What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

@Quwa gone to paramount, they can do airframe modifications.

Mubarak ho.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
Yep. First, credit is due to A/I Board PSF who broke this news a week ago. Second, the contract with Leonardo -- $190 m for 3 aircraft -- suggests to me that the modifications may not be deep.

Still, I think anything around the range of the Saab Swordfish is more than respectable, i.e., 4~6 external hardpoints for AShMs and ASW torpedoes.

Yep. First, credit is due to A/I Board PSF who broke this news a week ago. Second, the contract with Leonardo -- $190 m for 3 aircraft -- suggests to me that the modifications may not be deep.

Still, I think anything around the range of the Saab Swordfish is more than respectable, i.e., 4~6 external hardpoints for AShMs and ASW torpedoes.
What would you call a deep modification?

These are just the first 3 aircraft, with the number PN has planned, and a possibility of them ordering more than just 10, do you think they could have these aircraft in different configurations? I.e. a few specialized for certain roles such as surveillance, EW, ASW/ASuW? Maybe we could see the future aircrafts be modified different than these ones.

Yes it was PSF that confirmed the news , i shared there link with news week ago in this thread.

Secondly paramount is not going to modify frame, they are hired for overhaul the frame and jet prior to modification

The contract was signed month+ ago.

These are just the first 3 aircraft, with the number PN has planned, and a possibility of them ordering more than just 10, do you think they could have these aircraft in different configurations? I.e. a few specialized for certain roles such as surveillance, EW, ASW/ASuW? Maybe we could see the future aircrafts be modified different than these ones.
I think they'll configure them all identically, but use individual aircraft differently based on the operational need. Flexibility is key, and for that, numbers definitely help.

Leonardo is good company, but I think PN have to test Saab system on 2-3 Brazilian jetliner.

There are some indications that the work by Leonardo and Paramount will be done in Pakistan at a new facility being established at Nur Khan base.
If it true, then really good. But right now seems non relistic

Leonardo is good company, but I think PN have to test Saab system on 2-3 Brazilian jetliner.

What “Saab systems” are you looking for, that aren’t present in the PN ATR-72s?

Back
Top Bottom