

Where he used the term "best friend" in europe or brazil ????

I said, He "will" say the same, This is how diplomacy work... Praise teh country where you go, Remember what Obama told when he came to Delhi??? (Still he is doing Anti Indian activity (off topic))..

Karzai told India as his second home, Obama told India as blessed land,.... These lines are not news... News is what China get from the visit (Lot of money from pakistan) and What Pakistan get from the visit (Chinese Productsss... ).

I have heard These lines long back when US piggybacked pakistan in Afghanistan... These sweet words (best frnd, own home, dream land and blah blah) has no value....

North Korea likes to kick us in the teeth. We told them not to develop nukes, they did it anyway. We told them to attend the six-party talks, and to defuse tensions in the peninsula. They ignored us both times.

Pakistan on the other hand is a real friend to us.

DPRK might be in a Dictatorship,but they appear to have an independent foreign policy.

ISI is thinking that the US is in a decline,So befriending China will help them more.

ephone what should be the role of ISI in pakistan? The role of isi is to work for the best interest of the country so why ISI should support terrorists who kill our soldiers and innocent peoples. Do you think ISI is enemy of pakistan army as according to you ISI has soft corner for terrorists. I am busy right now and will get back to you tomorrow to answer your questions as you dont know the origin of talibaans, difference between talbaan and alqaida or root cause of terrorism in this region. where were all these terrorists before 911?

China has treated NK with a lot of patience and help years in and out. It is NK who betrayed China in the past times and times again to be in bed with U.S.S.R. Well, the other bastard country is Vietnam.

Actually, we helped NK way more than what we did to Pakistan. Hundreds of thousand Chinese donated their lives in NK during Korean war. We gave them and continuously give them food, oil and etc.

The comment that You indicate China has not treated NK well in the past simply reflects your ignorance.

As far as for Pakistan, we have been supportive of Pakistan since its independence.

However, Pakistan indeed need rein in its control over those islam fundamentalists/extremists/terrorists within its boundary and rid itself of those islam fundamentalists/extremists/terrorists sympathizers within its army and ISI. Those have already caused great rift/struggle between Pakistan and U.S./Afghanistan/India.

Considering what those islam fundamentalists/extremists/terrorists intend to do, sooner or later, they will create rift between China and Pakistan if Pakistan cannot rein in control over them for the foreseeable future. The next battleground against islam terrorists can be quite probable or inevitable to be China.

Unfortunately, since general Zia-ul-Haq took over Pakistan by killing its premier Ali Bhutto, Pakistan has been on the way to the state's Islamization. Otherwise, Pakistan would have been in a much better shape just like the secular Turkey.

very well put, I hope China is able to stabilize Pakistan and put it on the path of progress. I didn't mean the NK reference to be offensive, my point was that NK is still ruled by idiots hell bent on causing trouble. I know you have given NK food and other humanitarian assistance, but US has done the same on an even bigger scale in Pakistan. What Pakistan needs is a level headed progressive leadership and I hope China can bring about the changes that the country needs.
China has a unique position in its relationship with Pakistan and can do wonders for its all weather friend.
Good luck to both China and Pakistan :pakistan: :china:

So...

Is he (PM Gilani) coming back with 10,000 Chinese language teachers?

Or, maybe, some (substantial) agreement to fund, train, and rapidly expand + maintain the ailing Pak Police force?

Or, maybe some (substantial) funds for the IB or ISI so their operational capacities won't allow any room for big blunders anymore...or more to the point...so the terrorists are prevented from crossing over to & fro in the Pak-Xinjiang region?

Back
Top Bottom