What's new

Pakistani fans are moral policing Ertugrul's Esra Bilgic on Instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the popularity of a Turkish series dubbed in Urdu is being taken as some kind of 'identity confusion'.

It's TV entertainment, that's it.

wahi purana masla .. islam khatray mai hai aur sab yahidion ki sazish hai. Below is excerpt from the article

Pakistan and having originated from the same territories that now constitute Pakistan, has been buried far away from our collective intellect. Due to ill-perceived danger to the religion of Pakistanis, they, since the inception of the young state, have not been allowed the luxury of learning about their own history. They have been deprived of the pride of the countless glories of their past just because they belong to the period preceding the advent of Islam.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/673327/the-delusion-of-identity/?amp=1

Most non Pakistani Muslims see Pakistanis as cringe and our country has this weird thing of just judging other Muslims etc
I already stated my opinion about those who judged others. Pakistan's laws do not force women to wear scarf or veil either; they are practically free to wear what they want. Moreover, Pakistan's own actresses aren't clad in burqas to begin with. I guess you haven't visited Pakistan or seen news about the provocative and vulgar item numbers our actresses are doing.
Most non Pakistani Muslims see Pakistanis as cringe
Why do you give a rat's @ss about what others think about us?
.our country has this weird thing of just judging other Muslims etc
Is it only our country?

I have seen non-Pakistani people and even other countries telling us what to do and in some cases dictating us. We had to abolish death penalty because of EU pressure at one point in our history, people who aren't Pakistanis tell us to become secular, abolish blasphemy laws and whatnot....but when a random Pakistani makes a stupid twitter comment, you guys go bonkers.

We are also friends with commie China and at one time, were buddies with capitalist US.

Being friend of a certain country doesn't mean you have to adopt its culture and ideology.

Turkey will remain our friend regardless of its secularism or cultural differences with us. We dont care if they elect a president or a sultan as it is their choice to do what they want.

Pakistan's self proclaimed liberals and seculars who in reality are nothing but a bunch of Marxist-Leninist psuedo intellectuals cannot grasp this simple concept though.

Last edited:
What people see from these TV shows and the news, they think of Turkey as a muslim country but its actually very moderate, probably the most moderate muslim country.

So people in Pakistan don't know that much of that country and its people are actually very westernized and would rather be considered European.
You also got to remember that in Pakistan, the 'conservative' backlash doesn't necessarily come from religion, but from cultural norms. If these men had been religious, they wouldn't be following the actress' Instagram page in the first place. I guarantee you that some of them are probably soliciting her via DMs too.

They do not.
So what?
Will they blow themselves up in shock if they learn that it is secular? If not, then it is irrelevant what they think as it has zero bearing on Pakistan's future.

China is commie yet it is our friend and our people know it. Our Sunnis also have mostly positive views about Iran despite it being a Shia theocracy. Same goes for Turkey. Being a friend of another nation doesn't mean you've to import its system.

And what has one TV show and a few twitter comments(similar comments can be seen on Pakistani actresses as well) got to do with the future of Pakistan? Nothing whatsoever... despite butt-hurt of self proclaimed Pakistani liberals who watch GOT, house of cards and movies like Titanic then talk in english language about preserving Pak culture from "Turkish aggression".

So what?
Will they blow themselves up in shock if they learn that it is secular? If not, then it is irrelevant what they think as it has zero bearing on Pakistan's future.

China is commie yet it is our friend and our people know it. Our Sunnis also have mostly positive views about Iran despite it being a Shia theocracy. Same goes for Turkey. Being a friend of another nation doesn't mean you've to import its system.

And what has one TV show and a few twitter comments(similar comments can be seen on Pakistani actresses as well) got to do with the future of Pakistan? Nothing whatsoever... despite butt-hurt of self proclaimed Pakistani liberals who watch GOT, house of cards and movies like Titanic then talk in english language about preserving Pak culture from "Turkish aggression".

Dude, it's mostly the "This wuz us lol" mentality we're up against..The problem is that idolization. We already have a low key unhealthy obsession with our perceived image of Turks. But yeah, friendship is good and it should be mutual.

Because it's not Anti-Shia or Anti-Sunni but yes can be called anti-Ahl e hadees as they're now carbon copy of Wahhabis due to Saudi funding.
Another sectarian scummbag of pdf

Can anybody guess who this is? Clue: She is 51 year old and plays a old lady in the series?

HULYA-DARCAN-2.jpg
Why are you butt hurt over a TV show?

There was another Turkish serial which broke trp records in Pakistan quite some time ago called 'Forbidden love'. Its plot revolved around a man's love affair with his niece. Pakistanis loved that....and it had Western style women in it.

Point being that Ertugrul is loved because it is good.
The same was the case with Forbidden Love (ishq-e-mamno) and Magnificient Century (mere sultan). They had nothing to do with Pan-Islamism.

Moreover, Pakistan's own actresses aren't clad in burqas either.

Tragic confusion of pakistani identity remains from Al Bakistani to Now Al Turkistani < name still evolving>
You can put a start to stop that trend by posting in Urdu and that too in nastaliq script.

Last edited:
People know very well that Turkey is secular and that hijab was banned.
Turkey is secular but hijab is not banned.
Everyone wears it on the roads of istanbul even full on face covered black abaya.
Turkey has certainly fallen a little back on their secularism since the advent of tayib erdogan which is fine because they are on the path of another extreme. I think their society through secular is very evolved with clear stance, no double standards etc.

Bro you made a wonderful point that I want to expand on. Turkey has it's own religious bodies. They have maintained these bodies. The reason everyone in Pakistan is tekhedar of Islam, is because our religious bodies are inept entities. Our clergy are wild, out of control. Everyone does what they want - nobody has authority or order. It reflects in our society. People judging who is fasting, how someone is praying, mocking if they see someone enter the masjid who doesn't normally go etc..

The amount of mocking people do be it based on religion, looks, wealth, education, gender, intelligence - list goes on - is a shocking reflection of what we have become. My Quaid was a liberal musalman, he was called names and disrespected by these religious folks who didn’t even want Pakistan to be made - whoever that mullah was, who refused to pray his namaz-e-janaza, was also judging him based on his lifestyle. Now they wreck our lives, lite cylinders in trains and kill us.

These people targetting turkish actors, might not be extremely religious themselves, they are saying standard things that they will say to a fellow Pakistani, as judging others is like breathing oxygen here. I may sound negative, but these comments have really riled me up.

The biggest bigots on the face of earth. Mind your own business and own morals. Let God be the judge.. Dunia ko theek karnay ka thaika lia hua hay.. sarak per gandh khud phankna, logon ko choona lagana, baisti kar kay fakhar karna.. chori ka moka haath say na janay daina... sub kuch karna per dosroon ko naseehat karna... shame on all.

I think we'd need to release a statement apologizing for our fandom :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom