What's new

Pakistani fans are moral policing Ertugrul's Esra Bilgic on Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turkey did a massive surgical strike on all Pakistani liberals(self-proclaimed) who are now butt-hurt beyond cure.

They've had no problem with bollywood's cultural aggression and vulgarity and hollywood's propaganda pieces and TV serials like game of thrones but are butt-hurt over a Turkish TV serial with which most Pakistanis can culturally associate with.
FB_IMG_1589273341233.jpg

Now we gotta be careful what we watch. If we watch an African movie we might be trying too hard to be Africans in their eyes.

It happens everywhere across the world. There is no IQ test to watch TV. I remember the guy who plays Phil Mitchell in eastenders talking about being shouted at on the streets by a person unhappy with what his character was doing in the story line.

https://people.com/tv/tv-actors-confused-for-characters/

View attachment 631662

Now we gotta be careful what we watch. If we watch an African movie we might be trying too hard to be Africans in their eyes.

I think a lot of our country watched Sons of Anarchy. Lots of motorcycles and violence.

Man when will our people grow up :( I'm getting first hand embarrassment from all of this and i hate it.

View attachment 631662

Pakistanis should just learn to be Pakistanis. What the hell is wrong with our people? It seems anything foreign is more to take pride in be in Indian, Iranian or Turkish than your own culture?? Do we have no sense of self integrity and pride?? This is so disappointing.. :tsk:

I don’t wish to offend you but I wanted to reply to this statement you’ve made. Turkey has its own islamic bodies that can do this moral policing if they wanted to. It is not Pakistani muslims duty to teach morality to Esra B or the rest of the cast of Dirilis. Its disrespectful to say it to others how they should behave when they are not asking for your advice and minding their own business in their own free country. I’m Pakistani so when people do it under my flag, it bothers me.

Bro you made a wonderful point that I want to expand on. Turkey has it's own religious bodies. They have maintained these bodies. The reason everyone in Pakistan is tekhedar of Islam, is because our religious bodies are inept entities. Our clergy are wild, out of control. Everyone does what they want - nobody has authority or order. It reflects in our society. People judging who is fasting, how someone is praying, mocking if they see someone enter the masjid who doesn't normally go etc.

Man when will our people grow up :( I'm getting first hand embarrassment from all of this and i hate it.

Pakistanis should just learn to be Pakistanis. What the hell is wrong with our people? It seems anything foreign is more to take pride in be in Indian, Iranian or Turkish than your own culture?? Do we have no sense of self integrity and pride?? This is so disappointing.. :tsk:

Writing in English hasn't made you or me ingrez, watching a TV show won't make anyone Turkish. Get some perspective bro.

It's a non-issue.

Terrorist Indian Appeaser Dawn News is just jealous that Pakistani viewers are loving Ottoman Muslim Ertugrul more than the rapist degenerate Bollywood.

so true! taking pride in islamic history and their way of living .. using words of praise of God and fighting injustice that what islam is about.. and this serial protrays the heart of a muslim.. nothing to do with wanna be turks or wanna be ottomon slander..

Bro you made a wonderful point that I want to expand on. Turkey has it's own religious bodies. They have maintained these bodies. The reason everyone in Pakistan is tekhedar of Islam, is because our religious bodies are inept entities. Our clergy are wild, out of control. Everyone does what they want - nobody has authority or order. It reflects in our society. People judging who is fasting, how someone is praying, mocking if they see someone enter the masjid who doesn't normally go etc.

Writing in English hasn't made you or me ingrez, watching a TV show won't make anyone Turkish. Get some perspective bro.

Don't worry about that, i know writing in English doesn't makes me British. I just desperately want Pakistanis to be aware of what we have rather than spoon feeding them foreign things. We need to have a sense of self pride and self association. Sympathising with the Turks for their history as muslims is great but the "This wuz us lol" is pure pure cringe. Trust me, I've had Turkish friends and i know what they are like. Pakistanis have a false perception of Turkish people which they don't realize is purely hogwash. They prefer more westernized and liberal values.

P.s Pakistanis should just stop idolizing foreign people, we need to work on showcasing our own history and culture on the big screens on the big screens. While we idolize these foreign cultures we do not realize that our culture itself is being usurped and showcased as the trademark of another country.

When my father used to make me watch 'Roots' every weekend on PTV.. we were trying too hard to be African..
Good old 90s.

Roots was aired in Pakistan damn what other American exports were popular back then

Don't worry about that, i know writing in English doesn't makes me British. I just desperately want Pakistanis to be aware of what we have rather than spoon feeding them foreign things. We need to have a sense of self pride and self association. Sympathising with the Turks for their history as muslims is great but the "This wuz us lol" is pure pure cringe. Trust me, I've had Turkish friends and i know what they are like. Pakistanis have a false perception of Turkish people which they don't realize is purely hogwash. They prefer more westernized and liberal values.

P.s Pakistanis should just stop idolizing foreign people, we need to work on showcasing our own history and culture on the big screens on the big screens. While we idolize these foreign cultures we do not realize that our culture itself is being usurped and showcased as the trademark of another country.

What makes you think anyone is idolising anyone? I watched all 5 seasons of this show, i enjoyed it. I took some lessons from it. I'm pretty sure i didn't idolise anyone or anything.

15 million people watched one of the episodes this week - if a dozen or two dozen tharki idiots decide to pass comments on an instagram page - Should that worry you and me? Go to the instagram of any Pakistani model or actress and you'll see similar comments.

We don't need to worry about this false narrative of cultural appropriation - we need to worry about the bigotry deeply engrained within our own culture. This bigotry creates Shrodingers haya police; where people both oggle at pictures of women on instagram and at the same time give them sermons about how they should be dressed. This is the REAL problem in this scenario.

When my father used to make me watch 'Roots' every weekend on PTV.. we were trying too hard to be African..
Good old 90s.

Never seen the original, saw it on the BBC last year i think. was a great show.

For a second I thought you were being sarcastic. Bro calm down it wont make us Turk it's like a series made on some Islamic fiction novel and that's it.

FB_IMG_1589270284595.jpg

What makes you think anyone is idolising anyone? I watched all 5 seasons of this show, i enjoyed it. I took some lessons from it. I'm pretty sure i didn't idolise anyone or anything.

15 million people watched one of the episodes this week - if a dozen or two dozen tharki idiots decide to pass comments on an instagram page - Should that worry you and me? Go to the instagram of any Pakistani model or actress and you'll see similar comments.

We don't need to worry about this false narrative of cultural appropriation - we need to worry about the bigotry deeply engrained within our own culture. This bigotry creates Shrodingers haya police; where people both oggle at pictures of women on instagram and at the same time give them sermons about how they should be dressed. This is the REAL problem in this scenario.

Never seen the original, saw it on the BBC last year i think. was a great show.

Excuse you but you're missing the point here. If you've watched the show and enjoyed it i have no problem with that. I have a problem with the idolization and fetishization of their culture and people, which is mainly our own expectations projected onto them. Do we have any right to do that?

What you've mentioned are societal issues and indeed those themselves can also be corrected with the correct portrayal of our own cultural media. fyi The pakistanis idolizing the Turks aren't in small numbers, it's nearly most of us. The Turks don't even know a lot about us and here we are being overly affectionate for them. Again, do we have no sense of self preservation?

For a second I thought you were being sarcastic. Bro calm down it wont make us Turk it's like a series made on some Islamic fiction novel and that's it.

View attachment 631676

Haha Thanks That was funny

Few random twitter comments is a news for Pawn News....

I hate it when somebody comments with that word 'random'.

Coming to the comments, Muslim actresses of Islamic Republic of Pakistan aren't paragons of Islamic haya clad in abayas and hijabs either

Abaya ? You mean burqa ? It is not part of Islam.

Last edited:
Our mulla brigade and their zombie followers are an embarrassment for nobody but our own selves. They use the same religious lens everywhere.

Be religious and don't watch drama all together, hypocrisy seem to be in these people's blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom