What's new

Pakistani fans are moral policing Ertugrul's Esra Bilgic on Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are where Turkey was in 1880s.
I would disagree here, Tanzimat and post-Tanzimat were propelled by the imminent threat that came from the western power's appetite to colonise Ottomans. The educated revolutionaries understood that older ways must be changed or their existence will end forever. How the case of Pakistan is same?
So you have seen it on Netflix ?
Watched ~20 episodes, it's entertaining and is filled with strictly anti-Wahhabi Sufi symbolism though also with the Islamic absolutism. Also available on YouTube.

It's a non-issue.

Terrorist Indian Appeaser Dawn News is just jealous that Pakistani viewers are loving Ottoman Muslim Ertugrul more than the rapist degenerate Bollywood.

true...

but we have our share of nut jobs... "pious" pakistanis...infuriated with all of this.

I would disagree here, Tanzimat and post-Tanzimat were propelled by the imminent threat that came from the western power's appetite to colonise Ottomans. The educated revolutionaries understood that older ways must be changed or their existence will end forever. How the case of Pakistan is same?

Watched ~20 episodes, it's entertaining and is filled with strictly anti-Wahhabi Sufi symbolism though also with the Islamic absolutism. Also available on YouTube.
Why not Anti Shia Anti Ahl e Hadees Anti Sunni. Why stop at Anti Wahabi?

When did Pakistanis as a nation or a group ever harassed female doctors? Dawn's rapist chief with his usual fantasies about women. I think he seems to be inspired by the rabid mysoginy from across the border.

Why not Anti Shia Anti Ahl e Hadees Anti Sunni. Why stop at Anti Wahabi?
Because it's not Anti-Shia or Anti-Sunni but yes can be called anti-Ahl e hadees as they're now carbon copy of Wahhabis due to Saudi funding.

This is fantastic news for secularists like me. For the last 40 years Pakistani society has been Saudisized. That road led to the primitivness and backwardness. Pakistan got the worst deal. At least the Saudi primitivness and backwardness is sprayed with gold purchased with oil wealth. In Pakistan we got the stark deal. Just ugly primitivness.

Now series like Ertgrul will prime Pakistani's for Turkishisness. The mighty Ottoman Empire is a primer and the destination is Türkei. A modern secular republic. The younger generation in Pakistan is being acculturized to higher order society ~ the Turks. In 40 years Islamabad will resemble Istanbul.

Love it ...
I am cautiously optimistic like you Chacha Indus maybe the Turkish soft power will leave from the series will leave a cultural spring that can bring much changes but it could also lead to double down of desidom with mix in with neo Ottoman fantasies which would make a Turk cringe at us in 2020,however I see changes occurring the Americans have ditched us for good we are in the Chinese/Eurasian bloc if you think tolerate desidom good luck they wont big wake up call coming
Bro, she may be but it's between her and her God, we should not shame her, that's the whole point of free will.

Turkey had an Ataturk, Pakistan have …..?
Pakistani Ataturk might not be a military man cause the military men we had lacked balls I think he means people influenced by his Kemalist ideology
Some Shia clerics have came out openly against Ertugral beign showcased in Pakistan ..
They call it the return of Zia ul Haq Era when Naseem Hijazis novels were being used to brainwash people ...

Face palm for these lunatic mullahs.

They have a point the Ertugrul series is bankrolled by pro Erdogan media but they are kinda hypocritical when dealing with Iranian soft power

i have no idea how you make this stuff up..

there is no relevance of Pakistan with Anatolia of 1880s.
If you believe an ata turk is on its way in 50 years thats just a fluke..it may, it may not, may be early maybe late..

What happens in and around Pakistan will change Pakistans identity.

Again its mainly people influenced by his legacy

@Joe Shearer scroll up. I am like :taz:

At least I am not a drunk nigger with no functioning brain. Why are you ignoring that before 1947 the British were riding your a*ss and they bought you from Sikh prostitution in 1849. Or are you go to imagine some other as your parent who lived in Hydrabad Deccan, Al Andalus etc.

Ataturk does not have to be another copy Ataturk. My referance was to underlying societal forces that evolve and change nations. That change is inevitable is fact. Pakistan is not what it was in 1950.
in 80.s/9o's we were told by govt and army that our heros are ,n Muhammad Umar Osama bin Laden . Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, Burhanuddin Rabbani and Abdul Rasul Sayyaf.Ahmad Shah Massoud. now its anjum bhai ertgrul..

Legacy of the crap we got involved in the Soviets-Afghan War I hate every one involved equally in that conflict and the legacy it left

Because it's not Anti-Shia or Anti-Sunni but yes can be called anti-Ahl e hadees as they're now carbon copy of Wahhabis due to Saudi funding.
Lol you are brainwashed. What you call Wahabis are actually Sunnis, hardcore Sunnis you can say and Sufism is like Buddhism in Islam. What is not told by Prophet(S.A.W) shouldn't be happening/practiced otherwise it is not Islam. End of.

Lol you are brainwashed. What you call Wahabis are actually Sunnis, hardcore Sunnis you can say and Sufism is like Buddhism in Islam. What is not told by Prophet(S.A.W) shouldn't be happening/practiced otherwise it is not Islam. End of.
Discussing theology is banned here mate, each to his own. Peace.

Isn't it funny how numerous Pakistani posters keep on harping every single news of any sort of sexual harassment that comes from India while if news from pakistan are to be believed , random pakistani dude is as horny as his Indian counterpart if not more.

@aryadravida @TheGreatMaratha

Not even leaving female doctors . Look how she used **** for them :D

https://images.dawn.com/news/1184941/even-during-a-pandemic-female-doctors-are-facing-harassment
There is going to be a very big revolution in pakistan...there is this clash of ideas..especially between atheists vs muslims...

This was really funny as well
"Instagram pe tableeg kar raha hai waha"..rofl...

What is Wahabism? In your opinion what is that? You are a muslim right?

There is going to be a very big revolution in pakistan...there is this clash of ideas..especially between atheists vs muslims...

"Instagram pe tableeg kar raha hai waha"..rofl...

What revolution? Do you even know the youth in Pakistan?

As viewers, their critiques are valid. Moral policing is up to them too, but then those people might get a reply that they themselves don’t like.

opinions are like assholes. Everyone’s got one.

I tried to watch this on netflix out of curiosity..just to know the history...felt bored..couldnt continue after 15 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom