What's new

Pakistani PM hails China as his country's 'best friend'

ephone's position is reasonable and I guess the leaders of both countries can work out, if any, that part.

again the United States is holding and supporting those the Eastern Turkistan Movement (Uighur) and release those terrorists from Guatanamo camp and give a foothold of Uighur independent movement leader Rebiya Kadeer . Clearly the US is taking double standards and it's affiliation of terrorism itself.

so it's of good value Pakistan and China and share information of these terrorist. In fact, Pakistan army already help to kill one of its head.

It is OK that you say that. I can say I believe what you said.

However, how could there be so many muslims showing their support towards taliban, OBL and his associates???

How can there be many imams that encourage such terrorisms in western countries and other parts of the world???

How many times do you have muslim scholars and imams come out publicly denouncing those terrorist activities???

What are the percentage of such muslim scholars and imams who indeed denounced such terrorist activities among all of muslim scholars and imams over the world???

I have never denied Pakistan has committed a lot and suffered a lot during WOT. However, I have to say that Pakistan need to face with its problems/demons openly.

Kind of a surprising coming from you since you're from my part of the country. Haven't you met any Hui Muslims? Let's not generalize and try to address the problems of Pakistan with a bit of understanding.

ephone's position is reasonable and I guess the leaders of both countries can work out, if any, that part.

again the United States is holding and supporting those the Eastern Turkistan Movement (Uighur) and release those terrorists from Guatanamo camp and give a foothold of Uighur independent movement leader Rebiya Kadeer . Clearly the US is taking double standards and it's affiliation of terrorism itself.

so it's of good value Pakistan and China and share information of these terrorist. In fact, Pakistan army already help to kill one of its head.

Pakistan has always helped China, by monitoring movement on our Western border, and by extraditing ETIM militants back to us. :cheers:

Uyghurs in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^^ It doesn't take long for the terrorists to become freedom fighters. Not in that particular country anyways.

Kind of a surprising coming from you since you're from my part of the country. Haven't you met any Hui Muslims? Let's not generalize and try to address the problems of Pakistan with a bit of understanding.

Do not be surprised. I have classmates who are hui muslim both in high school and university. They are perfectly fine since they are all from major cities in China from east sides.

Have you met Han Chinese from Xinjiang, Ningxia or Gangsu???

My roommate in University is from Xingjiang Shihezi. I have several friends traveling to Xinjiang from Beijing during Summer Break. I have classmates who are from LanZhou and YinChuan.

We have lived together for 5 years. I have heard tons of stories from them personally regarding the muslim minority hostility and unrest against Han Chinese in those areas. Here those are not only uighurs from Xinjiang but also hui muslim from Ningxia and Gansu as well. Well, in ShiHeZi, there are less such problems since construction corps are there. The problems in Xinjiang is at Urumqi and south Xinjiang.

One thing I do make it clear: I do respect the friendship between Pakistan and China. Pakistan is just too important to China strategically at least in the following three areas:
(1) terrorism control
(2) south asia power balance with India
(3) potential logistics support as well as potential oil routes in the future for China

I think both countries are aware where each other's interest is. There is nothing against singing along the friendship songs publicly.

However, we indeed need face with the serious threats as well. In this case, Pakistan need more effort to clean house.

Do not be surprised. I have classmates who are hui muslim both in high school and university. They are perfectly fine since they are all from major cities in China from east sides.

Have you met Han Chinese from Xinjiang, Ningxia or Gangsu???

My roommate in University is from Xingjiang Shihezi. I have several friends traveling to Xinjiang from Beijing during Summer Break. I have classmates who are from LanZhou and YinChuan.

We have lived together for 5 years. I have heard tons of stories from them personally regarding the muslim minority hostility and unrest against Han Chinese in those areas. Here those are not only uighurs from Xinjiang but also hui muslim from Ningxia and Gansu as well. Well, in ShiHeZi, there are less such problems since construction corps are there. The problems in Xinjiang is at Urumqi and south Xinjiang.

One thing I do make it clear: I do respect the friendship between Pakistan and China. Pakistan is just too important to China strategically at least in the following three areas:
(1) terrorism control
(2) south asia power balance with India
(3) potential logistics support as well as potential oil routes in the future for China

I think both countries are aware where each other's interest is. There is nothing against singing along the friendship songs publicly.

However, we indeed need face with the serious threats as well. In this case, Pakistan need more effort to clean house.

I hear ya, but we can't clean house for them, otherwise we'd be as bad as the US.

Thanks for saying that. In the past, when I expressed such concerns, so many people jumped out denouncing me as non-Chinese, indian troll, anti-islam, as well as islamphobia and etc. Even though I do not think I should belong to any of those categories.

It seems that quite a few members think a friend can only offer good remarks praising each other and any concerns or even limited criticism will get yourself to be thrown into the other side and classified as public enemy of both Pakistan and China. Personally, I do think it is quite childish to do so.

I hear ya, but we can't clean house for them, otherwise we'd be as bad as the US.

I have never suggested we need do the clean-house for Pakistan. That is why I say Pakistan need more effort to do that for the sake of both countries. In the long term, friendship between the two countries could be seriously hurt if Pakistan does not rein in those terrorists within its border and terrorists can cause great damage and unrest in northwest China.

Exactly right buddy. :azn:

P.S. Try to ignore ephone, he seems to get on everyone's nerves here.

Another one who cannot hear a slight criticism or concern and think friendship is just praising each other day in and day out.

Another one who cannot hear a slight criticism or concern and think friendship is just praising each other day in and day out.

Buddy, you seem to antagonize everyone on this forum.

So the problem lies with you.

I suggest terrorists using territories within Pakistan as well as Afghanistan as train camps or escaping routes. Fighting terrorists in China need great help from the other two countries. That is why I say Pakistan's clean-house will be a great help to China.

There is no indication in my words to say: "one of your provience is in problem because of Pakistan".

let see the words that I did not understand:

So are you suggesting that one of your provience is in problem because of Pakistan???

That is why I say Pakistan need more effort to do that for the sake of both countries.

Which is why I said.

I'm sure the vast majority of Pakistani understand what the problems of their country is and they will try to fix it.

It's easy to look from a distance and feel like you know how to fix a country. What you listed about security, banishing extremism and terrorism are good goals for an end state, but it says little about how to go from point A to point B.

No one likes being lecture in this high-handed way (think about it). I'm sure the vast majority of Pakistani understand what the problems of their country is and they will try to fix it.

Nobody tries to lecture here. I simply point out the problems here. I have seen those posts with such landslide support over expressing anger and burning U.S. flags due to OBL's killing.

Well, Pakistan may have the right to do so since its territory integrity got violated. However, on the other hand, there are none who stand out expressing any concerns that there are probable support towards OBL as well as other terrorists within Pakistan army and ISI???

Even you also think OBL's case is just a lucky case for OBL to stay there for such a long time and escape ISI's eye???

Expressing any such concerns will automatically make you non-friend of Pakistan or muslim???

Back
Top Bottom