What's new

Featured Pakistani Navy confirms Brazilian jetliner will replace Orion patrol aircraft

The news talks about using an Italian torpedo release system already installed on our MPA (Sea Eagle), so I believe there's no modification to the aircraft frame for internal torpedos.
Yea and a price point of around $60 m per aircraft clearly shows that this isn't an invasive modification. I'm not complaining; it's actually in the ballpark of what the PN could afford, but it means the PN's strategy may be a little different than say IN. Sea Sultan will relatively be a lightweight, so I think we can expect the PN to lean more on numbers (it can get 1.5 or 2 Sea Sultans for the price of 1 P-8).

Yea and a price point of around $60 m per aircraft clearly shows that this isn't an invasive modification. I'm not complaining; it's actually in the ballpark of what the PN could afford, but it means the PN's strategy may be a little different than say IN. Sea Sultan will relatively be a lightweight, so I think we can expect the PN to lean more on numbers (it can get 1.5 or 2 Sea Sultans for the price of 1 P-8).

Do you think this "not so deep" modification would be good enough for PN and its requirements?

In the absence of P8's availability to PN, they are playing the right numbers game here. Given their AOR, having Sea Eagles work in littoral waters, while Sea Sultans handle deep-sea missions followed by long-range drones (with a handover capacity to Sea Sultans) seems like a workable aerial strategy.

So sea Sultan will have Anti ship capabilities like firing C802? Or we will see ATR system replicate at jet?

Embraer is excellent choice. ITAR free guaranteed. They are on par with Boeing/Airbus. But I dont get it where the rest of the electronics/systems will come from. Is it via Brazil or Turkey?
Maybe Pakistan?

It is replacing the P3C. Just not yet with this first delivery.
They will retire near to the 2030s when all or most of the sea sultan deliveries are completed.
Like I said they are not going any where...... will be operational even in the 2040

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom