ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Bour correspondent
Friday, January 31, 2014
From Print Edition

Sheikh Abdul Rahman Ibn Abdul Aziz as-Sudais

ISLAMABAD: As part of the out-of-the-box strategy to deal with the growing incidence of vaccination refusal in the country’s conservative parts, the government has engaged Imam of Kaaba Sheikh Abdur Rehman As-Sudais for helping it convince the people about the importance of polio drops for their children’s health.

The move has been planned in light of the religious leaders’ huge influence on public opinion, according to State Minister for National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination Saira Afzal Tarar. She said the Imam of Kaaba would come to Pakistan next month to lead anti-polio campaigns. “The Imam-e-Kaaba is being invited to visit the country as part of efforts to remove misperceptions about polio vaccination,” she said.

Besides the Imam of Kaaba, Al-Azhar University and Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband have also issued edicts in favour of polio vaccination. In the Muslim world, 57 countries are administering polio drops to children and 54 of them are free from the vaccine-preventable disease. According to the minister, influential religious leaders and community leaders are being engaged to counter opposition to polio vaccination in certain parts of the country.

Govt engages Imam of Kaaba to lead polio campaigns - thenews.com.pk

Who are the idiots in Pakistan who are against vaccinating children and people in general against polio? I mean have they gone completely nuts? No disrespect. I am shocked.:o:o_O Hopefully this moves helps a bit at least.

Bour correspondent
Friday, January 31, 2014
From Print Edition

Sheikh Abdul Rahman Ibn Abdul Aziz as-Sudais

ISLAMABAD: As part of the out-of-the-box strategy to deal with the growing incidence of vaccination refusal in the country’s conservative parts, the government has engaged Imam of Kaaba Sheikh Abdur Rehman As-Sudais for helping it convince the people about the importance of polio drops for their children’s health.

The move has been planned in light of the religious leaders’ huge influence on public opinion, according to State Minister for National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination Saira Afzal Tarar. She said the Imam of Kaaba would come to Pakistan next month to lead anti-polio campaigns. “The Imam-e-Kaaba is being invited to visit the country as part of efforts to remove misperceptions about polio vaccination,” she said.

Besides the Imam of Kaaba, Al-Azhar University and Dar-ul-Uloom Deoband have also issued edicts in favour of polio vaccination. In the Muslim world, 57 countries are administering polio drops to children and 54 of them are free from the vaccine-preventable disease. According to the minister, influential religious leaders and community leaders are being engaged to counter opposition to polio vaccination in certain parts of the country.

Govt engages Imam of Kaaba to lead polio campaigns - thenews.com.pk

Who are the idiots in Pakistan who are against vaccinating children and people in general against polio? I mean have they gone completely nuts? No disrespect. I am shocked.:o:o_O Hopefully this moves helps a bit at least.
It increased after SOB shakeel afridi

@Zarvan

Unfortuantely I do not know anything about this issue but if the locals in Pakistan do not trust Western/non-Muslim doctors or nurses then there are plenty in just KSA that could help let alone the Muslim world. I would like to know what Islamic justification they use to prevent vaccinations.

To me it seems more like a political move that keeps innocent children, elder etc. hostage. But what do I know?

You think the Lal Masjid brigade are more islamic then the Imam of Kaaba?

Dressing up in a burka to save one's own skin is hardly a good indicator.

Ignore the troll. He is an Iranian troll/double user that hates everything that has remotely anything to do with Arabs or Sunni Muslims, in particular KSA, despite claiming to be half Arab with origins in KSA. So much for that.

Report him if he continues to troll or tries to hijack this thread.

The hypocrite who supported Musharraf and his massacre against lal masjid

There should never be weapons in a place of worship. The "massacre" was their own doing.

@Zarvan

Unfortuantely I do not know anything about this issue but if the locals in Pakistan do not trust Western/non-Muslim doctors or nurses then there are plenty in just KSA that could help let alone the Muslim world. I would like to know what Islamic justification they use to prevent vaccinations.

To me it seems more like a political move that keeps innocent children, elder etc. hostage. But what do I know?

It is because that doctor who helped the CIA was supposed to be doing vaccinations and now all vaccinators are thought of as CIA agents and being targeted.

There should never be weapons in a place of worship. The "massacre" was their own doing.

It is because that doctor who helped the CIA was supposed to be doing vaccinations and now all vaccinators are thought of as CIA agents and being targeted.

Can't they find some Muslim doctors or nurses from the outside if they don't trust their own doctors? I mean they can't take people as hostage this way. That's simply moronic and baffles my mind. The Pakistani government should do something. In principal one of the Imams of Kaaba should not have anyhting to do with this.

Can't they find some Muslim doctors or nurses from the outside if they don't trust their own doctors? I mean they can't take people as hostage this way. That's simply moronic and baffles my mind. The Pakistani government should do something. In principal one of the Imams of Kaaba should not have anyhting to do with this.

Well yeah but the areas in question are under siege my terror tarts who claim to be working for Islam when they are not so maybe that is why GOP asking Imam of Kaaba to issue a pro vaccination statement lol.

Well yeah but the areas in question are under siege my terror tarts who claim to be working for Islam when they are not so maybe that is why GOP asking Imam of Kaaba to issue a pro vaccination statement lol.

Is that unrest happening in the "tribal areas"? I mean in FATA? I recall that being the case. Well, then let us see if that helps but I have my doubts if the locals are just instinctively against outsiders meddling.

Anyway let us hope that they will come to their senses. After all people are trying to help them.

@KingMamba

Anyway aside from being one of the Imams of Kaaba then as-Sudais has good ties with Pakistan and he has visited Pakistan several times. So maybe I will have to readjust my claims.;)

Last edited:
.... I mean they can't take people as hostage this way. That's simply moronic and baffles my mind. The Pakistani government should do something. In principal one of the Imams of Kaaba should not have anyhting to do with this.

Well said. bro Well said

In principle imam kaaba should NOT be expected to have anything to do with the mornoic Talib-barbarians and Qaida/Uzbek goons.

This is what I say.

But many Islamists and marxist Pakistanis must involve Mullahs in matters that are purely law and order issues.

It is Pakistani government applying writ of the law.

It is not a religious issue that Mullahs must be called in.

Can't they find some Muslim doctors or nurses from the outside if they don't trust their own doctors? .

bro!

it is not the matter of doctors.

Islamists and Qaida goons are attacking teachers and bombing girls schools

So the issue is their wrong kind of religion

That has nothing to do with Imam Kaba

I ask this from my Pakistani brothers

Suppose if Qaida goons were attacking doctors in KSA

Will KSA government call in the Mullah brigade

or their

Army brigade.

I am sure you know how KSA handles Qaida and Islamists terrorists.

We all know.

peace

The hypocrite who supported Musharraf and his massacre against lal masjid

So you support the TTP which was hiding inside? - Would you be a hypocrite when their buddies blow up shit in Iran and then you cry like a 2 month old goat stuck in a fence?

The chief of the Khariji faction in lal Masjid caught trying to escape in a Burqa.

hqdefault.jpg

@Zarvan

Brother its all bcz of CIA Bas***ds , who used the cover of polio campaign to hunt Osama Bin Laden ... people don't trust such campaigns and its becoming a major challenge ...and for this I curse CIA every minute of every day ...

Brother its all bcz of CIA Bas***ds , who used the cover of polio campaign to hunt Osama Bin Laden ... people don't trust such campaigns and its becoming a major challenge ...and for this I curse CIA every minute of every day ...

Why not just blame Lal masjid and Mullah-$hit-in burqa on CIA too
Why not just blame jamat Islami on CIA too
Why not just blame blowing up girls schools on CIA too
Why not just blame suicide bombing of 18 yo Itzaz on CIA too
Why not just the whole Islam on CIA too

Yeah the religion was "invented" by CIA

CIA created this world
And the universe

CIA sleuths were responsible for the big bang 14 billion years ago

It is CIA that burns the sun

And it is CIA that brings the wind
And water flowing in the rivers
And fish in the ocean

Yeah

It is all CIA

And Mullah Islamists bombing the fork out of Pakistan?

Who?

There are no Islamists

Just CIA

Yes that is an EXCUSE these militants got due to CIA involvement in OBL operation .

However, we here in in our field also knows that these militants are willing to carry on polio drive only if they are paid huge amount ;)

So you support the TTP which was hiding inside? - Would you be a hypocrite when their buddies blow up shit in Iran and then you cry like a 2 month old goat stuck in a fence?

The chief of the Khariji faction in lal Masjid caught trying to escape in a Burqa.

hqdefault.jpg
Their was no TTP mostly women and children were killed let some independent inquiry happen and all will know how much state terrorism was done

Back
Top Bottom