What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

Like I said they are not going any where...... will be operational even in the 2040
Unlikely unless they get airframe rebuilds and upgrades. Airframes have a limited life. PN doesn’t want them to be safe try hazards. If they don’t get any upgrades they will be gone by 2030. PN has no need for 20+ MPAS.

But if they manage to give them airframe rebuilds (PAC has a history of doing those without ever getting ToT, F-16 and SAAB 2000 comes to mind) and upgrades then I’m sure they’d stay potent tools for a couple of decades more. They would need to make them compatible with newer munitions too.

Last edited:
Like I said they are not going any where...... will be operational even in the 2040

I find this very hard to believe. In just a couple of years we may well be the only P-3C operator in the world.

Every US ally is or will replace them with P-8.

Operators like Chile, Argentina may flog them to say 2030 max, but beyond that airframe life and spares will be a big issue. Sub hunting tech is also developing very quickly and is a very sensitive area. Make now sense at all, especially when in a few years PN will have 10 Sultans and 4 ATRS with much better systems on board.

P3C are a potent platform and will remain the main stay of PN for the forsee able future.
PN has been operating them for the last so many decades and know they inside out. They received a retrofit and a systems update just a couple of years ago, making them up-to-date and the only system that has an edge over them is the p8.

Having said that it was our p3c that detected the scorpene and made it come up till periscope depth ( should have blown it out of the water or capture it). While no p8 was able to detect our subs .
If that does not tell u all about the potency of our p3c than nothing will

PN has been operating them for the last so many decades and know they inside out.

You have yourself just said why PN will retire the P3cs. They have a fixed lifespan and flying over the sea the way the P3cs does takes it toll on airframes with salt water related issues cause aiframe corrosion issues. The P3cs are in the last stretch of their useful lifespans with several years left and will be declared unfit to fly once their exhaust their airframe lifespans. PN would not have started the Sea Sultan programme if it thought it could maintain the P3cs for "forseeable future .."

The PN has effectively declared a death sentence on the P3Cs with the Sea Sultan programme..

Last edited:
For comparison the 2 possible clients can be France and Italy as they are the only nations looking for their own MPA , and the french project hasn't started yet and likely never will as the Germans who were co developing the mpa pulled out and bought P8 , while Italy is pursuing a C27J based MPA without any rotating under carriage , as it will only carry buoys inside. And will have 6 hard points outside and conformal fuel tanks.
image0-1.jpg

So its highly likely the leonardo contract is for PN

U did not read my whole post, I also stated:
"They received a retrofit and a systems update just a couple of years ago".
They are not going any where
Retrofit and system update doesn't means there is airframe overhaul or rebuild the airframe to extend their life of their airframe (every aircraft has fixed airframe life)

And these retrofit and system update is only for avionics update internally not externally

And you're right they are not going anywhere TILL 2030

Retrofit and system update doesn't means there is airframe overhaul or rebuild the airframe to extend their life of their airframe (every aircraft has fixed airframe life)

And these retrofit and system update is only for avionics update internally not externally

And you're right they are not going anywhere TILL 2030
Thank u for reminding me.....they went through an extensive overall , bringing the life of the airframe close to zero or as near as possible.

Wt they went through in the u.s was as extensive n through as possible.

Thank u for reminding me.....they went through an extensive overall , bringing the life of the airframe close to zero or as near as possible.

Wt they went through in the u.s was as extensive n through as possible.
Can you have a backup your claims and overhaul, this doesn't means we replaces the old sensors or avionics to new one and after 2030 the will become obsolete

Wt will happen after 2030, we will know once we reach that point in time, right now they are probably the most modern n up todate p3c flying along with the Japanese.

Wt will happen after 2030, we will know once we reach that point in time, right now they are probably the most modern n up todate p3c flying along with the Japanese.
Lol provide the backup/links your claims, sensors/technologies will be too obsolete in PN P3C after 2030
We don't need 20 MPAs to petrol our waters 10 is enough for PN we have small coast to guard why we need 20 MPAs???

Last edited:
We all need to understand and look at the track record of our armed forces regarding their air assets., their serviceability, maintainable and operability.
Just look at the record of our herc fleet which started opp in the 60s n is still going strong , with the type of maintenance and overhaul facilities including the engine the PAF has managed to put together over the years, they are second to non after the u.s.
That helped bring our fleet to H standard, in house.

P3c like the c130 is a very sturdy airframe in operation since the 60s both as a civilian airliners and as a military platform.

The experience that the kamra has gained from putting together and bringing back to life a dead saab 2000, has given the techs at kamra an insight down to the smallest sub systems in a way that is only available with the manufactures.

Now with wt the PN plans to do in the evaluation of the sea sultans, if need be they can very easily replace any or all sub systems in house of a p3c.

I hope u get the drift, why I keep on repeating the sentence....." they are not going any where".
Lol provide the backup/links your claims, sensors/technologies will be too obsolete in PN P3C after 2030

We don't need 20 MPAs to petrol our waters 10 is enough for PN we have small coast to guard why we need 20 MPAs???
I ain't providing u jack !..... do ur own leg work

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom